It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Itisnowagain

In relation to the topic, the 'now' gives us the basic details with which to flesh out the very bones connecting everything. The past gives us the leisure to sit back and flesh it out, like an artist filling in a sketching that was drawn on the fly. The future is the image that we hold in our minds as we flesh it out, what we plan for it to look like. At any time, the image may change as we realize that certain adjustments bear more merit than what we had originally intended, but the core idea remains - unless, again, certain adjustments bear crucial merit.

This image that is appearing presently is real. It can be seen and heard, tasted and touched - there is direct conscious contact with this. This is where life actually is.
Humans don't live in this rich sensational world. They live in the images produced in the mind - they look at yesterday and tomorrow and never open their eyes or ears.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I see where your muddle understanding of time and its effect stems from. You have a brutally desolate view of time that has yet to be, and time that has been.

You have a lot of baggage, in other words. Therefore, you THINK your 'present' is free, but it is never free because if your past holds guilt and your future holds dread, then you are forever holding yourself back. What from, I don't know, but that is the only logical conclusion.

Otherwise, your past would hold joy, and your future would hold hope...and your present would hold opportunity.

I don't live in the darkness of the mind. I live in the light.
I live with what is real and true.

I carry no baggage. Baggage is yesterday and tomorrow.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

This image that is appearing presently is real. It can be seen and heard, tasted and touched - there is direct conscious contact with this. This is where life actually is.
Humans don't live in this rich sensational world.

You are coming dangerously close to speaking for others without their input, and despite their proof of action.

Right now, I can feel the resistance of the keys beneath my fingers, hear the conversations behind me, hear the clicking of the keys, I can see the monitor and my fingers on the keys, and I can smell the moist cloth of my jacket (it's been raining horribly for the past few days).

And you say I'm just living in my mind? Seems like it's awfully real to me. And I don't think it's my mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Right now, I can feel the resistance of the keys beneath my fingers, hear the conversations behind me, hear the clicking of the keys, I can see the monitor and my fingers on the keys, and I can smell the moist cloth of my jacket (it's been raining horribly for the past few days).

And you say I'm just living in my mind? Seems like it's awfully real to me. And I don't think it's my mind.

What you have described above is sensing this moment, seeing, tasting, touching, all this happens without words, without conceptulizing (without minding). This is the awareness without words. You are with what is real.
The mind though thinks in time - it constructs an imaginary place in a later time and puts a you in it and runs a script. The mind imagines what is not happening (past/future senario) and the body feels all feelings here. The mind is off having dramas. If you love the drama and the horror you will continue until you don't.

Some have had enough drama and horror and prefer to rest as peace.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

More fear of a possibility.

Which is why I stay as close to now as I can.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

More fear of a possibility.

Which is why I stay as close to now as I can.

I'm just messing with you. You know it's my favorite pass time.
Go finish your medium thread....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

lol I know.

I want to, but am still bouncing around between apartments.
On lunch break now.

Seriously though in regards to the topic of oneness, it happens...

I don't know how that got onto the topic of living in the now....which is just a find place for me to be, even if some people don't get it, I get it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

lol I know.

I want to, but am still bouncing around between apartments.
On lunch break now.

Seriously though in regards to the topic of oneness, it happens...

I don't know how that got onto the topic of living in the now....which is just a find place for me to be, even if some people don't get it, I get it.

Thread jumps all over.
I think people either experience it or they don't and question it.
But I can see why they question it. Ever read that book "The Hidden Dangers of the Rainbow" there is a thread on it here somewhere with a link for a free pdf file of it.I read it a couple decades ago and am actually holding it right now. Do I agree with all of it. No but I can see why she came to those conclusions.
Oneness just is. I can't explain it. It would be like explaining love to someone whose has never experienced love.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hmm...so there are certain concepts that you can't define using any human language, is that right? You either know it or you don't.

Couldn't this be applied to religious concepts as well? The fallibility of spoken or communicated language results in the fallibility of a communicated concept results in the fallibility of any organized philosophy that centers around said fallible concept because of the fallibility of the language used to communicate it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hmm...so there are certain concepts that you can't define using any human language, is that right? You either know it or you don't.

