It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays just moved in next door!! I guess I'm supposed to hate them.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Gays can raise children the same way as my wife and I can they have only one extra duty make sure that their lifes path is not the driving force for the future of life results for the child IE dont tell the child gay is the way just stick it out there so the child can understand it and at the responsible age not when a child is innocent of the difference of gay and not gay that child will also require support from those parents as would a child of a divorced or widowed family the lack of two sexes will be an issue at mothers day fathers day father son trips so on and so forth if they can provide the child with these two crucial extra points that the rest of us dont have to except the widow divorce thing well then I think that child will be fine right where it is and I actually believe more benefits will come to this child than my children because this child will be more adept in the subject of tolerance and more aware of how to discurage hatred and in that aspect that child has more to give to its children than my children will have to give to their kids and its possible that this life experience if mimicked will continue on to solve some of the major driving issues behind our generations faults ie war intolerance hatred etc I sure hope so .....and you know its said that people who are scorned so much will return the favor by giving us so much freely to save our future from biggetry social disease political and religious intolrerance and so on .......I feel kind sick to receive such a gift that really none of us deserve to have in what these well adjusted tolerant children of the furture if raised by gays turns out to save us so called acceptable people and life styles from their own short sightedness

[edit on 18/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I don't think this is really the place for a satirical piece, but in my opinion, you should love your neighbor, as you love yourself. I believe you are incorrect in your statement that the President wants to amend the Constitution to deny equal rights to anyone. The President has proposed an amendment to protect the institution of marriage.

Just pick up a large fruit basket and have it delivered to your new neighbors with a polite note of welcome to the neighborhood and ask all your neighbors to do likewise. I'm sure they will appreciate the kind gesture.

Very well put and good advice, but if the day comes do you tell them they are living in sin? Thats when it gets tough. Do you skirt the question, lie, or be honest and hurt their feelings? I would bet they already know it is sin, yet choose the lifestyle. I would be nice also, but they might call me a bible thumper and that would be fine, I would still love them.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
edsinger has a point even I cant say I would know what to tell that child about the moral implications and if applicable religious applications how do you tell a kid to love and honor their God and all his commandments then answer the question on the biblical morality of being gay nowever all I have ever heard about being gay is not a choice its part of their genetic or perbirth personality how do you deal with it then do you tell them its sin but God made me this way in that case

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
edsinger has a point even I cant say I would know what to tell that child about the moral implications and if applicable religious applications how do you tell a kid to love and honor their God and all his commandments then answer the question on the biblical morality of being gay

Why in the world would I want to tell my child to honor "god" by practicing discrimination and hate and the teach them "biblical morality" when there are morals and values we can all live by that are valid and strong and good while honoring the differences in others?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
redballoon what Im asking is do you deprive them of church and faith or let them go forth and when that preacher says something about gays being sinful what then I mean these kids if they go to sunday school are apt to pick up on the fact hey mom and mom are gay and the preacher says gay is evil does that mean mom and mom are evil what do you say an still be honest as possible to the best moral path possible

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all, who's to say they are even Christian and read the Bible at all. And if they are, perhaps they can explain it as they explain their other sins like cutting their hair or eating pork or all the other things listed in that same paragraph and verse of the Bible.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by jupiter869]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
...but if the day comes do you tell them they are living in sin? Thats when it gets tough. Do you skirt the question, lie, or be honest and hurt their feelings? I would bet they already know it is sin, yet choose the lifestyle. I would be nice also, but they might call me a bible thumper and that would be fine, I would still love them.

Living in sin by one set of rules is not living in sin by others. Not everyone is Christian and follows the bible and how it is twisted to serve the oppinions of some. Why would I tell them they are living in sin when I do not believe they are? I would be honest, and tell them that I admire their family and their commitment to one another, and wish them all the happiness in the world, and protection from oppinions like the above.

Bible thumping is fine - really. But why must you thump your bible in everyone elses lives? I don't mean to sound nasty or even aggressive, I just don't think how someone else lives their life in their private family is anyone elses business.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

redballoon what Im asking is do you deprive them of church and faith or let them go forth and when that preacher says something about gays being sinful what then I mean these kids if they go to sunday school are apt to pick up on the fact hey mom and mom are gay and the preacher says gay is evil does that mean mom and mom are evil what do you say an still be honest as possible to the best moral path possible

Okay, I'm having trouble understanding some of your posts sans punctuation. I will try to respond to your points, but forgive me if I miss one

Deprive them of faith? How do you know they don't have faith? Your church is not the only faith or the only correct faith. There are many ways to worship and be faithful other than going to a christian church. I would never take my child to a church that tells them certain groups of people are "evil" nor would I go there myself. I would be HONEST and support the family every way I could and teach them to worry about their own path, and not everyone elses.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869
First of all, who's to say they are even Christian and read the Bible at all. And if they are, perhaps they can explain it as they explain their other sins like cutting their hair or eating pork or all the other things listed in that same paragraph of the Bible.

and does that not reflect in the childs mind as confusing I have parents who sin and Im not suppose to sin or go to hel.l and yet they wont be in heaven with me because those choose to keep sinning dont my parents love me .....now note I know salvation washes all sin and the lowest of sinners shall have a crown in heaven if saved but a child may not have that as a first thought I wouldnt know how to respond to my child if either one came up to me and said in their neive and innocent way daddy if what you do is a sin and sin makes you go to hel.l then why do you keep doing that sin dont you want to be in heaven with me I would freeze I dont know how to answer that

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
no redballoon forget christain as the faith as there are many faiths of the same opinion as to the sinful nature of gay life style so christain views set aside then apply any other religion there are so many that agree on this fact

ps sorry about punctuation I am very computer savey I can build a computer from scratch but get me to typing and out the window it goes I cant type worth a poot

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

There are plenty of churches who don't pry into the sexuality of peoples' lives.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that most gay parents don't go to one of the churches where it's proclaimed that "GOD HATES FAGS" at every other sermon.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

First of all, who's to say they are even Christian and read the Bible at all. And if they are, perhaps they can explain it as they explain their other sins like cutting their hair or eating pork or all the other things listed in that same paragraph and verse of the Bible.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by jupiter869]

Just in case you missed it, I do read it and here is what yee seek, this pork thing is funny!

