It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and the Pentagon's 'Defense Intelligence Agency'.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealstory
Proof of a 99% chance of existence of aliens assaulting our planet:
www.nsa.gov... message from 2004 from ET it was made public in 2011

What? Sure, in the appendix is written that several radio signals were recorded at regular intervals, what does that have to do with aliens assaulting Earth?

Also, on page 20 we see that the paper is a theoretical/practical 'exercise' in understanding coded language.

So, I'm VERY curious to see how it means that Earth is being assaulted?

edit on 29-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The military's ran by people. People are generally corrupt, make many mistakes, and enjoy power and putting money in their own pockets when they are in charge of big checkbooks of other peoples money.

The real truth is the military's not as capable as you think. In fact there have been many people feeding themselves at the trough... The "alienz and ufos" stories make you think they are doing something very accountable with your money.

Meanwhile a submarine just surfaced and rammed a +$1 Billion ship rendering it drydock status for over a year leaving both ships out of our defense capability....and we only got @250 good ships to protect us.

Keep the UFO stories going....keeps the populace from thinking about whats really going on in the world.

That +$1 Billion Port Royal ship driving herself up onto a beach not long ago also drydocked her for over a year. People are generally stupid.

Guess who's in charge running things? Not the smart people. If there were "Alienz and UFOs".....first thing you'd notice is we'd have our smart people in charge. The day you see that happen and we can actually run Naval ships without smashing into each other.....then it could be plausible we finally shaped up after realizing there actually WAS an alien presence. As of yet....ain't happened.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Keep the UFO stories going....keeps the populace from thinking about whats really going on in the world...

- Here's where I disagree: They don't really have any interest in the thousands of 'ufologists' snooping around to find aliens, do they? If there were no alleged UFOs, few people would be doing FOIAs and snooping around the military bases. It could save them a lot of money and concern.

- Where I agree: As long as the population is scared, Americans will silently continue to accept the exorbitant black budgets, and exorbitant regular military budgets.
'It's for my own good', they think, as they let their tax-money go to the big guys in the Military-Industrial-Complex. Only when the citizens decide that the U.S. should be defined by her military assets, will the goverment change. In the end the government is much more a reflection of U.S. citizens than they like to admit. Voting for the Military-Industial-Complex again and again (basically all GOP Presidents in recent history) and then complaining about it afterwards is common hypocrisy.

edit on 29-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hard and fast truth time. On the topic of UFOs, it is a very serious concern, but only to the Department of Defense and Naval Command. Reason being, not aliens from outer space, but because if the enemy nation has something new, be it stealth, high-altitude, high-speed, or simply a new drone, we need to know about it.

On the topic of "black ops" take my word for it or not, but we've hardly launched anything of note lately. Especially over civilian areas where it may be observed for flight maneuvers. We have eyes on us at all times spanning across the globe. Think on that a bit.

This is how it works, we design it, it's shipped in separate parts, whereas our drivers look like your everyday drinking highway truck driver (no offense, it's on purpose). It's sent to bases like **** there in a certain southern state (and far northern at times) for "1st to third stage" testing. It is placed upon a vessel, shipped out to sea, and then assembled onboard. Launch takes place at night specifically when most of the boys are asleep. Those typically assigned for on-deck duties are limited to personnel we need for basic operations after assembly, and during test runs. Where those ships go, as well as areas of flight paths I'd lose my privileges to say but that's basically how it's done for these things.

Experiments. Small scale is done INDOORS. Not outside on the desert plain for all to see. We do not need to fly anything until maneuvering stage - see above. We have multiple turbines on all sides of operating rooms entirely capable of creating any kind of weather condition be it rain, crosswinds, etc. Some of these rooms are enormous - think water reservoir size, far larger than a typical outdoor hanger. This goes not just for flight tech but weapons as well. The vents for these locations... they are quite some distance away. Miles, in some cases, and hidden using everyday buildings as exit ports.

