It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA officer killed in afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

CIA officer killed in afghanistan

www.cnn.com

The attack is believed to have been a case of an Afghan security force member attacking his own forces, the official said.
News of the attack trickled out Wednesday with no official announcement detailing it.
Only the name of the soldier who was killed has been released: Army Spec. Brittany B. Gordon, 24, of St. Petersburg, Florida. Gordon was assigned to the 572 Military Intelligence Company, 2nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is not the first time afghan security forces turn around and attack US troops, and their own as well in this instance. What is really the point of the afghanistan war other than them being sitting ducks. The background checks or security must be horrible if security forces are constantly attacking them, and it questions the sanity of training people who will use that knowledge to hurt you. Also its sad that the US soldier was a female. It is funny how the CIA won't even release which agent of theirs was killed, why he was there, typical suppressed information. And I like how the article explains what an insider attack is.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Yup...that lump under the rug is getting mighty big, with all the bodies shoved under it.....

Bless their Souls, and grieving Families....

Des

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I noticed that a federal appeals courts ruling on the defense of marriage act is breaking news, and my guess is this incident in afghanistan will NOT be a topic of debate, but rather buried very quickly by both sides. It would bring up too many questions about the CIA, and the democrats will not want to talk about a female soldier casualty. Remember this story before its sent down the memory hole.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I am not sure background checks would work atall as if some nation invaded my country and started bombing villages, then I would do whatever I could against said nation. Now if you bring religion into the mix then the situation will be even worse.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I thought we were supposed to stop working with these pieces of crap after all the trouble they've caused.

My friend just shipped to Afghanistan as a MP and the first thing I told her is don't ever turn her back on those cowards. She told me they had been ordered to stop all training and cooperation with the afghans, so how is this still happening?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There are only two ways to get the Afghans to work with you.

With an ounce of lead, or an ounce of gold.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Something to keep in mind with all these attacks and IED explosions,
without those things to keep us distracted, we would be more upset about Gulf War Syndrome.

Whether CNN talks about that or not, whether they went to the desert or stayed home,
almost all of the veterans are ill. And those who leave the service, half of them are applying for disability.

There is something so horrible going on there. And not to mention the Mefloquine. The Zombie pill.
It's the worst thing that can happen to you, when your body seems healthy but the mind is gone.

We need to bring them HOME... Obama you promised. You promised.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You would think all these families would be raising hell. Their loved ones pay the ultimate price and at most get a little mention in the news before we hear what Lindey Lohan did this weekend 10 times in an hour.

Such a waste.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
There are only two ways to get the Afghans to work with you.

With an ounce of lead, or an ounce of gold.

Maybe it's a case where our *absence* is required? Remind me again what we are doing there?

Oh .... I remember ..... BushCo attacked us on 9/11 and Afghanistan is but one victim in a long list of victim nations.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Islam will wipe us all out.

For us,its now or never.The sooner we get it,the better.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yup...that lump under the rug is getting mighty big, with all the bodies shoved under it...

Des always seems to nail it in the least amount of words. Not much else to be said here really.

My condolences.

SnF

top topics

join