It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You had DISCOVERED OR DEVELOPED something WORLD CHANGING...would you tell anyone on this Board?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If anyone that is following this thread hasn't seen this video, maybe you should take a look at it. It follows your thought of why would they.
Don't be mislead by the scientific beginning. Further into it you will see my meaning.
Enjoy. (www.thrivemovement.com).
Later.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
First rule, if you know something that you don't want someone else to know. Tell no one. Ever! Not your family, best friend, or spouse. This goes double if it is potentially dangerous. I personally think that WORLD CHANGING falls into that category.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I would have it developed in backyard garages involving many many people who can replicate it and release it OPEN SOURCE, so no one could bury it, and then tell the world.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's how it would go down:
  1. Assemble all the technical data on the device.
  2. Make sure I had some sort of patent protection.
  3. Create an IP-accessed web site (dark web) to expose the information.
  4. Create a zip file capable of being distributed privately.
  5. Light up the site by invoking a domain name.
  6. Break the story on ATS.
  7. Start spreading the word, via podcast, interviews, and social media.
The patent is needed for protection; the web site for promotion; the zip file as a backup. But yeah, after taking the necessary steps I would break the news right here.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If I did I would have to tell because it's against the law to lie.
Also as one finds out in life, a lie can keep on going and never stop once started.
And you keep on bumping into it like "you said free energy but its not" will be brought
up from time to time.

I think Tesla and a Mr. Lyne found a few things worthwhile to mankind and are well
known and funded to a small extent. Well certain things Tesla are greatly funded.
If you have a pension for alien stories the CIA alien story branch might hire you.
Actually the Tesla tribe funds many things unTesla just to keep hidden the free energy
they already developed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

they don't want you taking a part your expensive solar panel and seeing how it works, but if this were more common knowledge, this in itself would be a revolution.

Tech knowledge is king and even Sun panel technology has its secrets.
When these new development starts up the basic knowledge is spread to the masses.
In some cases agents look for the best design and contrive to capture the patent.

I think one design base might be a sealed type of K capture for electrical based panels.
Due to radiation this type can only be used in outer space.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I've developed a system where nothing has monetary value.

If you like TVs, work in a factory for free.
If you like Cadillacs, work on the assembly line for free.
If you like broccoli, work on a broccoli farm for free.
If you want to protect lives, be a cop, firefighter, doctor, paramedic, or soldier for free.
If you value education, be a teacher for free.
If you value justice, be a lawyer or judge for free.
If you're an inventor or scientist, give away your discoveries for free.

The list is endless, and interconnected...

Of course, humanity as a whole isn't ready for this.
We'd rather be slaves to money and pass on endless debt to our 2.5 kids.

There is no better tomorrow when money and lust rules all.
We are a sad race of creatures, barely a step above dogs.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Im not a truly altruistic person or anything and generally do things for my own reasons or as the wild hair of the day dictates.. . but yes. If I had something that would help many, Id give it away to everyone. Some folks cant be bought and knowledge/information is NOT a commodity.. should be shared freely.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
First rule, if you know something that you don't want someone else to know. Tell no one. Ever! Not your family, best friend, or spouse. This goes double if it is potentially dangerous. I personally think that WORLD CHANGING falls into that category.

HERE WE GO! Now here is some good advice...but tough advice...but GOOD ADVICE!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I would spill the beans... on ATS... in exchange for... one THOUSAND ATS Points.

Excuse me...apparently that's not a lot these days... one BILLION ATS points.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If I developed something like this, Yes, I would tell ATS and post it in complete form on every forum I could.

Consider the Electronic Cigarette. Developed in China as a means to help people quit smoking, the simplicity and elegance of these devices are such that you can totally make one out of house hold materials from scratch you can buy at any hardware store - including the atomizer - the part that's a tiny heating element that vaporizes the liquid flavored nicotine. ( search the net or electronic cigarette forums for free DIY plans)

Even all the liquid components In the USA at least can be purchased to make the "e-juice". I know, I mix my own from USP grade nicotine, vegetable glycerin and FDA approved flavorings. All legal and easily purchased.

When the FDA started to fight E-cigs several years ago, people set out to make their own - and sell them. The market was flooded with these DIY e-cigs or Mods. Now e-cigs and mods are so common place, even if the Gov said tomorrow they were banned, you can still get the stuff to make one yourself as all these parts and ingredients are legal in other industries.

This is what can and will happen if someone posts the plans for such a device you speak of assuming like the e-cig, it really does work and work well enough that people want and need the product.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think you are not getting the Heart of my question. My question is trying to reflect the DANGERS of having a WORLD CHANGING DEVICE OR METHOD...SQUASHED, STOLEN, BOUGHT OUT or have someone come right to your door and put one in your head and two in your Heart just to make your product or idea go away.

Under those possible scenario's....would you still post it here?
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would open source the entire thing, thus no need for patent, or ownership for it would belong forever to the people, forever, and it would be duplicated like cells in numerous towns and places, and teens having developed it, never forgotten, always known learnt hands on skills and would most definitely publish it, in the open, in their faces laugh and cheer them. I don't hide, don't pretend, but would make it belong to everyone.

And if I won lots of money, would take all their patents, and produce them in garages, and make sure everyone knew how to create the most useful designs for home use, DON"T BUY FROM ANYONE. IN their face, in the open.

