It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Absurdity of Florida's Division of Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
It's official folks...just in case you had a few doubts, it has been passed into law TODAY that for your vote to count in Florida, you must vote in your precinct...

Laws like this that are JUST NOW coming into effect are precisely why my vote is probably going to be botched and not counted yet again here in Florida...this state is FAR from ready....:shk:

EDIT: Spelling

[edit on 10/18/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Jesus America... I know people call Americans stupid but this takes the biscuit.

What the hell is wrong with a little X beside your candidate. Instead you use machines and 10page long booklets complete with dimples, chads, hanging chads and assorted irregular practices.

I truly feel sorry for you EOHO, nobody should be disenfranchised like this. Out of curiosity, have you voted yet?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I voted absentee in Florida, like I always do. This year, they had 'fill in the bubble' instead of a punch ballot.

I head the touch-screen voting in Maimi crashed today. Here we go again!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Out of curiosity, have you voted yet?

I'm just gonna hold off - Most of these volunteers have probablly never worked at the polls before, and I'm hoping there will be some expierenced blood hopping around come election day...Of course - I could be majorly mistaken on that thought....but even here in Leon county I've expierenced the palpable idiocy of the people who try to make this thing work...

Originally posted by curme
I voted absentee in Florida, like I always do. This year, they had 'fill in the bubble' instead of a punch ballot.

I heard the touch-screen voting in Maimi crashed today. Here we go again!

Yeah - we have felt-tip pins here....I can't even imagine how they can screw that up, but I guarentee you they will....I heard about the crash as well - I think it was aired the same time they mentioned this new "law" on NPR...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What about Voters in Limbo?

You know, If your countys machines are down (highly probable) then by law you're not allowed to vote in a neighbouring precincts machines.

So, If the computer fails and your vote is eaten then... you get no vote.

It's a cushy little clause.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
You don't have to use the machine you can ask for a paper ballot, I live in Fl Hernando county an we had no touble with our ballots last time around hope the rest of the state comes through.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Here's a link to the "story"...it's a little under-developed right now, as you can see, but I'll update this tomorrow with a new link...

www.tallahassee.com...

EDIT: Actually - Here's a more thorough article...
news.yahoo.com.../ap/200 41019/ap_on_el_st_lo/florida_provisional_ballots_6

new topics

top topics

join