It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebel Arms Flow Is Said to Benefit Jihadists in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Rebel Arms Flow Is Said to Benefit Jihadists in Syria

WASHINGTON — Most of the arms shipped at the behest of Saudi Arabia and Qatar to supply Syrian rebel groups fighting the government of Bashar al-Assad are going to hard-line Islamic jihadists, and not the more secular opposition groups that the West wants to bolster, according to American officials and Middle Eastern diplomats.

Pretty damn inept considering how successful they have been in the past.

“The opposition groups that are receiving the most of the lethal aid are exactly the ones we don’t want to have it,” said one American official familiar with the outlines of those findings, commenting on an operation that in American eyes has increasingly gone awry.

What do they expect with half arsed measures.

The United States is not sending arms directly to the Syrian opposition. Instead, it is providing intelligence and other support for shipments of secondhand light weapons like rifles and grenades into Syria, mainly orchestrated from Saudi Arabia and Qatar. The reports indicate that the shipments organized from Qatar, in particular, are largely going to hard-line Islamists.

Where have I heard of leading from behind?

www.nytimes.com...

So there you go folks the US is leading from behind, while Saudi and Qatar arms the Jihadists.

Pretty damn incompetent of the current administration

American officials have been trying to understand why hard-line Islamists have received the lion’s share of the arms shipped to the Syrian opposition through the shadowy pipeline with roots in Qatar, and, to a lesser degree, Saudi Arabia.

I know why do you?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I posted a thread about this but run with it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Pretty amazing that our president that has been suspected as a muslim is now accidentally supplying our enemies and the enemies of the Syrian people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12
reply to post by neo96

I posted a thread about this but run with it.

Link it please.
edit on 16-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetboy12

They must know who is part of this FSA. I was aware of the Al Qaeda elements weeks ago, so it's no accident these weapons are getting in the wrong hands. They know where they are going.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

With Allies like Saudi Arabia who needs Jihadists?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by neo96

With Allies like Saudi Arabia who needs Jihadists?

Really!

Saudi double dealing and we get blamed!.

I foed them on here!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
More blood on Obama's hands. I knew from the beginning of the Arab spring it would turn into an Islamist movement and Obama would be supporting them. Now we have a violent Islamist government in Egypt, funded with American taxpayer dollars and Jihadists from all over the Middle East, North Africa and Indian subcontinent flooding into Syria to topple another secular government with American arms.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The Syrian Rebels don’t have drugs! If they had a lucrative export like the Mexican cartels have Obama’d sure as hell make sure they were armed.

Seriously though, how much more backseat driving can we get from this administration? This is what you get when you have a POTUS who is more concerned with his own political career (and future UN career) than the lives of innocent people.

top topics

join