They are ultimate evil and you never compromise with them. ON sight would be forced to perform a citizens arrest for people who make Bram Stokers Dracula look like a mosquito and anyone working for them is dripping with the blood of innocents and children. IN THEIR FACES.

But OPEN SOURCE IS FREEDOM.

In fact I declare all the things they've patented OPEN SOURCED for all their usary and patents are massive crimes against humanity.

edit on 20-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ha!

I did tell as many people on this board as I could, and even gave free copies of the published book (all 365 pages worth) to dozens of them in exchange for their critiques of the logic and the progressive ramification structure, and what I got was a huge yawn and a warning about trying to market the book here.

What I have
  • Debunks the traditional "All" god or goddess or universal consciousness
  • Reveals the instant of existential genesis - how and why it happened
  • Details exactly what drives and influences progressive development within the material realm
  • Explains the line of demarcation between the human being and everything else that exists
  • Reveals why the human being inherently embraces its own eternal survival as a visceral certainty
  • Opens the door to a brand new approach to scientific and technological research that will eventually revolutionize everything from medicine to energy production
  • Debunks reincarnation, heaven, hell, demons, angels, and the materialist view of literal oblivion following corporeal human death
  • Explains what particles, and the material realm actually consists of
  • Explains why natural law exists, and how it develops
  • Reveals what's behind all irrefutable paranormal evidence and phenomena, including crop circles

and I've been offering it up - in whole and in part - for three years now on this board. And to date, there's been literally no interest whatsoever.

I think that people have no real interest in learning something unless it verifies or backs up what they have already decided to be true. In fact, it's been my experience that most people will become agitated when presented with anything that can't be dismissed if it clashes with their own beliefs.

What I have completely upends the definition of reality for the only reality defining entity that exists on this planet, so it is the epitome of a world changing development/discovery. I'm proof that you won't affect anything by telling anyone on this board about such a breakthrough. Revealing it here is like throwing a needle into a tub of needles. No one actually is here to do anything but promote their own ideas, and seek validity for those ideas that they already have.

edit on 10/20/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think you are not getting the Heart of my question. My question is trying to reflect the DANGERS of having a WORLD CHANGING DEVICE OR METHOD...SQUASHED, STOLEN, BOUGHT OUT or have someone come right to your door and put one in your head and two in your Heart just to make your product or idea go away.

Under those possible scenario's....would you still post it here?
Split Infinity

I thought I was answering that. The e-cig in my example is life changing, and it tried to be squashed by the FDA. But lets say it's a Free Energy device or something like an simple home process that can turn a regular 20 gig USB stick into a 2 terabyte drive. If I thought the idea could get me killed, I would still release it to the public. To run the risk that the public will never get this technology otherwise is too great. Even if it still killed me, once out in the public domain the technology could start a chain reaction, a paradigm shift that will help save humanity from enslavement. I don't think any right thinking individual can ignore that.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Truly world-changing (if applied) things HAVE been revealed here, albeit not necessarily "invented" or even "discovered" by the poster(s).
But - luckily, I suppose - it takes one to know one.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Ha!

I did tell as many people on this board as I could, and even gave free copies of the published book (all 365 pages worth) to dozens of them in exchange for their critiques of the logic and the progressive ramification structure, and what I got was a huge yawn and a warning about trying to market the book here.

What I have
  • Debunks the traditional "All" god or goddess or universal consciousness
  • Reveals the instant of existential genesis - how and why it happened
  • Details exactly what drives and influences progressive development within the material realm
  • Explains the line of demarcation between the human being and everything else that exists
  • Reveals why the human being inherently embraces its own eternal survival as a visceral certainty
  • Opens the door to a brand new approach to scientific and technological research that will eventually revolutionize everything from medicine to energy production
  • Debunks reincarnation, heaven, hell, demons, angels, and the materialist view of literal oblivion following corporeal human death
  • Explains what particles, and the material realm actually consists of
  • Explains why natural law exists, and how it develops
  • Reveals what's behind all irrefutable paranormal evidence and phenomena, including crop circles

and I've been offering it up - in whole and in part - for three years now on this board. And to date, there's been literally no interest whatsoever.

I think that people have no real interest in learning something unless it verifies or backs up what they have already decided to be true. In fact, it's been my experience that most people will become agitated when presented with anything that can't be dismissed if it clashes with their own beliefs.

What I have completely upends the definition of reality for the only reality defining entity that exists on this planet, so it is the epitome of a world changing development/discovery. I'm proof that you won't affect anything by telling anyone on this board about such a breakthrough. Revealing it here is like throwing a needle into a tub of needles. No one actually is here to do anything but promote their own ideas, and seek validity for those ideas that they already have.

edit on 10/20/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

I would like a free copy or at least a deeper explanation of whats behind all paranormal experiences. Its always a pleasure to read your posts NorEaster.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
In reply to your thread title i would say yes. The problem is trying to figure out who would even begin to take you seriously.
Someone who has made certain discoveries or perhaps has made a certain find or has an important piece, peaces to add or simple an alternative way at looking at it.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Of course.

Proof of time and date of discovery could be an overiding factor in the future; ATS has time and date stamps on posts and e-mails.

Just because you discovered or developed something world changing, doesn't mean that your going to tell people on ATS exactly how its put together or done; but telling them about your discovery or what you developed is not unreasonable and is in fact important for the discoverer/developer.

Its the same with YouTube, and there are people on ATS that have made amazing discoveries and developements that are world changing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join