It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here is a capture on the radar image....helps with the location.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well if it is true that an ammo dump went off then surely it was guarded and no one was hurt.
It seems to me that this would have been reported immediately and there should be plenty of conformation from police and eyewitnesses on this event.

I really hope this place is guarded.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I read it's not from someone who lives in the area, which I find surprising. I wonder if someone can confirm this? It seems impossible to me that that would be true.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Reading eyewitness accounts, so little matches up with the bunker explanation:

I was setting on my patio at approx. 10:25 pm last night and saw the very bright whitish light coming from the west to the east, descending. There was NO trail, NO pieces falling off, just a very bright light. I waited for a few minutes listening for some type of sound or explosion, I never heard anything. Over the years, I have seen countless falling stars and meteors, they ALL have some type of trail, this DID NOT!!!

www.ksla.com...

More:

did anyone else see the orange pulsating lights in the sky shortly after the explosion. didn't look like a bunker explosion

cover up, I know what I saw!!!

edit on 16-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is a disturbing assertion by a local:

Explain then why there are guys walking around out there right now in suits that you cant even see what they look like. bunker explosion my foot

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Here's one that is a good example that contradicts the timeline officially given by some eyewitnesses:

I was getting out of the car to go into my job at Ron-pak on dougattaway Drive in shreveport, walked in checked on the time, the time was 9:28pm walked out the door to talk to a friend looked up saw a glowing fire read ball flying over the building crossing over red river headed iin the direction of medin thought it burned out right above tre line but maybe not .

And another:

at about 10:20 last night i was standing in my back yard. what appeared to be meteor came across the sky from the west and aseem to burn out over the airforce base or beyond. i live in south bossier

So far we have approximately an hour and a half spread- 9:28 pm to 11:40 pm.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I'm originally from a small town North of Shreveport, so I just sent out an en masse Facebook inquiry to all my friends and family.
I will post any informative replies on this thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just read this local post on the news article:

I think its a cover up. Lets recap. The explosion happened around 11:30pm Monday. 10 hours later authorities "confirm it was a bunker explosion" what explains the 10 hour delay? Its hard to believe there are no emergency protocols in place for Camp Minden to communicate with authorities immediately on disaster issues. What explains the bright orange glows that multiple witness saw in the sky and above the trees moments before? Something stinks here.

I have to agree that is seems strange it took them so long to identify the cause.

It's also not a good sign that they postponed the press conference. What do they still not know?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
does anyone think that this is any way related to the explosion in russia last week? i know the one in russia had a mushroom cloud, but is it possible that some one is targeting munitions dumps and they are covering it up?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
OK. Now I'm really confused:

“Monday night at around 11:26 pm, a large explosion occurred to the southwest of Dixie Inn, in Webster Parish, approximately 4 miles southwest of Minden, or 28 miles east of Shreveport … in the borders of the Camp Minden Army ammunition plant,” the weather service said.

The Associated Press reported that at least 10 explosions rocked the bomb recycling plant in northwestern Louisiana, forcing the evacuation of at least 600 students from two schools and more than 400 prisoners from the Webster Parish jail.

The explosion was the second in recent weeks at Camp Minden, the former Louisiana Army Ammunition Plant that produced large-caliber ammunition for the military until it closed in 1994. Louisiana took the site over from the federal government last year and it is now occupied by several businesses. The Louisiana National Guard oversees the camp.

The National Weather Service captured images of the staggering explosion on its Doppler Radar system, explains a report posted online. “Based on radar analysis, the plume was initially as high as almost 7,200 feet above ground level.”

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

10 explosions?

And they reached 7,200 feet above ground level??? That's some serious mojo.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If true

saw the very bright whitish light coming from the west to the east, descending. There was NO trail, NO pieces falling off, just a very bright light. I waited for a few minutes listening for some type of sound or explosion, I never heard anything

and the long term radar data then this seems to be something quite odd unless it crashed into the Earth to create a dust cloud.

Maybe it hit the bunker and no one wants to admit that fact. Strange stuff...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Another thing...

If there was an evacuation of at least 600 students from two schools and more than 400 prisoners from the Webster Parish jail, why haven't those reports been made by the local media or local authorities???

How does this news make into the national media first?

Really strange.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
OK. Now I'm really confused:

...forcing the evacuation of at least 600 students from two schools...

10 explosions?

And they reached 7,200 feet above ground level??? That's some serious mojo.

I am also concerned with what those kids were doing in school at 11:30 p..m.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Ulyeney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulyeney

I'm assuming they meant today....now.

Btw, here's another eyewitness account:

I saw the meteor/missile/space junk over Longview last night. I saw it well before 11:30. It was to the north of Longview headed east about 10:30. It was a good sized fireball with a tail.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

This screams cover up now that Fox News is involved.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
As dull as it might be, the meteor and explosion might be two separate events with no connection.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Found some 3-D imagiang of the "object"

AccuWeather's Jesse Ferrell pulled some 3D radar images from GRLevelX software this morning of the "mystery object." Above is a 3D image with the lower reflectivity colors transparent so you can see the most dense part of the object.

Here's the same with the 25dBZ reflectivity level outlined (meaning that the "hollow" part is >25dBZ).

Remember we're using the software to "smooth" the data here. The actual data looks like this:

More at the link: www.accuweather.com

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ulyeney

Well, I can't find the Associated Press report referenced in the FOX news account.

The reported facts are all over the place.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Whatever it was, it was BIG! I live in Bossier City and saw my patio door move around like there was a huge drop in pressure or something. The neighborhood dogs went crazy.

Off topic: Signals.... Bring me a beer man! lol

MOTF!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Would that be consistent with a ground source explosion?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join