Nuclear testing is different. We can't really hide it, but we are d*mn near close to it. I don't work in that area but I can estimate how many times it's gone unnoticed by the public. New devices are made small, then scaled up in material and size based upon need using years of tested and approved methods for scalability.

All of you ladies and gentlemen out there looking up into the skies are actually doing us a favor. The reports that come in go through a filter and the pertinent ones are sent to the higher ups. The rest are filed and forgotten. Take it or leave it.
edit on 29-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: removed base name

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
SoulVisions, what nuclear tests are you describing? Seems like you're spinning a yarn there.

"The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in 1996 .. all of these states have pledged to discontinue all nuclear testing." en.wikipedia.org...

Nuclear tests, worldwide:

PS: I was too late to edit my previous post, "Only when the citizens decide that the U.S. should NOT be defined by.." was missing the 'not'.

edit on 29-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: PS

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

There's a post here listing some pretty perplexing UFO incidents (the OP case from the Palmar dam is also a bit of a headscratcher) - like Shadowherder can I ask certain folks on this thread why they are so convinced of their opinions and why the objects in the cases listed (and all other UFO incidents) involve experimental military craft?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer
SoulVisions, what nuclear tests are you describing? Seems like you're spinning a yarn there.

"The Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in 1996 .. all of these states have pledged to discontinue all nuclear testing." en.wikipedia.org...

Well, actually it bans nuclear detonation above a certain size. It doesn't ban testing of experiments and devices related to nuclear weaponry.

I think what SoulVisions is saying is that they do subcritical tests or tests with non-fissile material with known properties and then scale up. This has been done for nuclear weaponry for decades.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

There's a post here listing some pretty perplexing UFO incidents (the OP case from the Palmar dam is also a bit of a headscratcher) - like Shadowherder can I ask certain folks on this thread why they are so convinced of their opinions and why the objects in the cases listed (and all other UFO incidents) involve experimental military craft?

Karl, honestly, I'm not going to get into the whole alien UFO thing. I'm not a believer. I've tried here on the forums once before in one guy's thread regarding things I've at least worked on myself, and after a long. detailed explanation of how certain mechanics and physics work, all that ended up happening was people losing their understanding of what was being presented.

You want real answers to your "UFO" thing and what the military has, start compiling research on what each individual university has worked on, what mechanical aspect came of it, and then put the pieces together.

p.s. A side note, if you did endeavor to do this remember that even though a university specializes in one thing doesn't mean they won't work on another.. ala California's "nuclear college" being responsible for a peculiar magnet that floats and moves in polar patterns when subjected to an electrical field.
edit on 30-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions

Karl, honestly, I'm not going to get into the whole alien UFO thing. I'm not a believer.

Was the word 'alien' mentioned in that post?

I don't know what these objects are but I'd like to know why some people are so cocksure that the objects involved in these cases are definitely 'experimental military craft'.

The Edwards Air Force Base UFO Incident

The Coyne Incident

The Tehran Incident

The Colares Incident

The Portage County Incident

The Shag Harbour Incident

The RAF Boulmer Incident

The Little Rissington UFO Incident

The Gosford Incident

The Minot AFB Incident

The Bariloche UFO Incident

The US Coastguard Lake Erie UFO Incident

The Bethune case

The Davis-Monthan AFB UFO Incident

The Red Bluff UFO Incident

The Palmar Dam Incident

I don't think a person needs to be a 'believer' to answer that and I don't think it's an unfair question.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

You want real answers to your "UFO" thing and what the military has, start compiling research on what each individual university has worked on, what mechanical aspect came of it, and then put the pieces together...

Haha, that'd be some goose chase..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

You want real answers to your "UFO" thing and what the military has, start compiling research on what each individual university has worked on, what mechanical aspect came of it, and then put the pieces together...

Haha, that'd be some goose chase..

Lol... Yeah, actually I suppose it would be. Still honestly, the information is out there in the public.

