It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is "Oneness" A Lie?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey ATS'ers

I would love to get your feedback on this topic but first let me tell you where I am coming from.

Since I was a teen I was into the familiar conspiracy theories around the NWO, Illuminati, Masons, UFO's, The Anti-Christ, etc. This was pre-internet so I read a lot of books and bought David Icke's, William Cooper, Jordan Maxwell, and others views, that the NWO is made up of Mason Satanist who are intent on ruling the world through the Occult practice of Black Magic.

As I got older and more interested in other spiritual areas of life, such as starting a meditation practice and reading the old texts of the Buddhists, Hermetics, Gnostics, etc I started to develop a new stance on what people deemed "Occult". I studied the symbols and signs and saw that they came from a much older place and that those who originally held this knowledge did so with a positive purpose, not a negative one.

At this point in my life, I no longer believe the Occult Satanist take over view. I do believe there is an elite and yes they are planning for a one world government and that of course there are those with nefarious plans.

I have seen a lot articles lately on different sites and blogs slagging the so-called New Age movement for the belief in holding positive intentions throughout the day, the practice of meditation, being good and empathic and having the belief that we are all One, meaning we are all connected. You cannot hurt, kill, be prejudice too, exclude, etc one group of people and believe that ALL people can live harmoniously. Our actions and beliefs effect all of us, not just some of us. I believe strongly in the old saying "As Above So Below, As Within So Without".

The facts I have heard spread are this -

you can't just sit around meditating all day and sending loving kindness and expect the world to change

the power of positive thought is a lie

occult practices and secret societies are all negative

anyone pushing for "Oneness" is a deceiver

anyone claiming to use Reiki, Qi-Gong, Meditation, etc is channeling a demonic entity.

I understand that in the mainstream culture right now a lot of these topics are hot topics for the Oprah, Secret reading, Deepak Chopra, Yoga practicing, Eckart Tolle type followers. But that's exactly what most who subscribe to this type of knowledge are doing, just following. I totally believe that there are those who have been, and will continue, to subvert these ancient teachings so that others believe they are false and misleading. It seems to me that it is really amping up at this time.

For those of us who are true seekers, and may even be a part of secret society, we are always keeping an open critical thinking mind, doing the research and experiencing these things for ourselves.

I can firmly say that I do not believe Occult practices to be negative....unless one uses them in a such a way. Meditation has been an amazing practice that has brought me nothing but joy in my life but with the understanding that if one wants to create change that one needs to be motivated and involved. The practice of positive thought and intention has brought me nothing but good things in my life but without the expectation that I can "conjur" up anything I want or not have to work hard for it. Sending out loving kindness is an amazing experience as well, but as Malcolm X said "Self defense is common sense" so if you attack me, well, it's going down.

So my long winded question is this: Do you see this happening as well and where do you think it is coming from? Is there any truth to it? For those who live these truths, have we been deceived into pushing a false propaganda? Is "Oness" a lie and only a means to get more people onto the side of Satan?

Thanks for reading this, Much Peace!

edit on 12-10-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

the power of positive thought is a life

Judging by your general message, I think you made a typo in this line. Which is pretty funny, 'cause this is the only line I agree with in the whole post.

'Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

interesting statement. i have thought about this "all is one" thing, too. what came to my mind, was a example. imagine, a human being is tortured somewhere in the middle east and another human being in latin america is celebrating a wedding. these are two extreme different emotional situations and noone of these has a clue or the slightest touch, what is happening to the other one.
so, for me, there is no "we are all one" reality.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think everything is fundamentally connected, coming from "one" but I think individuality and separation from 'oneness' is quite real and individuality should not be diminished in light of that.

A tree is a single object yes, but is every branch, leaf, and bump not unique?
edit on 12-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

these are two extreme different emotional situations and noone of these has a clue or the slightest touch,

What if they are illegitimate siblings and the one is dying because their torturer is a deranged psychopath who blames the father's infidelity on the guy (we'll use genders to avoid confusion) for some bizarre reason.

You don't see the connection because your information regarding the matter is limited. But you don't care about that, and you really don't care about the connection, so it's easier to say it doesn't exist than put so much effort into disbelieving something that may possibly have merit.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

yes, there maybe "something", which is connected to us all and everything, but we as individuals are not one.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well ,
like anything it depends on the practitioner, the intent. In my experience everything depends on the mind.

To me it is 3 phases. The first is like a mirror. You see yourself. The second it is like a window. You see others. The third is like a door. You walk through and join the "outsiders". Those that have joined us outside. As one with the everything that surrounds us. Those that have stepped out of themselves. Those that are the world we saw in the window.

Some are scared of the mirror. They never see themselves. To them,for them there is no unity. No one.

Some are content with the window and its view. They may be scared of what they see like having vertigo from peering down from the window of a tall tower. The more content to just see the higher the tower grows.
For them unity, one will always be far and make them dizzy, confused.