Mark 7:1 The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus and
Mark 7:2 saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were "unclean," that is, unwashed.
Mark 7:3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders.
Mark 7:4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)
Mark 7:5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with 'unclean' hands?"
Mark 7:6 He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Mark 7:7 They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.'
Mark 7:8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men."
Mark 7:9 And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!
Mark 7:10 For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.'
Mark 7:11 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God),
Mark 7:12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother.
Mark 7:13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."
Mark 7:14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this.
Mark 7:15 Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'"
Mark 7:16
Mark 7:17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable.

Mark 7:18 "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'?
Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
taibunsuu

you mean to tell me gay people are unGodly and imoral so what does it matter or are you saying denying them the choice of going to church cause they want to is the solution kids go where other kids go true? well I have a church bus of kids that passes by my house 2 a week and I know some of those parents dont go to church but yet the kids found there way there how well a friend of course or word of mouth or maybe they just walked by one day now tell me how what you just told me answers my question because now you have a kid in church of a gay family now what do you as those parents who are gay to your kids when they come in
and say being gay is a sin and sin leads to hel.l and you wont stop sinning
dont you want to be in heaven with me dont you love me what is the way to answer them

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger Very well put and good advice, but if the day comes do you tell them they are living in sin? Thats when it gets tough. Do you skirt the question, lie, or be honest and hurt their feelings?

Since they aren't living in sin , that would be a no. Why would they want to lie?

Originally posted by edsinger I would bet they already know it is sin, yet choose the lifestyle.

As it's not a sin and they don't live in your head, why would they know a lie? And how do you know what they've chosen? You aren't them and can't read minds.

Originally posted by edsinger I would be nice also, but they might call me a bible thumper and that would be fine, I would still love them.

In what world is insulting them, by spreading lies about them "living in sin", being nice?
And why would they call you a bible-thumper? It's obvious from other threads that you don't know jack-$h!+ about the bible.

Originally posted by edsinger
Mark 7:18 "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'?
Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

According to this any type of oral sex is not sinful.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
The gay marriage thing just shows how conditioned we as a society are.
How many of you, instead of supporting equal rights for all or defending the sanctity of your religion, asked your self why the gov. has anything to do with marriage in the first place?

I totally agree. Why isn't the majority wondering what the government is doing overseeing the SACRAMENT of marriage! I am not a religious person, but why in the first place do gay people want to be associated with a tradition of the Church, and why is the government meddling in this.

Why is it is so important to put a label on this relationship at all? I understand the equal rights aspect of this ... but to want to name it MARRIAGE. That is where it gets bogged down ... in the labeling.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If they are living in sin, isn't it between them and God? It's none of our business. So are we right in condemning them?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by I_AM_that_I_AM

Since they aren't living in sin , that would be a no. Why would they want to lie?

Gen 3:3 but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'"
Gen 3:4 "You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.
Gen 3:5 "For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."

You sound familar?

And why would they call you a bible-thumper? It's obvious from other threads that you don't know jack-$h!+ about the bible.

Well I know what your game is, and it isnt working. You have it all figured out dont you? Ah great wise one indeed.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

You are good I will give you that, neither would be eating your kids. Get real, you are a legend in your own mind!

Why not present the WHOLE thing in context oh great wise and knowledgeable one?

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean)

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

If they are living in sin, isn't it between them and God? It's none of our business. So are we right in condemning them?

Same questions from you,

The Judge not lest yee be judged huh?

See the other thread...........Well just in case, for those reading who are wondering where he leads with this...

NIV
Mat 7:16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?Mat 7:17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.Mat 7:18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.Mat 7:19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.Mat 7:20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

and now since you never read in context.....

THIS QUESTION- "IS IT RIGHT TO JUDGE?" is one that puzzles many sincere Christians. A careful and open minded study of the Bible makes it clear that concerning certain vital matters, it is not only right but a positive duty to judge. Many do not know that the Scripture commands us to judge. The Lord Jesus Christ commanded, "Judge righteous judgment" (John 7:24). He told a man, "Thou hast rightly judged" (Luke 7:43). To others, our Lord asked, "Why even of yourselves judge ye not what is right?" (Luke 12:57).

The Apostle Paul wrote, "I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say" (1 Corinthians 10:15). Again, Paul declared, "He that is spiritual judgeth all things" (1 Corinthians 2:15). It is our positive duty to judge.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

NO not by any means but I do think they should know how to deal with the judgements that sometimes innocent children can throw out there with out harming or influicing them ......the most cherished thing in life is that of innocense and a search for ones self and it shouldnt be tainted by ignorance

whats our favorite battle cry deny ignorance well I for one want to and if ever one of my young flock comes to me one day and says preacher my parents are sinning how do I make them stop I want to know how to help those parents and kids work to the truth through the best way I can without harming either the kids or the parents

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   

What!?
This is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen you write.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join