It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by Evildead

What's repulsive is that a sitting president of the U.S.A. continues to go on comedy talk shows and meet with gangsta rappers or celebrities instead of meeting with other heads of state (Israel) and members of congress to try and reach some common ground and actually get things done in this country.

Are you repulsed when you Romeny holds fundraisers in the Cayman Islands with REAL gangsters, you know the bankers, lobbyists and CEOs that screwed over the country?

Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The floating party, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

abcnews.go.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 19-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Romney's not the president of the U.S. and he's not "my Romney" as you said.

There definitely needs to be some laws put in place in regards to fund raising for elections for government positions. As it is nowadays there's too much "special interests" influence over politicians. The system is corrupt and is not beneficial to the U.S.

It's very disheartening to not be able to trust or stand by ANY politicians 100% because their actions may be influenced by "special interests" and their biggest campaign donors.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by 3chainz

Most favorable or desirable? So just what the heck is "optimal" for Americans being killed? Is ten optimal,? twenty,? fifty more favorable or desirable?.... apparently the four killed in the Behgahzi attack is just a "bump in the road" for Obama.

My goodness, you can't be serious.

He said it is NOT OPTIMAL that Americans were killed...meaning it was a BAD THING.

But you are the person that told me that the internet didn't exist in 2003 when Romney was governor and that's why he needed a "binder of women", so I can't say I'm surprised.

Not optimal is when you eat a candy bar and don't get the proper nutrition. Not optimal is when you car only gives you 16 miles to a gallon vs 30. Not optimal is when your normally "A" student gets a B. Not optimal is when you cook enough food for a dinner party of 8 and 9 shows up. In others words. Obama is downplaying the death of 4 Americans. So what is optimal? Perhaps 8 deaths vs 4?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by Evildead

What's repulsive is that a sitting president of the U.S.A. continues to go on comedy talk shows and meet with gangsta rappers or celebrities instead of meeting with other heads of state (Israel) and members of congress to try and reach some common ground and actually get things done in this country.

Are you repulsed when you Romeny holds fundraisers in the Cayman Islands with REAL gangsters, you know the bankers, lobbyists and CEOs that screwed over the country?

Romney Party Yacht Flies Cayman Islands Flag

Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign toasted its top donors Wednesday aboard a 150-foot yacht flying the flag of the Cayman Islands.

The floating party, hosted by a Florida developer on his yacht "Cracker Bay," was one of a dozen exclusive events meant to nurture those who have raised more than $1 million for Romney's bid.

edit on 19-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

Yes because Obama was cruel to the banks, you know, after giving them all those billions of dollars. And it isnt like Obama has bankers fundraising for him (cough Robert Wolf cough). Obama hangs with gangsters too, so I suppose you are disgusted with him. You voting Green Party this year maybe?
edit on 19-10-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Someone tell me why the binders thing was a bad thing? He was talking about how his state had the most qualified women in power within his state compared to any other states. Sure, he didn't phrase it perfectly but big deal? Is Big Bid and Binders full of Women really the big issue here? No. Romney and Obama are both terrible picks, I really want a do-over :/

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

no it wasnt five minutes, it was 1 minutes, he also has said he consulted his entire staff on his comments before making them,

so he had to have prior knowledge it was going to occur and was poised at the ready to post the comments he did only one minute after like he did

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
not to sound cold...

but 4 deaths is NOT worth the effort that everyone wants to put into it.
we can politicize how it may have been avoided sure, but we cannot start throwing money at the war machine and starting wars with a new enemy, i mean for god's sake people.

we dont need revenge. let it rest. learn our lesson about what caused it to begin with.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
not to sound cold...

but 4 deaths is NOT worth the effort that everyone wants to put into it.
we can politicize how it may have been avoided sure, but we cannot start throwing money at the war machine and starting wars with a new enemy, i mean for god's sake people.

we dont need revenge. let it rest. learn our lesson about what caused it to begin with.

