It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any antique bottle appraisers here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
My daughter has a bottle that I can't find anywhere online. There is one site listing the name on the bottle, but this site requires a charge card just to look at antiques prices - smells like a scam to me.

Can anyone tell me anything about this Pinebev bottle?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

apparently it's from around 1925

This bottle stands 4 ½ inches tall. The base is concave and embossed: PHLIPPEAU / NOV 1925 . The label includes the following: Contents of this bottle make 1 quart pineapple juice. / Made from the juice of delicious sun-ripened pineapples grown in Costa Rica by the United Fruit Co. / J.L. Phlippeau / New York / Bottle Patented Nov. 1925 .

www.worthpoint.com...

have found the same pics you show on craigslist..

you tried here?
www.antique-bottles.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The United Fruit Company (1899–1970)

that's the next method of investigation..

A dark and mysterious path this leads us on..

UFC was a major brand name.. so possibly lots of these bottle produced, but how many survive?
en.wikipedia.org...

www.ebay.com...
edit on 14-10-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by jiggerj

apparently it's from around 1925

This bottle stands 4 ½ inches tall. The base is concave and embossed: PHLIPPEAU / NOV 1925 . The label includes the following: Contents of this bottle make 1 quart pineapple juice. / Made from the juice of delicious sun-ripened pineapples grown in Costa Rica by the United Fruit Co. / J.L. Phlippeau / New York / Bottle Patented Nov. 1925 .

www.worthpoint.com...

have found the same pics you show on craigslist..

you tried here?

Thank you so much for the info! And, yup, my daughter is trying to sell it on craigslist. I just can't find a value on it. The bottle could be so rare that it's worth thousands and I'd hate to see her let it go for a couple of bucks.
edit on 10/14/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I'm thinking it may be rare too..

Not finding anything. not even an image..
I've seen similar, even a Roman one from 1ad.

The history behind the company is massive and so corrupt too..

Don't forget you've got the added bonus of having the label still on it.. that adss a lot of value..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
thiere are two bottles on ebay from UFC

UNITED FRUIT DRINK CO
www.ebay.com...

looking at the label on your bottle, the font is typically 1930's.. so there is another clue to its date.. but we don't know how long that font ran for.. so it could be into the 1940's too.. I'd say we've got a 20 year span on this bottle..

1925-1945.. it mayeven reduce down to a ten year span.. say '30 to '40

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
The United Fruit Company (1899–1970)

that's the next method of investigation..

A dark and mysterious path this leads us on..

UFC was a major brand name.. so possibly lots of these bottle produced, but how many survive?
en.wikipedia.org...

www.ebay.com...

I went to ebay and searched for United Fruit company bottles. I found two, worth $24.99 and $14.99. So, I'm guessing this Pinebev bottle isn't worth much more. Have to email my daughter so she doesn't get her hopes up too high. Thank you so much for your investigative skills so early in the morning.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
have found the patent for it
www.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

oh but as for the pricing.. you may get lucky here.. but as you say.. don't get your hopes up.
The difference is those two bottles listed on ebay appear to be mass produced by machine from what I can tell.. and they are clear, plain glass except for the print on them.. nothing special...

where as...;

Richard, Your bottle is typically called a Pineapple bitters, There are three varieties of this bottle with yours being the most common. Common in this case does not imply little value. the bottle in perfect condition in amber sells these days for $400-500. The same bottle comes in aqua, topaz, blue green, yellow loive and olive green all of which sell for much more than the amber ones. Very little is known about the history of these bottles. One pineapple bottle, smooth based is known with a label for Brown's Iron Bitters. Digger

www.bottlebooks.com...

but that is not the same bottle as yours.. just similar..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
it would seem there is a clear glass version of your bottle, so yours will have a higher value than this one.. i assume..

One was sold on ebay.. but cannot see how much for..

Blown In The Mold Pineapple Bottle Phlippeau NYC 1925 (#380212677184)

feedback.ebay.co.uk... 2

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
found one price..

eBay Feedback Profile for logical-choice
feedback.ebay.com/.../eBayISAPI.dll?...
Blown In The Mold Pineapple Bottle Phlippeau NYC 1925 (#380212677184), US $9.99

but that may not be accurate due to it being on ebay..

top topics

join