It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

This one.

thewatchers.adorraeli.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 16-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by p4rs3C

I see what your talking about and after watching the video it looks more like something crashed there to me.
How can a bunker explode like this and no one knew what caused this to happen until 8 am???

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So.......

1. Something bright and coloured streaks across the sky - multiple eyewitnesses from various vantage points.
2. 3 explosions 10mins apart ensue.
3. Plume @ 7000ft.
4. Law enforcement and fire fighters prohibited from entering the "scene"
5. Media black-out for 7-10 hours.
6. Eyewitness testimony getting buried by MSM.
7. Official pics showing debris field not in keeping with eyewitness testimony.
8. Similar incidence in Russia and the the US recently.

Hmmmm............sounds like another weather balloon.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I suppose that trains are left parked unattended in front of ammunition dumps and that is why the railroad commission failed to report this incident to the local police as policy states.
Also an ammo dump was left unguarded was must have been abandoned and that is why that no one there followed procedure and contacted the railway commission and the local police.

I thought homeland security was created to ensure communication on these matters.

It all makes perfect sense now.

I'm feeling real safe about the unguarded bunker full of ammunition right about now...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Wonder if the area was checked for radiation? Who knows what was inside the place or what someone tried to do there.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

you deserve more stars. I got a chuckle when I read the post about it being the Russians...then I thought, if I were the Russians I would want to send the strongest of messages without crossing the line of killing people. Taking out a target just 30 miles away from a major nuke base certainly accomplishes that goal.
Now I'm not saying I think this scenario is even remotely likely but if the Russians wanted to, I don't think it would be too hard for them to do. Launch a missile from a sub. I believe we had more time to react to what was happening on 9/11 then the length of time a sub missile takes to hit a target in the U.S.....so I believe there would be no issue with us being caught with our pants down here.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
How long will it take for an 'official' cover for this?

It's probably human error, like usual.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
None of the locals are accepting this as a bunker explosion. Also, reports from People stationed at camp minor said no integrity issue at bunker. Something fell at high speed and impacted. Military was doing repeated fly overs apparently searching for something. Sounds like the military is so proficient at this an due to obvious misinformation going out that whatever did happen is already ruled deep in the crevices of secret govt research bunkers the true story will never see the light of day.

Funny I was reading the comments or arguments rather from some govt apologizer. Yeah it was the bunker exploding to door open kicking dirt up like a mushroom cloud. Then some mentions seeing the flash and streaking in the air right over town. He's like yeah that was happening too completely unrelated seperate incident.

Oh if you ask him nicely he might have one of Saddams nukes to sell you too.

m.facebook.com...#!/162752382574/timeline/story?ut=2&hash=1163844240447916554&wstart=1349074800&wend=1351753199&ustart& __user=1545223533

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Something just dawned on me tonight. I-20 runs right beside the plant. Clearly thousands of people would have seen the "explosion" and 7000 foot smoke cloud. Why is it that we haven't heard any of these people come forward? A boom with enough force to shatter windows in downtown minden surely would have caused some traffic issues on the interstate.

We have a member here saying he was at the plant after this explosion happened and saw nothing. I have no reason to believe he would lie and the confusion between official agencies doesn't look much better.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
3-D Radar of Mystery Object That Hit Louisiana

Click for more info about the picture Source

AND

Additional Info: National Weather Service Public Statement
edit on 16-10-2012 by Staroth because: more cowbell

AND

see what the people are saying here KTBS 3 News Facebook
edit on 16-10-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

Just so that I understand correctly, this radar image is of the resultant smoke plume after the event and not the mystery object BEFORE impact, right?!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

We are a small state, but, these two events are still roughly four hours apart driving time.
just an FYI.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I think we can rule out a bunker explosion due to:
The amount of time taken to report it - 7 freaking hours??! ("we cuddint fine no 'sploded bildin's at fust")
Shockwave strong enough to break windows miles away leaves no one injured at the worksite?

The pictures look nothing like an exploded munitions bunkers to me. In fact, it reminds me of the flight 93 wreck site they kept showing on 9/11.
Plume on radar doesn't match up with munitions site.

That only leaves a hundred other possible explanations but this is weird with a capital "W".

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

When I looked at that picture I thought the same thing. And it just doesn't look right. Why isn't that train totally buried in debri, and just question after question I have.

Just wanted to add a question. Isn't there a nuclear power plant just North of this location?
edit on 17-10-2012 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Literally hundreds spotted what they thought was a green meteorite chased by sparks before the explosion. To me the train seems like over kill. How could a train derail yet no one know until morning?

The notion that the explosions source could not located is BS pure and simple. The train operator would have made it instant news and it would have been all over everyones scanners!

edit on 17-10-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I think we can rule out a bunker explosion due to:
The amount of time taken to report it - 7 freaking hours??! ("we cuddint fine no 'sploded bildin's at fust")
Shockwave strong enough to break windows miles away leaves no one injured at the worksite?

The pictures look nothing like an exploded munitions bunkers to me. In fact, it reminds me of the flight 93 wreck site they kept showing on 9/11.
Plume on radar doesn't match up with munitions site.

That only leaves a hundred other possible explanations but this is weird with a capital "W".

I thought the exact same thing about it looking like the flight 93 wreck site!!!! I think there are some people that believe the 93 site was a missile...which would give the Russian Missile theory poster some encouragement....I still can't wrap my rational mind around that theory but just because it doesn't fit into my world view doesn't give me license to mock the idea.
.....now what is this about the plume on radar not matching up with the munitions site? If that were true, could be proven, then how could there be any debate about what did or didn't happen?
....I can't believe I am going to say this...but....what if the plume or radar image at 7,000 feet was caused by two ballistic projectiles coming into contact with each other....OK!.....I mean what if the west bound object was the Russian missle and the East bound object was the Anti-missile? They would probably meet some where near but not directly over the munitions bunker......once again, before I lose any cred, I am not saying at all that I subscibe to this theory. I don't. I'm just rifting here.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I did some poking around on bing maps and found that the trains are just sitting there. They look like they are spur rails that service the bunkers.

These are the coordinates of the bing map image: 32.557992, -93.351148

ETA: The coordinates aren't the particular bunkers, I just picked one that had a track in similar proximity to the bunker in the flyover pic.
edit on 17-10-2012 by wirefly because: Because... That's why.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I did some poking around on bing maps and found that the trains are just sitting there. They look like they are spur rails that service the bunkers.

These are the coordinates of the bing map image: 32.557992, -93.351148

Oh well that makes since then. I guess the meteorite is just coincidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So, a meteorite hits the planet, and it's barely talked about? Whats up with that? I would have expected something like this to be detected and talked about everywhere, what gives
crazy stuff though, I would have hated to be there and hearing just explosions out of no where.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm just wondering if this event is visible in the earthquake monitoring sites. I have seen many reports like:

...WERE AWOKEN BY THE EVENT TO WHAT FELT LIKE AN EARTHQUAKE.

So if the impact/explosion/whatever was so huge that it was felt over such a wide area shouldn't it be recorded an all these hypersensitive seismos? And if it was recorded on the seismos it should be possible to pinpoint the location and type of event as each event will result in a different wave form recorded.

Maybe this is a start to look at: Seismo in Vicksburg

And a strange looking seismo in Nacogdoches, Texas

(Sorry, I'm not sure where the event happened exactly as I'm not living in the US as stiull have problems with the location of all the states)

edit on 17-10-2012 by UnixFE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join