So tell me, what caused it?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Obama is corrupt, you have to be in order to be president. I know this. I'm just sick of Romney fans dissing Obama when Romney does the same exact thing or worse. If Romney does something bad it some how always comes back to something Obama did.

Obama or Romney is not working for the American populous. In 2008 Obama was a banker pawn, now they are backing Romney. They seem to want Obama out of office, with that he really might win.

www.opensecrets.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Well unfortunately FoxNews will always be a much bigger joke than anything else on cable, and yet conservative politicians use it to pander to their supporters.

I find this to be true.

I also find that ABC, NBC, CBS and s host of others are ready participants for the Left sides politics.

When it comes to pandering, the left has it by a landslide.

By the way, why is this president on comedy shows all of the time but doesn't have time to do his job?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Stewart led him into it, yes, but Obama should've chosen his words more carefully. I don't have any sympathy for him, though, because conservative candidates and officials have to deal with this crap from the media constantly. Guess it sucks when the shoe is on the other foot for a change.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Again let me reiterate: if the man never gave television interviews, you all would accuse him of being reclusive and secretive...and obviously up to no good

And since everyone thinks the president is responsible for the employment rate, isn't he doing his job very well? Unemployment is at its lowest point since he took office.

He is NOT the greatest president we've ever had, but he is lightyears ahead of George W, and I believe Romney will only drag us back in to the god awful mess of 2008.

But obviously, we are all free to think whatever we want, facts be damned

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

And as for a "liberal bias" in the media, the MSM tore Obama a new one immediately after that first debate. You would NEVER see FoxNews suggest that their candidate lost anything.

MSNBC is blatantly liberal, as much as FoxNews is conservative. CNN, ABC, CBS? They are more about sensationalism and ratings than they are about having any political agenda. They are closer to tabloids than agenda-driven political slants. Is that excusable? Absolutely not, and it's not real journalism either.

But they should not be compared to MSNBC and Fox
edit on 19-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Well unfortunately FoxNews will always be a much bigger joke than anything else on cable, and yet conservative politicians use it to pander to their supporters.

And I believe it was Romney who politicized the Benghazi attacks five minutes after they happened. Because he's an arrogant fool who has little respect for those who died that day. He made that clear in the 2nd debate. Guess you didn't watch it.

Do your homework before you get offended by semantics

"not optimal"

Totally devoid of humanity

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You got a dozen networks and print media and liberal politicians using their power to pander and manipulate, but all you can complain about is the one network out there doing it for the other side? Do you realize how ridiculous that is?

And I believe it was Romney who politicized the Benghazi attacks five minutes after they happened. Because he's an arrogant fool who has little respect for those who died that day. He made that clear in the 2nd debate. Guess you didn't watch it.

The guy you support LIED and claimed it all happened because of an internet video, which lead to the creator being incarcerated! Are you people out of your minds?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Do your homework before you get offended by semantics

"not optimal"

Totally devoid of humanity

I see two human beings there.

If you don't that's your own personal issue

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
There are much more real things to criticize Obama on than this.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
There are much more real things to criticize Obama on than this.

Yeah how about NDAA and Obamacare?

edit on 19-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

no link showing, you can be human without having humanity, empathy etc

A very common trait amongst those who attain such power, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised- his drones kill kids, what did I expect, some appropriate comment over the deaths of fellow Americans?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
reply to post by Hawking

no link showing, you can be human without having humanity, empathy etc

A very common trait amongst those who attain such power, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised- his drones kill kids, what did I expect, some appropriate comment over the deaths of fellow Americans?

And I guess you didn't watch the second debate either?

Both candidates expressed their feelings on the issue very clearly. Please don't try to discuss things you haven't followed

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Oh I have, don't assume to know what I have and haven't watched, I can do without such prejudice and arrogance- those who reach such levels of power are generally amongst the least empathetic people you can find, and this latest comment from Obama is no surprise, as any understanding of his achievements, actions and words would attest

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join