It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private city in Honduras will have minimal taxes, government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Private city in Honduras will have minimal taxes, government

www.foxnews.com

Small government and free-market capitalism are about to get put to the test in Honduras, where the government has agreed to let an investment group build an experimental city with no taxes on income, capital gains or sales.

Central American beacon of job creation and investment, by combining secure property rights with minimal government interference

The laws in the city will be separate from those in the rest of Honduras.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
VERY Interesting Video

This should be interesting
I think that special interest groups will FLOCK to this project so a free market system looks bad.

This is both good news and bad news but mostly good news if you all remember who will try to tarnish the project.
Special Interest Groups!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Great info. I might look into this. I wonder what their weapons laws are?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've been living in Honduras for almost eleven years now….I think this type of venture will only attract the wrong kind of people as everything big or important does here, it's extremely corrupt and I'm afraid to say helpless. The ones to develop this will be the same ones that already run this country. The so called new laws will be a joke, there's absolutely no such thing as any laws being enforced here. In fact the cops and military are some of the worst in this country when it comes to corruption. About the best thing about this project is the jobs it will create. It will be extremely cheap labor but needless to say it will help to put food on the table for a lot of people. I hope for the very best, I really do, but at the same time I feel this type of project would have been better suited in another country with less issues then this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Can you say "Tax Haven"??

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
Can you say "Tax Haven"??

I was gonna say....

Does anyone know the specifics?

What if they decide no blacks aloowed?
Or no whites allowed?
No women allowed?
No men allowed?
No children allowed?
If you live here you cqnnot have children period?
What if the punishment for violation is death?
What a bout laws that restrict the selling of products made within that city to catholics, muslims, jews?

Its an interesting experiment however without knowing some of the more finite criteria it seems the ability to run it off the rails and into the realm of the absurd is ever present.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
its a plot for honduras to draw in as many foreign funds and industries as possible before nationalizing them.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It's been struck down by the Honduran Supreme Court as unconstitutional.

Doesn't look like this going to go ahead after all.

top topics

join