It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

What rock have you been living under? Google is your friend.

link

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Try clicking on the link to find out what I was responding to. It is really simple.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The OP can't even say why his comments were wrong.

All the OP knows is that her Right Wing sources are saying it is outrageous, so it must be parroted.

Ironic that the OP and other Right Wingers don't find it offensive for Romney to continue to use these American's deaths as his little political pawns. But the President says it's never an optimal situation when Americans lose lives after being asked a question about optimal conditions, and they are outraged.

It's so fake and dishonest and really pathetic.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Please research what OPTIMAL means.

Then apologize for this nonsense thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by 3chainz

Most favorable or desirable? So just what the heck is "optimal" for Americans being killed? Is ten optimal,? twenty,? fifty more favorable or desirable?.... apparently the four killed in the Behgahzi attack is just a "bump in the road" for Obama.

My goodness, you can't be serious.

He said it is NOT OPTIMAL that Americans were killed...meaning it was a BAD THING.

But you are the person that told me that the internet didn't exist in 2003 when Romney was governor and that's why he needed a "binder of women", so I can't say I'm surprised.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

That's not what someone actually present at them finding Stevens.

Video: Libyans try to save Chris Stevens

^ Doesn't sound like they're trying to sodomize or torture him to me

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

The ambassador and three aides were sodomized, tortured and then murdered, and Obama's choice of response goes from a bump in the road to not optimal. Only the kool-aid consuming supporters want to give him four more years.

I'll tell you what; Obama has been far less than optimal as president, and has a far from optimal record.

I am playing it right now

What your doing is repulsive beyond any comprehension of humanity
This was a serious deadpan man discussing the attacks, etc.
This is what was said:

Stewart: "I would say even you would admit, it was not the optimal response, at least to the american people as far as us being on the same page"
Obama "Here's what I'll said. When four americans get killed, its not optimial, and we're gonna fix it"

This was not giggley, not nudging or winking, etc. This was a response about the situation, that was veiled in some pretty serious understandings to the fate of whomever did this.

You want to get disgusted by a potus making light and fun of a tragic event? go look at bush jokingly looking under couches and crap for Osama for laughs.

I would rather be drinking the kool aid in seeing this for what it is, than whatever raw sewage your suggesting on here based in your hate over reality.

Deny ignorance indeed.
Your denied.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Apparently a transparent one.
The opening line of your source is

It is time for some bacon wrapped Radical Islamist hors d'oeuvres.

Second, the source that YOUR source uses says

"A google translation of the report says: [SNIP] A news report made by the Libyan Free Press is also reporting that Ambassador Stevens was sodomized before he was killed: "Libya - USA Ambassador in Bengazi sodomized and killed by his own al-Qaeda puppets."

Libyan Free Press is a BLOG

libyanfreepress.wordpress.com...

Murdered? Yes..Tortured and Sodomized? I think that's a bit overblown and there would have been a HELL of a lot more coverage if that's what happened.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
The OP can't even say why his comments were wrong.

All the OP knows is that her Right Wing sources are saying it is outrageous, so it must be parroted.

Ironic that the OP and other Right Wingers don't find it offensive for Romney to continue to use these American's deaths as his little political pawns. But the President says it's never an optimal situation when Americans lose lives after being asked a question about optimal conditions, and they are outraged.

It's so fake and dishonest and really pathetic.

I think the choice of the word optimal was an incredibly poor one. He comes across as callous and uncaring. My opinion does not give you the right to launch a personal attack against me.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

It's clear you didn't know what the word optimal even meant when you made this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Go easy one her Santorum said smart people will never follow the right.

She didn’t understand what he said the right loved bush they relate to how he talked.

edit on 19-10-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Sorry I did not bother to read the source, I just took the first one of a google search that apparently you were unable to do for yourself. Here you go:

google search

Take your pick.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This thread explains so much about the right and their (mis)understanding of the world around them

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

I have a degree in English. Don't project your difficulties onto me.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This thread explains so much about the right and their (mis)understanding of the world around them

It would be nice if people would stick to the topic, MsA isn't the only one that finds his remarks somewhat lacking in compassion,

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I'm having difficulty deciphering your post due to the multiple grammatical errors.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by 3chainz

If you had a degree you would understand that "not optimal" means "not good". You started out in this thread not understanding what he said and you now change it to he was "lacking compassion".

edit on 19-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Your google search is quite handy.
I clicked on the first half dozen results....

theothermccain.com...

This report is so shocking that it seems impossible: According to one unconfirmed Arab-language account from a Libyan news agency, citing

the same blog!

www.nowtheendbegins.com...

From Lebanon News: The Arabic language website known as Lebanon News (Tayar.org) has just reported the horrific claim

the same blog!

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

A news report made by the Libyan Free Press is also reporting that Ambassador Stevens was sodomized before he was killed:

the same blog!

______beforeitsnews/2012/2012/09/ambassador-raped-and-sodomized-before-murder-2437266.html

According to the Lebanese news organization Tayyar.org, citing AFP news sources,

the same blog!

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

"Lebanese paper report - Murdered U.S. Ambassador to Libya reportedly raped" Washington Times
Hat tip Big Fur Hat? Big Fur Hat September 12, 2012 /Tayyar/News/PoliticalNews//

the same blog!

Sorry buddy, but everyone is citing the SAME BLOG!

I'm not here for a slinging match yeah? but the sodomize and torture claims I think are BS, Obama and co would have made that an international incident and completely taken the gloves off.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

reply to post by 3chainz

Just because you have a degree….. Well let’s put it this way Bush went to Harvard look how that turned out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join