It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have a phobia? What if it is related to your previous death?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I remember the last few hours of my last lifetime,
I was killed by a dog.

I was terrified of dogs right up until I had this memory,
and now they just get some extra respect and spiritual acknowledgment.
I'm no longer freezing in their presence.

So I do believe it is very possible to have these things carry over from one life to the next as phobias sometimes.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Hmm, maybe I was wrong when I wrote SpittinTruth was a newborn. The fear of death maybe tells of an second trip. The denying of past lives, is a newborn. Just kidding.

I honor your opinion. For me there is no way I could know, that's why I'm open both ways though I don't want the journey to end when I physically pass away.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Fear of underwater submerged objects (like submarines or large whales)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnWhiteMars

Hmm, maybe I was wrong when I wrote SpittinTruth was a newborn. The fear of death maybe tells of an second trip. The denying of past lives, is a newborn. Just kidding.

I honor your opinion. For me there is no way I could know, that's why I'm open both ways though I don't want the journey to end when I physically pass away.

I don't understand what that means, being newborns and such, but I honor your opinion as well.

I am referring to Cryptomnesia.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I refered to the journey of a soul. First time around, separate from the original source or energy, call it what you may = newborn... I'm sure you got that. Like passing levels in Super Mario's
from 1. -> 2.

Thanks for the link, I was familiar with such an occurance but didn't know the name for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OnWhiteMars

WOW i thought this a few days ago, there's more to add.
What if the people with the most confidence are the newest souls who have died the least? Think about how the population is constantly increasing while some people are being reborn a second time. The wave of newcomers are going to be fearless while the people here for the second time will be scarred by the event that killed them in the previous life. After this has happened a few times and you fall off a cliff and get your fear of height's and then get bit by a spider and so on you can finally be reborn as a paranoid schizo or someone with extreme anxiety and scared of everything and while this is going on there are still fresh souls being introduced to the world and these people don't know how uncomfortable it is to die yet.
LOL the people with the most fear are the most experienced.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
The trail of thought probably stems from the fear of reincarnation.
The thought alone makes me shudder more than a rough towel squeaking on my teeth.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

hmmm, used to have a phobia of spiders really bad, but then i moved to a place were thee is a lot of fruit trees, which means there is a higher population of bugs, which inturn makes a higher population of spiders. I no longer have a phobia because im able to observe spiders and appreciate there importance. so i think phobias can cycle in and out within one lifetime.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I totally agree. As I stated in the opening post that I don't think this theory covers all the phobias.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I have a fear of heights (although have been known to challenge this fear for amusement). I also feel as though I may have died in a past life due to a fall....so I dunno but I've given it some thought before...some things I'm not scared of that do bother me though...like the sound of pulling cotton balls apart bothers me a lot. Sort of like nails on a chalkboard except that doesn't bother me like does most people.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This might be totally normal feeling but I don't like being tied up or locked in a room or jail for that matter.

I happen to believe that I was a prisoner or a in a war camp in my previous life.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
i have one KNOWN fear: the fear of dying! I never want to leave our beautiful planet; even though i know, something more SPLENDID awaits me.

That's a really hard one to deal with, isn't it? I'm not scared of myself dying but I have horrid anxiety thinking about loved ones dying. Even though I've gone through loved ones dying before and I know that it's hard but I can get through it, the thought of it gives me panic. I guess it's abandonment issues in my case. The hardest part about fears when it comes to dying is that dying is completely unavoidable. I'm always in awe of people that have really healthy views on end of life.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have thought about this to.
I believe in reincarnation.
and from animals to.

this could explain why people love some animals.
I love snakes but hate spiders.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
I've thought along the same lines OP. It's a fear of water and drowning for me. I'd have full on hallucinations as a little kid aged four or so. I used to wake up feeling like i was under water and I'd see fish and sea-weed everywhere. Up until i was around 12 I'd have to make sure all the taps weren't dripping in fear of a flood, if either of my parents took a bath i'd have to wait until they were finished so i could double check the taps weren't dripping in hopes my parents wouldn't drown in their sleep. I still remember the accompanying re-occurring dream I'd have about the drowning and watching other people drown.

In the dream I was on a tropical Asian style island looking at a huge impenetrable globe of water. I'd always see palm trees floating around inside the globe, wooden wreckage and people floating around and eventually drowning, it was a really traumatic re-occurring dream.

To this day I can't watch people drown in movies without feeling faint and irrationally anxious.

Ditto to a lot of what you said. My childhood nightmares were of a car crashing off a bridge into deep water. I hated the feeling of being in our deep bath tub. Once it got up to my chest,I'd panic.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I'm actually rather intrigued by your suggestion that phobias might be the result of lingering impressions of deaths or horrible experiences in past lives. I've never considered that before.

My main "phobia" is dark water. Especially if there's seaweed or anything other than sand beneath the surface. Unpleasant sensations combined with lack of sight and restricted mobility has always caused me extreme discomfort.
edit on 17-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My phobia is suffication, and heights....when I was in the Army my gas mask canisters were fautly...the NCO's kept telling people not to break the seal...I was starting to get a panic attack, so I disobeyed orders and ripped it off....at first they were furious, but I wasn't going to suffocate myself on top of a fear of masks covering my face.......

Heights are the worst, I was pushed down a escalator by my middle sis (female equivalent to Mc Caulay Culkins 'The Good Son') when I was 5.......I never really got over falling or heights.....I also have anxiety around crowds..

As for pastlife, I have an idea what I may have been through....but I wouldn't rule out the possability.

edit on 17-10-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

Your fears are clearly related to these traumatic experiences. Let's hope they don't carry through to the next part of the journey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join