Only those that walk through the door so they can join the rest of creation will have the one. They will be as one and not just one. The rest will be divided and lost inthemselves. Isolated and scared.

We must break free like a bird from its egg and then its nest or we will never even know flight. Being a bird is not enough to know flight. You must hatch or you are just an egg. You must leave the nest or you will not fly. You must fly to fulfill your purpose, design.

Some can't break the shell of fear outside of it. Some can't bring themselves to leave their familiar nest and over time see it as the only existance for them.

Only some can join the other birds in the sky, flying as one. One purpose one design. Oneness is the big sky.

We are as one. Just not everyone knows what those wings are for. Some don't want to know.

All birds. Only some will fly. In a flock or as a lone eagle, but join us in your true purpose.

Fly.

We are as one.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

imo, there could be this rare phenomenon of siblings or people, which are close to each other, who notice, when something has happened to the other. but this is a rare phenomenon. i believe, we are not all connected, but there could be something like god, that is connected to us all and we are all connected to god, but individually, we are not connected to each other.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We are all one in the same sense that your body is one, but made of billions of individuals.

Does your hand know about your foot? No. Your mind does, but your hand is as separate from your foot as I am from you.

So the question becomes, is there a mind for our collective reality or are we all just hands and feet?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Oneness is an absolute certainty. I have felt it so many times during meditation, it is magnific! You have to be there to understand it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
We are all one in the same sense that your body is one, but made of billions of individuals.

Does your hand know about your foot? No. Your mind does, but your hand is as separate from your foot as I am from you.

So the question becomes, is there a mind for our collective reality or are we all just hands and feet?

Humanity is nothing like a human body. The hand isn't separate from the foot. They're attached! You should edit your post to remove that analogy.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think it's perfectly possible to feel at one with others,or even humanity as a whole without everybody being interconnect on a concious,spirit,energy,soul level.

The OP very articulately set out his experience,his path to where he is today and what he believes.

I myself have arrived at what I believe,think today through a road 40 years in the travelling though mines not had a 'direction' like the OP's taking much more a haphazard,convaluted.

Maybe love of ghost stories,mystery and the spooky as a child was an influence.Or being heavily into a lot of 70's rock like Zeppelin,Sabbath fueled that interest in the occult.Or was it the Dennis Wheatley books and Hammer Horror movies.

It may sound like i'm being flippant but I'm not.The very rational side of me which argues for evolution has always been alloyed with the side that is fascinated by the occult.Which I agree with the OP has little to do with evil or devilworship.

I wont knowingly or unknowingly align myself with the negative,wanton,self serving side.I believe I met the 'dark' side in a dream and I dont ever want to again.I dont class it as evil just negative but thats another thread.

The thing with universal oneness is the jurys still out for me,when someone brings god into it I tend to switch off.I know thats because god to me means biblical,christianity and religion which to me has nothing to do with spirituality which is me overlaying my notion onto the subject which i shouldnt but I'm guilty.

Also my fierce belief in an individuals rights,sanctity and general love for individuality doesnt sit easy with oneness though they arent mutually exclusive by any means.

In my life the areas of study that have been fundemental to the OP have been one of so many areas of interest to me and secondary to my real passions of engine building,history and music (if anything points to the contrasting,almost contradictory outlook then surely.lol

Oneness I've yet to decide,know but funny enough I know that the power of music prooves I have a soul (don't ask me to explain as i've not found an adequate way to articulate it yet.lol)

But in answer to the thread,no i don't think oneness is a lie.It fits ok with 'Bobism' which is my own particular branch of spiritual awareness

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

We are all one, of this I am certain, and we are all capable of realizing this. The key to understanding is not to desire understanding, but to trust that your questions WILL be answered.

If the primary object of your focus is the desire for understanding, then your life becomes a quest for understanding in which your goal will always elude you. Doubt creeps into your mind, you question what you think you know and you're left confused, not knowing what to believe. You begin to believe that nothing can ever be known for certain and thus you come to know nothing. Trust in your intuition, and trust what the universe is trying to show you.

How can a life based on kindness to others, or seeking truth and inner peace, possibly be considered evil?

Since I came to this understanding of oneness I began to see others as no different than myself. In another life, I had been them. I had known their hopes and fears, their pain and their joy. I had been you, reading my words on the screen before you. You had been me, writing these words to yourself. When you see that all is one you know that anything you do to others, you are doing to yourself, so why not have a positive effect on others whenever possible?

How can this philosophy be seen as an evil one? How have I been deceived?

My opinion is that doubt is the enemy here. "Satan" wants you to be deceived into thinking that we are all enemies.

I think "Satan" has deceived many Christians, Muslims and Jews into believing that their Gods are not one, and that is the problem. He sets us all against each other, playing on our fear, creating hatred, conflict, division...

