It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Freedom of choice is the Power of insanity !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
We find ourself in a world where we grow into young adults where our initiation into the adult system is marked symbolically by access granted to the keys of Dads car. Not coincidently this event also signifies our initiation into the world of exercising free choice.

This unique right and priviledge and which forces the door closure on our childhood forever.
For many of us this is our initiation process into a social system that demands of us to act responsibly.

This system with all its neat but eloquent legal and social laws; and rules forming the framework of a structure in which we will spend our lifes. The privaledge to walk without a guardian anymore based on and measured by our personal acts of volition .

Now lets pause here and examine the effects of the free choice on the world.
Dont we observe a constitution of convolution everyday? Contradictions, fights, bickering, back flipping. Someone observing us from above may think where a race of back flipping, back stabbing ninja turtles.
Doesnt this phenomena deserve a rationale explanation?.

What creator in their right mind would set the realityverse up to function like this. Can someone please explain to me why?

My contention is The Freedom of choice is the Power of insanity. Am i correct?
Or am i overlooking something here because im looking at it all back to front; and therefore not seeing the true picture.

Like for example is it possible reality is somehow broken, just like a machine breaks down and malfunctions? Mabey this is not the normal condition on other planets in the universe that hold intelligent life?

If so is humans only hope of true ascension to eliminate this insanity by fixing whats broken? Doesnt this mean as a race need to unite togther and eliminate the power of free choice?

Whats your opinions?

edit on 15-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Freedom is an illusion. A distortion of the concept of what is socially acceptable. Freedom, in it's true sense, is anarchy - and anarchy is antithetical to a society. We are free, in reality, to do only what those around us are willing to let us do. Thus, I am free to go on a crime spree of any kind - but society will curtail and punish me eventually.

Choice is another illusion. It is simply the exercise of personal preference. Again, subject to societal restraints. I can choose to do whatever I please - as long as it does not upset the people around me to a point where they seek to stop me from doing so.

Thus, what you are actually getting at is the line between self and society. Where to find the balance between our own urges, preferences, and the urges, preferences, and choices of others. A level of mutually beneficial compromise where all have a similar level to express and similar restrictions placed upon their behavior.

Seeking a world where everyone would agree on everything? Boring and unrealistic. Natural selection favors diversity - progress does as well. For all the troubles our differences bring us, they are also our greatest asset. The price of that asset it disagreement and division to a degree.

The problem today is not that we disagree, it's that people have learned how to abuse that fact and to manufacture dissent and disagreement. They can manipulate it, like a weapon, deliberately and with effect.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Would you agree then that the current system of the Hegelian dialectic is causing mass psychosis?

People's urges are fighting to overthrow the societal boundaries and burst forth with anarchical ardour. I see a lot of people where I live frustrated that they can never act how they want to or speak as they'd wish to; though they'll never admit it, it shows on their faces and in their micro-expressions. They're always pent up and nervous, like they don't know what to do.

Maybe the 'self control' system that the TPTB implemented for control has switched to 'fully auto' think, dangerous indeed. People will replace their personal ambition and thought to that of complete and utter 'group think'. Maybe it was by design by some higher power or intelligence.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

I think that an overemphasis upon the individual is currently causing a mass psychosis, to be sure. We've gotten too controlling for all of the wrong reasons. Society no longer simply keeps the individual from harming it - but now, as a culture, we want society to be unable to harm or inhibit the individual as well.

That is contradictory and therefore flawed.

People are becoming too self-absorbed and are failing to control their own behaviors - feeling a justification of self and expecting society to compromise on the "agreement" and tipping the balance the wrong way.

When I was a kid, for example, we had bullies. The difference between then and now? They didn't end up on the national news. They just bullied until somebody came along capable of bullying them.

In short, people lately seem to want all of the benefits of a society but none of the responsibilities required to make a society work. They want their cake and to eat it too.

Absolute freedom does still exist. One simply need go Northwest, into the woods, and keep going until there are no people around. Pure freedom. No power, water, cable TV, Internet, or McDonalds. But there is freedom.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
We find ourself in a world where we grow into young adults where our initiation into the adult system is marked symbolically by access granted to the keys of Dads car. Not coincidently this event also signifies our initiation into the world of exercising free choice.

This unique right and priviledge and which forces the door closure on our childhood forever.
For many of us this is our initiation process into a social system that demands of us to act responsibly.

This system with all its neat but eloquent legal and social laws; and rules forming the framework of a structure in which we will spend our lifes. The privaledge to walk without a guardian anymore based on and measured by our personal acts of volition .

