It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So why is the DHS issuing a "Burn Ban" ?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
Last week the Russian Arsenal explosion, HUGE, blamed on a cigarette.

Now the one in Lousiana...HUGE, blamed on a meteor???

Hmm.... How about High Tech strike made to look like natural disaster (guided meteor) or man made disaster (high explosive cigarette)

It does stink and apparently to the high heavens as the explosion plume reached "miles" into the atmosphere.

ohh and this small one:
Last night Hunstville, Alabama USA arsenal explosion, www.wsfa.com...

Yes, and I'm thinking its probably far worse, in that this is most likely depleted uranium weaponry and the nano dust those combustions would be horrible for everyone in that area, and even the country, and even the planet. They travel and bond to the atmosphere.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
All I know is I read there was a munitions bunkers there or something like that.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
so..a massive explosion occurs in an underground bunker
rattles windows for miles around
yet leaves no hole in the ground at all
knocks a train of the rails, yet leaves the tree's alone.
very curious

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So the train was just rail cars sitting near the site. No engines. If it was moving would not the dispatchers wonder why their train stopped?

A moving train could have used as a trigger for the explosion.
edit on 10/17/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by absente

I had read that the ban was issued because of natural gas seeping from the ground near the lake.

Don't ask me where I read it now, it could have even been in a link from this thread.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
So has anyone been able to tell which direction the blast came from? It looks like it was from west to east and if that's the case then it goes right in line with all the witness accounts that saw this "object"...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ooahn

Thanks for the heads up about flashearth. I never used it before, but I can tell you that it is not updated daily. I just checked on some things in my local area, and they have images up that are at least 6 months old.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I´ve read all the comments so far and I really think that´s something is being covered up here. Going through the various links to MSM reports of the incidents, witness reports are completely ignored and the various pictures and videos of the "explosion site" are not convincing me that I´m viewing a bunker that exploded the way the sherrif said it was supposed to work. He stated that the bunker will propel debris upwards and not sidewards, but then where is the hole in the ground that would surely be left behind? Why are the trees standing right next to this site still standing when windows where blown out over 10 miles away?

It´s just doesn´t add up!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Huh, lot of bunkers blowing up lately......like the two in Russia

March 2012 - Brazzaville, Republic of Congo: Explosion caused by short-circuit at arms depot kills 240 people
July 2011 - Cyprus: Naval base munitions dump blast kills 12 including naval commander
March 2011- Yemen: 150 people die when explosion destroys a munitions factory crowded with looters
March 2008 - Albania: 21 people killed and 400 homes destroyed at depot near Tirana, where officials were disposing of Communist-era ammunition

one or two yes and who knows what goes on behind the fried rice curtain....

who's running the health and safety at these sites..

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by powersmoke

Originally posted by paratus

Missile originating from Gulf of California, shot down from Fort Bliss, downed in LA...

Killeen Texas is right in line with the LA incident and Washington DC too...
edit on 16-10-2012 by paratus because: (no reason given)

Dude--we are not even close to being "in line" w DC..
Secondary--we have one of the largest tactical nuke arsenals in the country here, less than 30 miles from where this happened... Really?? Some sort of ICBM was flying croos country and was shot down BY FT BLISS(!!!) and made it here without any sort of alert or scramble at Barksdale?? Not a chance in hell....

first: Pull up goggle maps and you can make "any" north eastern city "in line" with you and the Gulf of California, just speculating due to sightings and maps. Geez calm down angry elf.

secondly ICBM? Do you know what that is?

thirdly: You think you can scramble bombers or an occasional A-10 (slow) to intercept sea to land missile?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm going to get in trouble for this, I feel it in my gut, but here goes - does anyone know where the 2nd X-37B is? One of them is currently at Cape Canaveral awaiting launch on October 25, 2012 www.placesaroundflorida.com...
but, Google isn't my friend today, and I am wondering, just wondering...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
pause at 1:23..
www.ksla.com...

now go have a look at the Lockerbie crescent crash site pics on google...

for me if it was a bunker explosion that went up as the cloud suggested, why would the earth be pushed out in what appears to be high berms to the left and to the right, like it has been pushed with earth moving equipment...something not right about that picture....

very much like a impact crater from something that's nosedived from a shallow angle to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Coming in from KSLA a little over an hour ago...

