It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I've decided to join ATS after searching for a community where I can let my particular freak flags fly and not receive the embarrassed silences that I get from people in the space normal world. To be honest, I'm about as freaky as a glass of warm milk, but I happen to be cursed/blessed with the ability to question everything and see things from multiple perspectives, and that makes me seem weird and crazy to people. Meanwhile, I look at the pure horse manure being shoveled at us in the media and I think, "Are you kidding me? Really? People actually believe that?"

The illusion is so complete, the system so deeply entrenched, I almost want to give up. It's been 10 years since I was awakened, and I don't think I've convinced a single person to change their views. People are comfortable with their chains. I finally did get one guy to admit I might be right, but then he said, "People don't care about that stuff. They care about putting food on the table."

Well, if I'm right about "this stuff," within a few years, they won't be able to put food on the table. And they will never know why. It will just be one of those things that happens, one of those things you read about in the history books, one of those periods of trouble that will bore students 500 years from now. But something compels me to think and talk about this stuff. Maybe I didn't get enough attention as a child. Maybe I'm not much in the eyes of the world, so I need to believe I have some kind of special, secret knowledge to bolster my self-esteem.

I have no secret knowledge; I am not an insider, nor have I stumbled onto anything that no one on this website has never read or thought of before. I am not Neo. I am no one special. I am not the one who will save us. But maybe, just maybe, I can post a thought sometime that sparks an idea, that when combined with other ideas from other people, leads to a theory that grows into a belief and eventually becomes part of the manifesto that the right person reads at a crucial moment and brings us another step forward in the long journey of our enlightenment.

Fingers crossed.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Welcome and I'm sure you'll bring some good views and insight!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Dear Snsoc,

Welcome to ATS, add to the conversation as you see fit, everyone's life and thoughts has some value and you won't know what it was until it is over. You also cannot tell what the future brings, it could be that someday the people who rejected what you told them finally catch on and come back to you to thank you.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Welcome Snsoc...

Great F'ing intro.

Look forward to your posts.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

Snsoc, Welcome to the ATS Family. I like your intro, you seem like one of us right from the start. Hope that doesn't scare you....

I look forward to meeting you in the forums. Enjoy the ride.....

Des

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Welcome aboard.
I seldom bother to welcome newbies,but there is a reason for everything. Maybe I was to direct you to this site,maybe you have already seen it. In any case what I have gathered of your thought process this should be of interest to you. (www.thrivemovement.com) and remember to pass it on.
Later.

In case the beginning of this flick is somewhat scientifically boring to you, you should continue to view it or you will miss out on your way of thinking.

edit on 10/16/12 by Suohhen because: Didn't want you to miss the best part.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Welcome Snsoc

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on the ride with you. So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

top topics

join