Now lets pause here and examine the effects of the free choice on the world.
Dont we observe a constitution of convolution everyday? Contradictions, fights, bickering, back flipping. Someone observing us from above may think where a race of back flipping, back stabbing ninja turtles.
Doesnt this phenomena deserve a rationale explanation?.

What creator in their right mind would set the realityverse up to function like this. Can someone please explain to me why?

My contention is The Freedom of choice is the Power of insanity. Am i correct?
Or am i overlooking something here because im looking at it all back to front; and therefore not seeing the true picture.

Like for example is it possible reality is somehow broken, just like a machine breaks down and malfunctions? Mabey this is not the normal condition on other planets in the universe that hold intelligent life?

If so is humans only hope of true ascension to eliminate this insanity by fixing whats broken? Doesnt this mean as a race need to unite togther and eliminate the power of free choice?

Whats your opinions?

edit on 15-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The freedom of choice is exactly that...the freedom of choice...to choose insanity or to choose responsibility...

It is not a broken system, by any means...it however requires the 'grown-up' incarnation to choose personal responsibility over chaos of action...

All brought to you by a Source, willing to allow you the freedom exercise either way, for as long as it takes you (proviso is of course that, for a given set of incarnated/unincarnated [at this time] units, the cycle does go round, and at some point ends and begins again anew, with the 'leftover' units...to do it all again - but properly this time hopefully)...

The freedom to not choose insanity must be a group decision...as all 'movements' are...

Eliminating freedom of choice, eliminates responsibility...NULL GAME...

A99

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Ha! Thanks for the sobering reply. You always know what to say to spark a healthy thought process it seems. I'd agree with you if only our woods weren't filled with miscreants also. It's where the 'chavs' live, apparently.

I would of thought that the power behind this, whoever or whatever it is, would have that covered. I remember reading about a law that was being thought up at the time (I can't remember the name, so I wont guess) that made all natural land illegal for occupants without a permit. This coupled with the food and aggro corps attempt to patent seeds and life itself. There was also a grab for the water supply to, as well as rain water....

I guess my real point is this - If we're to have any freedom, any at all, do we need to literally start again? Our current business model of profit before examination is highly inefficient and dangerous, yet it is our backbone and lifeline. How can we even start to think about a better society when most people I talk to know nothing of any import. Nothing, and that's NOT me being cynical, they don't know anything.

We could branch out and try and make it solo, but eventually (to refer to your boogeyman post) they'll end up being taught to hate us and hunt us down too anyway...... I'm getting lost here, so I digress needlessly. I merely want a perspective on a solution, any solution. One that doesn't end up with millions dead.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Joneselius

You address some very real issues. Corporate avarice, draconian laws, and, truthfully, a return to effective feudalism - though few seem to see it for what it is. Most of us stay too distracted by our own lives and ordeals to understand the workings of the whole realm.

The answers? IMO the first step is to moderate the concept of entitlement that so many are seemingly possessed of currently. We are filled with a world of "me"s and not "we"s. As long as personal greed can blind us, then larger greed can pull our strings and make us dance. The painful truth is that we want money - and that empowers those who control the flow of money. I've posted many times in the past... If we just all stopped spending for even a few days - as a united front? Those corporate interests would be falling all over themselves to give us back power and control. They would beg us to take it back. Because they know the truth... they do not feed us, we feed them. If everyone became aware of this fact at once? Change would be instant.

Such a simple thought - and such a wild dream, eh?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Thank you for your courteous and heartfelt response.

I agree with that sentiment entirely. I have often asked people the same questions where I live (I'm something of a loon apparently because I ask so many strange questions, lol) like "Have you read your money" or "You promise to pay me", as it's written on our money. Things that people don't notice control them completely. Most don't realise it until they try and buy their first house, like I'm trying to do now, or own a car. We feed the system until it screws us and spits us out next to the last 'victim' that was abused. I like to view the money system as literally what Jesus taught me, the root of every evil. A den of vipers.

Obviously there's more at play than monetary interests, I just don't know what their end goal is, it's a source of constant confusion. Do they want more power at the expense of people to have power over? Are they just psychopaths with no real direction other than the control principle? Are they guided by a higher power? These things grate at you. I can't see their endgame at all, it makes no sense to me anymore! I used to think it was power, but how can it be when the very people they work to control are all destined for death? Is it money, they have unlimited? Is it avarice, pure an simple evil? Is there even a collective goal behind it other than personal greed and pride?

I wish I was more intelligent like yourself in order to have a coherent grasp of each concept, alas it escapes me. Maybe my conditioning is complete also? I look at everything as though a group of people conspire. Maybe it is all individuals getting rich and losing their empathy..... I know one thing though, I'm glad there's people like you out there who question and don't react with hatred to us who don't know as much. Maybe one day people like you will run things, on a state level, and make it fair for us all to do well.