Some seem to believe that Satan is more powerful than God...but how can this be? God is All. Satan is only a small subset of the All, the "evil side". Satan means accuser or adversary, as you may know, and what does an adversary do but provide a challenge to be overcome?

Some seem to believe that their name for God is the only name for God, that a God by any other name is a creation of Satan and not to be trusted in any capacity. I think this idea is the real creation of Satan. How could Satan be so powerful to reveal himself to billions more people than the true God and deceive them all. Does it not make more sense to say that all worship the same, true, all powerful God, and that Satan has merely deceived them into thinking that the Gods are not one?

Satan, the accuser, is not a powerful being in his own right. His power relies on the weakness of men. He has no physical form, he is merely a collection of dark thoughts which insert themselves into minds which are susceptible to negativity. He only has power over you if you hand it over to him. If you live your life by positive virtues, there is little chance that Satan can decieve you.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Humanity is nothing like a human body. The hand isn't separate from the foot. They're attached! You should edit your post to remove that analogy.

If I cut off your foot, will your hand feel it? Will your hand mourn its absence? If I burn your foot, will your hand know a part of your body has been burnt? No, your brain will, because your foot is connected to your brain, not your hand.

Biology 101.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

You're joking I assume.

Is your foot really attached to your hand? I'd like to see pics. Even if it is attached, are they still individuals? Are we not attached? You replied. I replied. Attachment, baby!

Help me understand. You should edit your response. *points finger*

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Picture a table. I name one corner a foot, the other a hand. Are they separate?

Common sense 101

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Yes! I agree with you completely, great response.

For everyone else, I didn't so much want to argue the point if Oneness was real (sorry my title post is a little misleading) but what do you think of those who warn us from following this path?

I am trying to keep an open mind and am currently watching the documentary "Aquarius - The Age Of Evil" but I am not getting it. As far as my research goes, these guys are really misinterpreting the occult practices. I find most of the people, even those whose research I respected like Cooper or Maxwell, seem to be off the mark. How can you research the Occult for 30 years and come to the conclusion its all bad and evil? Just doesn't make sense...

Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You are joking sir.

Cut off your hand, it is no longer connected. Where do you come up with this?

Do I really need to post a picture of a human body to show that the foot and hand are indeed physically connected?
edit on 12-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Picture a table. I name one corner a foot, the other a hand. Are they separate?

Common sense 101

*sigh* Take your dining room table and set fire to one corner of it, the corner that you have designated as the "foot". Now look at the corner you have designated as a "hand". Is it damaged? Did it change in any way as a result of you burning the other corner?

Then you tell me: are they separate?

Physics 101

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by wrdwzrd

We are all one, of this I am certain, and we are all capable of realizing this. The key to understanding is not to desire understanding, but to trust that your questions WILL be answered.

If the primary object of your focus is the desire for understanding, then your life becomes a quest for understanding in which your goal will always elude you. Doubt creeps into your mind, you question what you think you know and you're left confused, not knowing what to believe. You begin to believe that nothing can ever be known for certain and thus you come to know nothing. Trust in your intuition, and trust what the universe is trying to show you.

How can a life based on kindness to others, or seeking truth and inner peace, possibly be considered evil?

Since I came to this understanding of oneness I began to see others as no different than myself. In another life, I had been them. I had known their hopes and fears, their pain and their joy. I had been you, reading my words on the screen before you. You had been me, writing these words to yourself. When you see that all is one you know that anything you do to others, you are doing to yourself, so why not have a positive effect on others whenever possible?

How can this philosophy be seen as an evil one? How have I been deceived?

My opinion is that doubt is the enemy here. "Satan" wants you to be deceived into thinking that we are all enemies.

I think "Satan" has deceived many Christians, Muslims and Jews into believing that their Gods are not one, and that is the problem. He sets us all against each other, playing on our fear, creating hatred, conflict, division...

Some seem to believe that Satan is more powerful than God...but how can this be? God is All. Satan is only a small subset of the All, the "evil side". Satan means accuser or adversary, as you may know, and what does an adversary do but provide a challenge to be overcome?

Some seem to believe that their name for God is the only name for God, that a God by any other name is a creation of Satan and not to be trusted in any capacity. I think this idea is the real creation of Satan. How could Satan be so powerful to reveal himself to billions more people than the true God and deceive them all. Does it not make more sense to say that all worship the same, true, all powerful God, and that Satan has merely deceived them into thinking that the Gods are not one?

Satan, the accuser, is not a powerful being in his own right. His power relies on the weakness of men. He has no physical form, he is merely a collection of dark thoughts which insert themselves into minds which are susceptible to negativity. He only has power over you if you hand it over to him. If you live your life by positive virtues, there is little chance that Satan can decieve you.

Wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much for this powerful response! Much to ponder.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join