Karl, I'm sorry I don't have all of the answers for you. I'm not being smart with you, I genuinely mean it. A number of the reports you had me look at were dating back into the 70's. Shortly after 1950, many of these "solid object" sightings tapered off. I have my theories on that, but they are my own. That was a period long before I began work, even. As for the aliens comment, I was only speaking in general what my personal thoughts on the matter were. I've seen things I can't explain or entirely understand, certainly, and as such I try to work out the solutions to those things just as you are doing here. I'm curious what your motivation is, Karl. Why are you looking into these matters?
edit on 30-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Curiousity is one of the most important human traits. Without it, we would not have been where we are, on so many levels, neither would the mil. Curiousity and knowledge is a human virtue. Really, I don't see how it needs any more justification or reason than being human.

So, that's the background for people asking questions, good questions, reasonable questions, worthy questions: The people are not the ones who need to justify anything. The Cold War is over.

edit on 31-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I always enjoy posts that involve speculations on the agencies that are involved on the UFO coverup. However we must include the Office of Naval Intelligence and especially the National Reconnaisance Office.

I think we must pay particular attention to the National Recconaisance Office. They really didnt even acknowledge their existence until the lat 90's. Check out their official website too........it is interesting for sure.

They probably have incredible images and video from thier advanced sattellites of ufos entering and leavin our atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nightvisionufo

Or, you can check with one of "doze guys":

especially - the NGA, one of the most secretive of all, and who, IMHO, are the boys with the best "goods"...

Don't look TOO close, though... There's nothing a spy hates worse than having someone else spy on them...

edit on 10/31/2012 by Outrageo because:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Karl, I'm sorry I don't have all of the answers for you.

Soulvisions, fair enough mate - no need to apologize and I don't think anyone has all the answers (I suppose that's why I'm questioning certain people's 'absolute conviction' about their experimental military craft hypothesis).

I'm not being smart with you, I genuinely mean it.

I do realize that and appreciate it.

[ A number of the reports you had me look at were dating back into the 70's. Shortly after 1950, many of these "solid object" sightings tapered off.

Do you mean the 1980's?

I'm curious what your motivation is, Karl. Why are you looking into these matters?

Originally it was simple curiosity about what the objects in certain cases could possibly be but the more I looked into the government documentary evidence aspect (and ridiculous USAF explanation angle) I became pretty convinced the U.S. Government were lying through their teeth when it came to the UFO subject.

I don't suppose anybody likes being lied to and although am still no closer to finding out what the objects involved in the Red Bluff, Gosford, Bariloche, Ravenna etc.. cases actually are have developed a bit of an obsession with the subject (healthy one hopefully
).

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightvisionufo

However we must include the Office of Naval Intelligence and especially the National Reconnaisance Office.

Nightvisionufo, good call
- don't know about the NRO but there are a few articles and documents here about the ONI's role in the UFO/USO subject - there are also quite a number of accounts involving Superior Officers ordering Naval personnel to never discuss their UFO/USO experiences and reports of missing log books.
Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

NGA and the..

(cough)Naval Research Labs(cough)

Look into it.

Who do you need to speak with regarding UFOs?
The US has so many branches, it's so large, after all.
So, who actually identifies and watches these "UFOs" in the military intelligence arena?

Within the NGA... (you just need to find the specific employees to interview)

Inner-office document seeking new qualified help. TopSec, therefore much redacted other than what is non)

The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), the World Leader in Geospatial Intelligence.

Imagine being able to identify anything on, above, or beneath the Earth's surface and display that information visually to provide a meaningful foundation for...

Know the Earth... Show the Way... Understand the World

...apply advanced techniques to determine the intelligence and geospatial information contained in the electro-optical region of the spectrum. This includes the exploitation of multi- and hyperspectral imagery.

This is your task. Under the Analysis Directorate, Office of Sciences and Methodologies, you will report in daily providing timely, relevant, and value-added image science solutions for combat support and national intelligence missions using all geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) sources available to NGA. Among the employees who make this happen are spectral image scientists. As a spectral image scientist using special processing, analyze airborne and satellite multi- and hyper-spectral imagery, and prepare tailored information and products. You, along with other highly skilled employees, will apply your experience with image processing systems, geographic information systems, and related applications to produce NGA and the Nation's GEOINT.

