It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate most people. No understatement.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I find that your average American is a short sighted, pig headed, deluded trainwreck incapable of thoughts deeper than a reflecting pool and possessing a very strong herd instinct. They represent a clear and present danger to my physical and mental well being.

Abovetopsecret doesn't improve the picture.

So many of you are incapable of critical thinking or asking yourself "What if I am wrong?"

Like all facets of this society the forum is degrading into a farce.

Thoughts and comments?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Love the Gaunt's Ghosts novels.

As for your post... yeah we all hate strangers its quite sad really.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
People are often impatient, arrogant, and generally self-interested. Just a brutal truth about this generation I guess. It takes a lot to go the extra mile to seek genuine understanding with others.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
While I agree with you that the people you describe are very annoying and certainly do exist...I must ask the question...Don't you think your blatant blanket generalization and disgusting condescending tone makes you a little short sighted, pig headed....don't forget also perhaps a deluded train wreck incapable of thoughts deeper than a reflecting pool and possessing a very strong herd instinct?
edit on 11-10-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Sorry. I had a bad day. Letting it out is the point of this forum

And on a personal note I deeply enjoy your contributions to the forums
edit on 11-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Come to Canada...

We're like that too... but we have good beer so its easier to deal with

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
reply to post by Epirus

Sorry. I had a bad day. Letting it out is the point of this forum

Fair enough, I hear you on that...

I've been there and this is the rant forum...

I understand where you're coming from now.
I hope tomorrow is better for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

True,but how do you deal with it?
Hate?
Not a very pleasant and healthy emotion.
How about educate and share.
You may think it goes unnoticed,but it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I Love You ALL....there...does that make up for a few of the arses.....

Des

link   
The phrase " you get back what you put in" comes to mind.

It's not easy but I'd try to dwell on the positives of people.

There's some good youtube clips titled "people are awesome" that always make me feel better about my fellow man.

link   
Me too

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Mkoll

True,but how do you deal with it?
Hate?
Not a very pleasant and healthy emotion.
How about educate and share.
You may think it goes unnoticed,but it doesn't.

I used to feel that way. I don't anymore clearly.

I've tried educating people but I am tired of being called a #ing nutjob.

I am willing to let the masses get back what they have been putting in.

I am sorry i feel that way but that is how i feel in this moment

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
This is the second thread I've seen like this in as many weeks.

When did it become popular to be a hateful ignorant ass? Or is it just ATS?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Popularity has nothing to do with it. I am just sharing my feelings.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I find that your average American is a short sighted, pig headed, deluded trainwreck incapable of thoughts deeper than a reflecting pool and possessing a very strong herd instinct. They represent a clear and present danger to my physical and mental well being.

So many of you are incapable of critical thinking or asking yourself "What if I am wrong?"

Thoughts and comments?

Sounds like somebody couldn't get laid?

But don't be sorry for letting off steam. We all need to do it from time to time. That's what this place is for sometimes.

If you want level headed conversations, try this place. It's a road less traveled around here.You can move on to different places, absorb new experiences and meet interesting people. Sometimes the safest way to do that is online.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That hatred you're feeling. It's nothing to be afraid of. It's only proof that you are still human. You live in a world where there is so much wrong and you are powerless over the vast majority of it - as it's mostly happening outside of your sphere of influence. This is the core of frustration and rage. The price of a digital world - this voyeurs agony and fury. We finally evolved and adapted enough to be able to see the big picture, only to realize that we're basically still wired, internally, for living in small tribes.

Evolution is slower than technology. This is the curse and the paradox. This is what makes us angry. We see the bigger picture but are impotent before it. All we can do is watch as our tribal instincts override and skew the big picture. Some of us prefer one set of rules, others another. Still others see that division and exploit it.

And we watch, in horror.

If we lived in some small village, as our ancestors did, we might right the wrongs we are exposed to. We might fight for those we sympathize with - or petition a local leader on their behalf. But this big picture? It has no soul. It has no mercy. There is nobody to petition nor to strike.

In essence, what I am getting at is... do you truly hate people? Or paradigms? In my experience, most people are good in a one on one scenario. I can, at least, cope with most others on a one on one basis. But as a herd? When we're a mob? In groups? We cease being people and become something entirely different.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/11/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Thoughts and comments?

What if YOU are wrong?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
This is the second thread I've seen like this in as many weeks.

When did it become popular to be a hateful ignorant ass? Or is it just ATS?

I think the multitude of threads promoting misanthropy have more to do with a frustration many feel due to a large section of the population that are essentially zombies/sheep and are more concerned with what Justin Bieber has been up to or what's happening on Jersey Shore than they are about their rights being taken away from them. These people walk by a once in a lifetime sunset without even knowing it's there because they are too busy talking trash about their best friend to their best friend's girlfriend on their smart phone. AKA shallow people.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That was very stirring. Your insight was quite enlightening. Thank you for that wonderful post. It has helped me work on these feelings.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
People like to slam US for its foreign policy, and many voices will try blame poltical figures. Who is voting these politcial figures in. Its the US people. Therefore a solution to ignorance has to start with the people not the polticians.
edit on 11-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join