It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Sent to Federal Prison for a Year and a Half for Refusing to Testify

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Since when is standing up for your beliefs stupid? Isn't that whats wrong with the world today now? People just do whatever it takes for the easy way out.

I remember my parents teaching me from the youngest age that we all die,there is no way around that,but if your going to die anyway might as well be for something you believe in. Because if theres something worth believing in its worth dying for. So be careful what you do decide to believe in,cause you may have to stand up for it and die for it!
Hang tough sister, don't let them bully you!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I feel that this clearly constitutes cruel and unusual punishment given the proportion of the alleged crime (which if I understand, she did not even commit) to the sentence. Granted, she should not have waived her fifth amendment rights if she did, in my view. She should have simply plead the fifth and left it at that. But I still don't agree with such a harsh sentence for simple contempt of court. I agree with others that this is intimidation, as well.

Further, I do not understand or agree with the notion of "political crimes" being somehow more grievous than the actual crime: vandalism. Because the vandalism is deemed politically motivated, it's somehow worse? That's... well, frankly, it strikes me as asinine personally.

Peace.
edit on 10/13/2012 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by memarf1

As a matter of fact...My car was keyed by some neighborhood punks a few years back. I saw them do it and it went to court. No grand jury...only because they weren't that foolish to deny guilt. However, the prosecutor WAS set to go all the way to jury trial if need be, and small stuff like that DOES go to Jury here if the defendant really wants to piss off 12 average people that badly over petty crime...then ask them to judge it.
It rarely ends well for the guy who pushes a misdemeanor all the way to that level.

The point is though.....That was $1,500 in damage to my car. Vandalism SOUNDS all harmless until it's your car, your business or your property being destroyed by it. The crime was enough to rate the Grand Jury and thats all it comes to here. She could have testified...chose not to..and CHOSE the consequences that come with that.

A thing to respect, if done by choice and in strength of conviction. If she wants to whine like a victim..then it wasn't much more than playing a foolish little game and losing.

Grand Jury and Jury Trial are not the same thing. Also, The Grand Jury Convened 2 months before the alleged crime took place.

How can you have a Grand Jury put together for a crime that didn't happen yet?

This is actually corrupted government in action right here. They are holding her prisoner for her political views, not because she didn't testify. They have no reason to think she even has knowledge of the event in question -- they kicked down her door knowing she wasn't involved, wanted information that she couldn't give, and she knew that -- so she decided to not cooperate at all and now they are trying to punish her for it. Rather, they are making an example out of her, since even they knew she didn't contain the information they wanted. Essentially, they wanted to put her in jail because she's an anarchist and wanted to make an example that it's wrong to be an anarchist, so they made the whole thing up and created this dog and pony show just for an excuse to hold her in jail. She's to sit there until the grand jury expires. That's not a coincidence, that's exactly what they planned to do. This is evidenced by the grand jury being assembled before the alleged crime even took place, which proves foresight and conspiracy to violate the rights of an American citizen.

Read up on this case, it's more about her being politically aligned against formal government than it is to do with anything tangible, or empirical in the sense of wrong doing.

She's being punished for her political belief that we can do better without a government. They label her an anarchist and that's why she's sitting in jail right now.

She is a hero, through and through.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Laykilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I'm hoping we can name and shame all of the people involved.
Didn't they circumvent the constitution to pull that off?

We need to start making this personal. They are just people with little self-created titles.
That girl does not deserve the horror of jail but I know of some people who do...

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm ready for a revolution. I'm sick and tired of this crap. Come on people let's stop the useless chatter and Do something. How long are we gonna stand back and watch these things happen to people like her, like you, like me? It's time to stand up and say no more!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
It seems like every time I read about a story like this, the female suspect/perpetrator has the appearance of someone who is beautiful (inside and out) and knows it. Seems a little suspicious, no? Maybe they ignore similar stories for the sake of getting more attention this way.
edit on 12-10-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

And let's stop making excuses. The only ones suspicious is the ruling elite.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by Magnum007
It's called being in contempt of court... She's stupid, especially that she is getting immunity...

When you don't comply with an order of the court you get punished...

Speak up or get locked up... Too bad so sad...

She's gonna make some great fresh meat in jail!

Ah... why don't you go spontaneously combust somewhere.

As far as I'm concerned the government and the courts are corrupt. I guess I'm an outlaw because I wouldn't and don't comply. You can LABEL me or anyone else with whatever word you want but it doesn't change the fact that 1st I am a human being with God given rights. I refuse to submit to a corrupt government. They use illegal tactics on the people and we should comply? Sorry, not this guy. This was posted once but maybe some of you missed it, so here goes...It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood, if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is today, can guess what it will be like tomorrow.
– James Madison

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by prometheus2033
Boo hoo she wont tell us what we want to hear, hey lets hold her in contempt and put her in PRISON with all the other hardened criminals, that'll teach her to be quiet
soon all the oppressive governments of this earth SHALL answer to the angry citizens knocking at the front door.