Couldn't this be applied to religious concepts as well? The fallibility of spoken or communicated language results in the fallibility of a communicated concept results in the fallibility of any organized philosophy that centers around said fallible concept because of the fallibility of the language used to communicate it.

I stopped reading this thread on page 2. Too much BS flying around.
I write crap to Darkblade71 on purpose.
It's a trick to see if he'll reply. But he knows I'm talking about something that I wouldn't put in a post.
sorry I'm laughing too much....
I added the last part so that part of the post applied to the topic.

You may continue with your .... discussion.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Explain how you know how to exist.

edit on 16-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No concept can be described without language. A concept is made of language. A word is a concept.
Wordlessness in non conceptual.
Have you ever know non conceptual awareness? Being without words.

Indeed concepts are fallible because of the fallibility of the language used to communicate them. Concepts are abstractions away for the truth.
Only non conceptual awareness can be true.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
These sage words from Peter Brown fit pretty well here:

We are word and idea junkies; we are addicted to semantic systems.

This means that we use words/ideas with an unchallenged confidence that they bear a somewhat accurate correspondence to the actual state of things, Reality.

Within a limited context this may be somewhat true. We can record information, instructions, recipes, etc. in words, and another human will be able to use those words to approximate the "real-world" conditions we intended to refer to. This semantic functionality has apparently given our species a large evolutionary advantage.

BUT... for "spirituality", inquiry into Reality, into our true condition, words/ideas are worse than useless. They are potentially our biggest impediment.

This is because we may tend to assume that the objects/actions which words refer to, ACTUALLY EXIST IN THE WAY THE WORDS THAT REFER TO THEM SEEM TO DEFINE THEM. That is, we may tend to view our experience as being actually made up of the objects and actions that the words we are using to describe it imply.

This is a fundamental mistake, due to the fact that ALL experience is in actuality an infinite, constantly changing, non-repeating, indefinable (in any final way), unpatterned field of miraculously appearing Radiantly Present "energies" existing nowhere else than IN experience, perceived by unknowable, miraculously appearing "consciousness". But our use of words implies that objects and actions may actually exist in the way we refer to them, as knowable, definable objectively existing "beings", "things" and "situations".

This is actually NOT the case.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

Peter Brown is brilliant at pointing directly at the reality.
A very nice addition to this thread.
Thank you.

I will add an Alan Watts talk on the problem with linguistics.
youtu.be...
edit on 16-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

The complete video of that wonderful discussion with great quality audio. He definitely hits it right from the start.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Thank you for the Alan Watts talk.

In return, I'll point you and everyone else to this superb Satsang: link

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have been practicing psionics and kinesis for two years now. I laugh at those who say it is Satanic or foolish, for they are the ones missing out, not me.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by chriswalt

Really? That's cool! Have you been successful?

I ask because psionics is a bit like any talent - either you "have it", or you don't. I believe genetics may be involved to a certain extent, only so far as magnitude is concerned.
edit on 16-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's not a lie.

Perhaps different interpretations are a lie, but the undeniable fact is that we are all part of the universe.

What that means exactly is up for interpretation and debate. Some say nothing, but I can't keep from admiring how marvelous it is to be anything at all.

edit on 16-10-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: grammar

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
We are all part of the same energy source, it's flowing through everything, behind all this phyical matter there is an energy that flows through everything and through this energy we/its all connected to one another.

It's hard to explain what I seen and felt but an example just come to me that maybe fits... it's the"Pando" tree's, each indevidual tree is a "person" but beneth that they are all connected to one another by their root system. It might appear your looking at 1000's of indevidual tree's when observing them but upon closer inspection, when you wipe away the surface soil you reveal the roots and when you trace each root you come to realise it's connected to the tree's around it and in fact the tree's are just what we can see of the organism (entity) that is the roots.

The "Pando" root system is estimated to be 80,000 years old (but could be a million) and is said to be among the worlds oldest known living organisms. Imagine trying to date how old it is by measuring the "rings" of one of those tree's, it wouldn't tell you the full story would it.

Hard to explain all of this isn't it... I thought it was all a load of rubish at first when I was just sat there trying to imagine it in front of my PC but then I had an experiance and felt and seen it. Until I'd felt it I'd have really struggled to think it was true so I guess a lot of people are in that same boat...

We are all seperate people but behind all of that we are all connected and as we're all connected we are as one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join