It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, Meteor Detection Live View quite active/updates

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's not working at the moment obviously.

There is an alternative way to monitor meteor activity if you click here however.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
It appears to be working again now.

Should it fail again, here's another alternative based in Japan, and another based in the UK

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
never mind
edit on 24/10/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Caught this one yesterday.

Looks like the same meteorite is bouncing off the atmosphere and trying again to penetrate.

Either that or it is an alien ship just out for a cruise.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

You might want to look at this thread

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Thanks. I was just kidding, I knew someone would have a reasonable explanation, afterall, everything can be explained by a reasonable explanation......

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by JrDavis

An extended signal is due to what's called a "tropo lift," which is a period of increased tropospheric propagation. The VHF signals are received via tropospheric propagation, so an increase ("lift") in that propagation increases the baseline. Normally, that baseline is the blue region at the bottom, but during these "lifts" it shows as a continuous signal like the one seen at the moment.

A similar occurrence last month
edit on 23-10-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Meteor detection feed usually updates every minute or so, I think it may be every 37 seconds, but it hasn't updated now for over 24 HRS, what a coincidence with all this cosmic activity, hope they are not trying to hide anything from us.........

edit on 15-2-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: nevermind.........

edit on 15-2-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Meteor detection live feed still not updating, over 48hrs now, what a coincidence this is happening at a time of high cosmic activity...........I'm positive it is just a coincidence.........

Meteor Detection Live Feed link
edit on 16-2-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

edit on 16-2-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: epiphany

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Finally it is updating, and it is very active and interesting to watch! Here is the link again:

Meteor detection live feed

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, and that is really cool this meteor live view site. So I have a question....

Is there an archive or photo of what the Russian meteor looked like on this site, and on those charts? Where can I see that? I am very curious to see what those plots showed when the Russian meteor came in, and if they were detected. I mean you figure they would put up a photo of it captured, considering the rarity of that larger event. But have looked and cannot find it.

EDIT Note: I have sent an email to the contact address provided by the site to answer this question, and will share if I get a response.
edit on Thu Feb 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Is there an archive or photo of what the Russian meteor looked like on this site, and on those charts?

There won't be a record of the Russian fireball on there since to detect a meteor the radio receiver used to detect meteors needs to be quite near by. This type of meteor observation only detects meteors that are in the sky overhead. Meteors that are a long way off and over the horizon wont be detected. There is a possibility that someone might have been running a similar radio meteor detection system in the area of the Russian event, but it's a very slim one, and chances are we would have heard by now if there was.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Reports of large, bright meteor and sonic boom in SoCal. Within the last hour

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It's updating as I'm on the site. Try refreshing the page.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Good question. I wondered the same. Would like to see how it looked.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Thanks for the post, and that is really cool this meteor live view site. So I have a question....

Is there an archive or photo of what the Russian meteor looked like on this site, and on those charts? Where can I see that? I am very curious to see what those plots showed when the Russian meteor came in, and if they were detected. I mean you figure they would put up a photo of it captured, considering the rarity of that larger event. But have looked and cannot find it.

EDIT Note: I have sent an email to the contact address provided by the site to answer this question, and will share if I get a response.
edit on Thu Feb 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Good question, that would be cool to see.

However, from my post above you can see the page had stopped updating and was stuck on the view from Feb 14, 18:28 (I assume UTC) and didn't update for a few days. What was the time of the Russian meteor? I will go find out, it will be interesting to see if the page stopped updating before, during or after the Russian meteor event.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The meteor detection live view is quite active comparared with usual, if anyone gets kicks from watching that kind of thing on a wet and stormy night.

Just caught this cool one:

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Again, very active tonight, if you haven't watched before you may get a kick out of this:

Meteor Detection Live Feed

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Does it show location also?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looks like another spike

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Unless I'm missing something, isn't this site just for the UK? I don't see how this paints a very accurate hemisphere-specific, or global picture, if that's the only place it monitors. That doesn't seem very worthwhile in the grand scheme... Is there a global meteor monitoring site anywhere?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join