It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's BIG mistake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Barack Obama' debate performances are killing his chances for re election. The first debate showed a tired limpy man with his face down, with no zeal or piazzas. His second debate showed a somewhat angry dude with a somewhat defiant attitude. Interrupting and condescending sort of like "Biden lite." His pleading to the moderator for help made him seem out of control and fearful. So these two debates didn't help him at all.

Now, I believe he could make yet another mistake if he continues to be like Biden in the third and final debate. While it's expected that a challenger might be intrusive and at times rude, it is considered petty and childlike for a standing president to do the same. The only thing that can save the presidents butt from a total blowout would be for him to answer the questions asked, leave the moderator alone, and not interrupt Romney while he is answering the questions.

As for me, I think he will make the mistake, and this time it will be the BIG mistake because it will be the last debate. I just don't think he can help himself because I believe his contempt and hatred of Romney and what Barack Obama believe he represents won't allow him to do otherwise.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If it was not for Obama and the moderator interrupting, then Romney would never shut up. But you are correct, it was a mistake for Obama to interrupt Romney. Obama should have let Romney continue on and on and on...the longer Romney talks, the deeper he digs his political grave.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I watched that last debate and Obama did let Romney go on and on and the more he did the more he DID bury himself. I just hope that most of america saw what I saw and continues to watch what he says and does!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

So you think.......Obama made a mistake by not letting Romney run all over him? What? People complain when Obama sits there and lets Romney run his mouth....people complain when he doesn't....some people ALWAYS find something wrong, always. It's amusing to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Fromabove

So you think.......Obama made a mistake by not letting Romney run all over him? What? People complain when Obama sits there and lets Romney run his mouth....people complain when he doesn't....some people ALWAYS find something wrong, always. It's amusing to me.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Thus is the nature of politics.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Listen up, you must realize that long term strategy is what Obama plays, do you not think he knows how to debate? come on, lets be real, teleprompter has absolutely nothing to do with it, he is on video many times speaking before becoming president without a teleprompter do you think he is a dummy? there are still a lot of people that underestimate Obama's mental skills and intellect unfortunately and they are in denial that the president is as smart as he is and will never accept that fact even if he does have an iq estimated between 135-145 and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Harvard, top 10%, are there any Obama haters on ATS that have anything close in the credentials department dealing with intellect?

I believe the president's strategy of the first debate was to make Romney accountable and answer up on his previous stances and the issues, but the president did not expect to be met with an objection or lie from Romney not owning his own words.

I think the president was really wondering in his mind what is this guys real plan or platform, he was trying to figure it out because the responses he expected from Romney to expose himself never materialized, undoubtedly the president was flat and it was not his best debate though so that did not help.

Romney is definitely someone that knows how to argue and debate, he knows how to act like he knows very well and also convince those watching him he is being truthful when telling a complete lie, he knows the way to deflect a question you do not want to answer is to project a lie, by either saying that is not true, or I did not say that, and then in place of the response to the answer he makes up an on the spot version of his response which is contrary to a previous statement to satisfy those listening.

You have to study both of these individuals, Obama is very good at setting someone up and catching them with their own words and also playing weakness then coming back, but Mitt Romney is well aware of this and uses the aformentioned method to escape the trap almost everytime.

I thought about trying this out just for fun in an argument, just knowingly lie about something that I said before when questioned, if the person didn't punch me in the face before the end of the argument, he would get absolutely nowhere because they never got the truth they were looking for and therefore they would be very frustrated.

Has anyone ever tried this? probably not because you're not a politician.

edit on 18-10-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seekingpeace
I watched that last debate and Obama did let Romney go on and on and the more he did the more he DID bury himself. I just hope that most of america saw what I saw and continues to watch what he says and does!

I guess that's why Obama received 10% more talking time then??? Honest to God, do you liberals EVER filter what comes out of your mouths or do you just feed at the trough of misinfomration peddled to you by the MSM????????????

top topics

join