Spectral image scientists are not simply technical employees. You will be required to engage employees throughout NGA, the Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, and the Government. Build strong networks, share information and collaborate, as well as coach and mentor peers along with those who are both senior and junior level to you. An NGA Spectral Image Scientist is prepared to serve the Nation's security and civil requirements. Your security clearance level will provide you with

These are the ones here in the U.S. that "Watch the skies." Clearance is top secret. Other than snail-mail, they're hard to reach. There is a high turnaround in this department. I can imagine why.

This post will likely be forgotten in a short time, and I'll be d*mned if anyone here knows about this little agency, but the way things move here on ATS write it down if you need to because it's sure to be lost/forgotten in time. Hope my contributions have been of some help in this thread. Good luck.
edit on 31-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
One more comment.

In response to your original question as to what the military thinks about the UFO debate.
(from a little-known record regarding a meeting of high officials from all branches with at least topsec security..)

Wednesday, 1 December 2010, 6 pm - Las Vegas, NV - "UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities" the topic covered by Dr. John Alexander at AFIO Las Vegas Event.

The Roger E. McCarthy, Las Vegas Chapter Meeting will feature John B. Alexander, Ph.D. speaking on the topic discussed in NV: "UFOs: Myths, Conspiracies, and Realities."

The event takes place at the Nellis Air Force Base Officers' Club. (Guest names must be submitted to Mary Bentley along with their birth date by 4:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 23rd. For over half a century the intelligence community frequently has been linked to UFOs. This presentation will provide an insider's look at the myths and realities that abound. For many years, Dr. Alexander directed an ad hoc, multiagency study of the subject. Participants, all of whom held TS/SCI clearances, included military officers, IC members, and defense aerospace industry engineers. The investigation led him to many of the most senior officials in the IC as well as the director of the Strategic Defense Initiative, Dr. Edward Teller, Skunk Works president Ben Rich and many others. What they learned was not what they expected. This presentation includes hard and compelling evidence that supports some cases while equally eviscerating many of the popular myths of the true believers and fallacious arguments of skeptics/debunkers. The presentation is based on his book of the same title with foreword by Jacques Vallee, and introduction by aerospace legend Burt Rutan scheduled for release in February, 2011. For further information or to make reservations, email [email protected] or call me anytime at 702-295-1024. We look forward to seeing you!

Now you have even more to help you with your search for answers. Names, dates, and locations. If you can't get what you're looking for (or anyone else here, for THAT matter), then let it be, please.

Lastly, before someone says "if you know, then just say something," again, I'm not being vague/elusive for dramatic purposes. I'm trying my best to lead you in the right direction without losing my d*mn job. The honest truth is, that even if i just said, "OK, this is the stance of the higher-ups..." you wouldn't believe me anyway. Some people either need to be shown, or learn it for themselves. I'd put this all in it's own thread but this is better for a lot of reasons.

All the best, and be careful.
edit on 31-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Thanks for you contributions most interesting they are as well, particularly the NGA stuff. Thanks go to K12 as well for another great thread. Just one thing Soul Visions, I suspect there's a whole bunch of people h who have read your last post and just guffawed very loudly at the name Dr John Alexander.

Fellow ATS member GUT's epic thread, including epic bouts of trollery from some people, deals with Mr Alexander amongst others and trollery aside, the whiff of umpteen flavours of bovine effluence is pretty damn strong in the nostrils of many when it comes to some being "honest" on any sort of meaningful level when it involves UFOs.

They are, they aren't, they might be well, let's start a new religion

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

The meeting of the officials was only to discuss the theories presented by the author. Those that held water, those that did not, what we knew for a fact, and what we didn't.

Mr. Alexander had nothing to do with the event other than provide a basis for addressing the subject matter of UFOs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join