It seems the only thing the world is interested in at the moment is what the rest of the world isn't doing to help them.....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This is where faith comes in.. It is possible after all that the earth can and will purge itself of all people harboring negativity within their hearts. A simple magnetic switch from the core of the earth, and their life ceases. The intent in your heart is more important than you think, for it is your lifeline to your creator.

Can you visualize the earth going through an evolutionary process that allows only the purest and truest souls to live on the outer crust of the earth? Can you see how this is survival of the fittest as well as survival of the chosen? They are one in the same.

Stay positive, stay strong, you feel what you feel for a reason. Hold on to it, for when you least expect it someone or something can be interpreted as a divine sign that can restore all strength and vigor.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joneselius

Thank you for your courteous and heartfelt response.

I agree with that sentiment entirely. I have often asked people the same questions where I live (I'm something of a loon apparently because I ask so many strange questions, lol) like "Have you read your money" or "You promise to pay me", as it's written on our money. Things that people don't notice control them completely. Most don't realise it until they try and buy their first house, like I'm trying to do now, or own a car. We feed the system until it screws us and spits us out next to the last 'victim' that was abused. I like to view the money system as literally what Jesus taught me, the root of every evil. A den of vipers.

Obviously there's more at play than monetary interests, I just don't know what their end goal is, it's a source of constant confusion. Do they want more power at the expense of people to have power over? Are they just psychopaths with no real direction other than the control principle? Are they guided by a higher power? These things grate at you. I can't see their endgame at all, it makes no sense to me anymore! I used to think it was power, but how can it be when the very people they work to control are all destined for death? Is it money, they have unlimited? Is it avarice, pure an simple evil? Is there even a collective goal behind it other than personal greed and pride?

I wish I was more intelligent like yourself in order to have a coherent grasp of each concept, alas it escapes me. Maybe my conditioning is complete also? I look at everything as though a group of people conspire. Maybe it is all individuals getting rich and losing their empathy..... I know one thing though, I'm glad there's people like you out there who question and don't react with hatred to us who don't know as much. Maybe one day people like you will run things, on a state level, and make it fair for us all to do well.

It seems the only thing the world is interested in at the moment is what the rest of the world isn't doing to help them.....

Visualize a fire. A fire that consumes and burns without pattern, uncontrollably. There is no way to predict how the fire moves and eats everything it touches.

Now visualize a fire again, this time one that reponds to your thought, one that you can develop a relationship with. This is your soul. It moves in a pattern that beckons to you, yet you know it is fire.

The difference between the two.... the first soul is lost, consuming without end or direction. Reason: they have lost connection with their creator.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

Thank you, my faith in God has taken me through a lot of hard times. Though often I get laughed at being in an atheist town.

It's hard to stay positive when the only exampled you got of humanity are cursing at you or trying to hit you in the face for walking your dog. Me and my lady are constantly abused where we live, and we can't escape, thanks to money. I always turn the other cheek though I'm a boxer and weight lifter. They have no good in them it seems. It's why I'm negative sometimes. It's heartbreaking. I don't hate them, I love them and pray for them, but they hate us! Really they do. I've asked them "why do you act this way, no one has wronged you, you're good people yet all you do is cause hurt". Their response was "Fight me you nob"...... Then, when you don't fight they go after the one you love (I walk the dog with my lady) and abuse them too.... That's my breaking point... Then they RUN AWAY! Like most evil, they flee.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The Freedom of choice is the Power of insanity !!!

Hi AthlonSavage,
Very interesting topic, interesting point of view!

However, I don't see Freedom of choice as the Power of Insanity.

Freedom of Choice is the only thing that makes us unique, that's the power to add something new, it is the power to improve upon the old.
Free Choice is something very dear, something that we should learn to deal with before considering anything else.
It should never be suppressed and/or misused.
Be it our own Free Choice or any body's else.

I think that someone observing us from above, will only see a crazy irrational consume driven bunch of highly destructive beings, having faith in ugly obsoletes and over expensive plastic toxic gadgets, ignorant to their own and every thing's else nature.

The observer will see beings that are very braves to beat down the weak, quick to point the finger to the small misdeeds common in their society, but afraid and reluctant to look up for the crimes committed by the bigger ones up in the hierarchy.
The observer will have a hard time, trying to understand why we keep up with the current insane vanity trend.
Our high tech society will probably be viewed as a huge Global Self Destructing Bullies Making Machine, full of talented and short sighted drones that fail to understand the meaning and the usefulness of the right Free Choice.