MINDEN, La. (AP) - A state police spokesman says nighttime fog and moisture in the ground were 2 of the reasons why it took a while for authorities to confirm the source of an explosion that rattled Webster Parish.

That blast happened late Monday in an underground bunker at Explo Systems Inc, at the Camp Minden industrial site.

State police Troop G spokesman Matt Harris said an investigation by the hazardous materials unit is under way. As for why no one could confirm the source of the blast until early Tuesday, Harris said in The Times of Shreveport (http://(link tracking not allowed)/WmTymj ) that the blast site was not easily visible due to darkness and fog. He added that moisture in the ground because of recent rains allowed the explosives to burn out quickly.

But before, the firemen were putting out hotspots, now the moisture and dark made it hard to see the fires since they were put out BY that moisture... These damn stories don't even sound like the others, they're all different.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

I've seen some of the bunkers first hand at Camp Minden. The "roof" sits about 6-7 feet above ground, covered with soil and grass...Not sure how deep they are.

That could explain why we don't see a big hole in the ground.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

From an emergency services perspective, it does make sense that they would have waited until morning to investigate. You want to make sure the scene is safe before you send in your firemen. Ther could have been more explosions that might have killed or injured them. You just don't know in the dark, in the woods.

On the other hand, it seems odd that they would not have evacuated the boys at the youth offernders' program, just in case.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The more I look into this and see the picture and video along with the bing map coords that I posted last night showing train cars inside the bunker areas just sitting idle, the more I can see the bunker explosion coming together. We used to play in bunkers like that over near the decommissioned Chenault air base in Lake Charles LA. those were at ground level. They didn't go down at all.
They are big concrete structures covered in dirt. The weakest point is the roof as it is the thinnest and I would say the next weakest would be the door on the front of the bunker. If you look at the still picture, you can see the fresh clay exposed by the blast all around three sides and the front is scorched from the blast where the blast was less contained and shot out laterally along the ground while the earth structure forced the blast upward on the other sides. The train cars were most likely just sitting there, if it was as it is in the bing images. They were most likely derailed by the force of the dirt that was displaced from the blast and not the actual blast shockwave itself. That's alot like us using sand mortars to blow out doors and walls in the movies. We use a small charge to propel a tube filled with sand that carries more force with it to push objects around. It's much more effective than simply using a shockwave. If we used the shockwave alone, we'd have to build a charge so big that it would be unsafe for anyone in the area and have no where near the precision we require.
I still call shenanigans though. Something doesn't jive.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Found another video. This one is on a news site, so you'll have to visit the page.

ktbs.com

At about 1:15 in the report states that 1,000s saw a 2,000 foot smoke plume & that is followed by a guy giving a description of what he saw.

The reporter later states (near the end) that the sheriff said that they have so many bunkers it is hard to keep track of them and the site "got over looked".

Worst excuse ever!!!

Also another thing that is bugging me. They allow hunting at Camp Minden (with over night accommodation). So take in to account you have the "boot camp" for kids, a prison, hunters and anyone else staying there that night and no one realized that an explosion happened within (spitballing here) 3 miles from them when windows on Main Street in Minden had their windows blown out (about 6 miles away).

Had to be the most magical blast ever, 1,000s saw a smoke plume but those within a 3 mile area saw nothing!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Stevie777

I've seen some of the bunkers first hand at Camp Minden. The "roof" sits about 6-7 feet above ground, covered with soil and grass...Not sure how deep they are.

That could explain why we don't see a big hole in the ground.

Could explain why the earth is pushed up high left and right and towards the Train which appears to have been stationary at the time...The force of the blast seems to be more of a upwards and outward direction towards the train side.....the burnt area to the rear appears to me less effected by the force of the blast..mostly fire damaged as this could have been the entrance or exit to the bunker...

I'm not a expert on explosions by any manner of means, but i understand basic physics and i know how some stuff works ...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My next question is "what was on that train" and "who might want it destroyed?"

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join