Time to start a new, burn this S*** to the ground !!!

I'm with ya 110%

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why doesn't she just testify and say she didn't hear anything?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It is blatantly obvious that the Federal Court System is using this loop-hole in our constitution bypassing proper search and seizure of evidence and our right to not speak. This doesn't function within the tenants of our constitution; it's a contradiction. It hearkens back to the dark ages and the inquisition. "We have heard that you may have said you know of devils! Speak or face the rack!!" Then the punishment arrives and continues until they force the information they need. In regards to a past comment about it being the law and how stupid this girl is being, may I submit that the inquisition was the law in the middle ages too! LAW isn't justice and this court is abusing it's authority in my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

no no no, SHE didnt vandalize a door, some dude thousands of miles away vandalized a door and already plead guilty for it and is getting only a few months in prison for it,

she however is SUSPECTED of knowing people related to the incident and refused to talk in court, she plead the fifth amendment the right to remain silent, THAT is why she was sent to federal prison for over a year..........

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is the strangest thing I have heard lately. The case is about vandalism and they keep her in jail 1 1/2 !!!! NUTS

In the case of Pussy Cats Hillary and US Might came forward to flight for their release even though they were defaming peoples place of worship. No problem there is there?

I love this quote

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood, if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is today, can guess what it will be like tomorrow. – James Madison

edit on 13-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae
reply to post by Magnum007

Since when is standing up for your beliefs stupid? Isn't that whats wrong with the world today now? People just do whatever it takes for the easy way out.

I remember my parents teaching me from the youngest age that we all die,there is no way around that,but if your going to die anyway might as well be for something you believe in. Because if theres something worth believing in its worth dying for. So be careful what you do decide to believe in,cause you may have to stand up for it and die for it!
Hang tough sister, don't let them bully you!

well then with that logic, all the suicide bombers and so called "muslim terrorists" are doing it for great reasons...

They are standing up for their beliefs that americans are #ing garbage and should die... good on you for having something worth believing and dying for... after all we all die anyway!

good job on taking down those towers and bringing nearly 3000 people with you... Good job Hitler in killing more than 20 million people and then offing yourself... Good job to all the killers out there who have something they believe in and who then die for it... Good job, good job...

idiot...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If anyone is interested here is a video of Leah reading her statement along with some video footage of the swat team that raided her home and some footagage of the May Day event and resulting vandalism.supportresist.net...

Link to defiance website;saynothing.noblogs.org...

edit on 13-10-2012 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You know I already said this earlier, she plead the 5th, they say Ok we will not prosecute you but know you have to tell us everything you know.

Someone said well why didn't she just say she doesn't have any info, the problem there is that someone must of placed her at the location at the time what evver did happen.

So the only way out is to rat on her friends come clean or go to jail for the duration of the Grand Jury, that simple.

The only other thing she could of done is to lie, if she was caught in lie, she would still be in same place.

This is not a evil Government, this is how they get to the Truth, " You can go free but you must tell the Truth about the crime you witnessed". This is no evil Government, this is Law someone did something illegal, simple as that.

She chose to protect her friend, big deal.

They did the same thing with me, I told them to give me a rocket ship and a Million dollars and I will tell you what ever you want to know. Well That didn't work. they couldn't find a rocket ship!

edit on 13-10-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I don't disagree but,

Someone said well why didn't she just say she doesn't have any info, the problem there is that someone must of placed her at the location at the time what evver did happen.

She was not in the state when the vandalism occurred. That has been established.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The FBI search warrant to enter the house last week is sealed, but The Oregonian reported it was found left at the residence after the raid. The search warrant shows police were looking for clothing, flags and other "anti-government or anarchist literature or material."
I have some of this stuff and more at home. Should I be worried? Or maybe they should ask this guy in the photo of this thread if he knows anything
Link

I would also direct you to this book
Subversives and learn how Power does its job on those without it.

Journalist Seth Rosenfeld spent three decades pursuing government documents about the FBI's undercover operation in Berkeley, Calif., during the student protest movements in the '60s. His new book details how the FBI "used dirty tricks to stifle dissent on campus" and influenced Ronald Reagan's politics.

edit on 13-10-2012 by tintin2012 because: added info

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ilikestarz

Welcome to NDAA. I hope they don't torture her.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Why doesn't she just testify and say she didn't hear anything?

Because if she lies, she perjures herself. Then she gets time for that too.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If they wanted to she would be out 1 1/2 yrs ago BUT they need to show they are on the job catching fleas. So the poor girl is in jail because she has the wrong friends and beliefs.

Mitt is wanking us on taxis, no problem. The girl is trying to exercise her rights and is loser. Something is awfully wrong.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I am very surprised, And I mean totally surprised that they did not shoot her dog when they came to take her away.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join