In our modern way of living, many young adults often see the world of the “grown ups” as a free pass to many liberties that have been out there for many but out of the reach for too long.
A few kids see the many acts of the “grown up” as a conspiracy against them, a conspiracy to perpetuate bad habits (behaviors) and they try to give their contribution for the improvement of the society they live in. In this case, most of the time, they have to go against all the norms of the societal framework.

As bad as the case of “keys of Dads car” may be, we can easily point out at worse cases perpetrated by doctors, lawyers, teachers, bankers, politicians or anybody else that adapt their position in the framework just too well. Just because they can, and it is in the framework of the society they live in. Perfectly legal.

This Kids are just learning how to deal with our deeply flawed and skewed frameworks.
The logical approach should be a lead by good example, openness and mutual understanding.
What we have here is a conflict of misguided and natural Free Choices.

We should never try to ELIMINATE the power of Free Choice, because young adults could teach a bunch of a lot to the real adults. They form a big part of the very needed evolution process of this very same framework you're talking about.

I can tell you the case of a family father that was chemical engineer working for a big petrochemical multinational company in a small and beautiful mountain town. The engineer was a very nice and loving father, respected and admired for his knowledge and integrity.
However, his eleven years son had a completely different opinion about him.
He knew that his father used to brag about how easy was to him, to convince the environmental officers that the factory he worked for, was... “just spilling hot water” on the river (that crossed the town).
As a matter of facts, the respected and efficient “Eichmanns” (the engineer and the environmental officers) knew very well that what they were allowing to be poured in the waters was indeed highly toxic pollutants. But in the so called framework of the “social laws” it was seen as a gentlemen issue.
For the kid it was crime. A crime against him, the environment, the people that would suffer the health consequences of this act, and a crime against future generations that will have to live with the mess this generation will left behind. This kid had a hard time but never gave up his free choice.
The same goes to the daughter of a med doctor, that found unethical for her father to go to a “payed holiday workshop” in Mubarak's Egypt. All financed by a big pharmaceutical company to promote drugs that would be used for the exclusive purpose of making more money to the company, regardless of the known consequences for the patients he was supposed to treat.
Or the similar case of the university professor of sociology with a psychopath agenda...

All of this is in and out of the Framework of the Social Laws and Rules which we spend our lives, we should be able to embrace or at least welcome free choice as a gift that can always be openly discussed.
Free choice will never be eliminated, every living being has it. That's our most precious possession. One can only oppress it for some time, but not forever , it's well worth of dying for.
It's not insanity my friend. Good Free Choice is the real knowing of the Self.
it's a never ending process.

Long life to FREE CHOICE!

peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Hi ~Hef, I've been following your line of thoughts for quite some time, and you never cease to amaze me. I love your wide view spectrum!

I thing that what confuses and blinds most people, is the fact that it's very easy to confuse Free Choice with any form of nasty behavior.

Free Choice as, let's say, “per definition”, is more than something that one does just because he could do it. It's something that one is able and willing to put on the negotiation table with everyone and at any time. Free Choice can easily be identified as a right.
One is able to improve it, change or leave it alone for some time but it is not something one compromise so easily.

Once one understand the self, one understand his right to Free Choice, automatically one understand others Free Choice's right as well.
Free Choice is always confined in the limits of many others Free Choices form. Otherwise it would only be more like a wish.

If one get that, one would definitely find better words and ways to deal with the perceived “insanity” of other ones.

~Joneselius is also spot on, our distorted Rule of Law is just a manipulation tool in the hands of a few. If we would only spend 1 hr of our lives to understand the principles of Natural Law, most of our problems would be over in a blink of an eye.
Our actual Rule of Law should be new arranged and more focused at a local level.
To protect the few against the many and the many against the few.

That's a long shot... However, the simple act of recognizing beauty in other forms of self would change our lives in a miracle way... No more bullies, no more slaves, no more insanity...
And it's not Anarchy,
it is Free Will!

S+F ~Hef and Joneselius
peace

edit on 15-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2012 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
This is where faith comes in.. It is possible after all that the earth can and will purge itself of all people harboring negativity within their hearts. A simple magnetic switch from the core of the earth, and their life ceases. The intent in your heart is more important than you think, for it is your lifeline to your creator.

I hope we will not wait that long... But it's true!

Stay positive, stay strong, you feel what you feel for a reason. Hold on to it, for when you least expect it someone or something can be interpreted as a divine sign that can restore all strength and vigor.

Yeah, that's the way to go. Hold your ground and never forget who you really are.
Have faith and pay attention to the call of the times.

new topics

top topics

join