It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate most people. No understatement.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by Hawking
This is the second thread I've seen like this in as many weeks.

When did it become popular to be a hateful ignorant ass? Or is it just ATS?

I think the multitude of threads promoting misanthropy have more to do with a frustration many feel due to a large section of the population that are essentially zombies/sheep and are more concerned with what Justin Bieber has been up to or what's happening on Jersey Shore than they are about their rights being taken away from them...AKA shallow people.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

That is precisely it, I think, and what I was trying to allude to (I am not good at allusions, I am afraid) in my OP.

The "clear and present danger.." I referred to was supposed to be about how they don't care about these things that are happening that truly matter.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

That hatred you're feeling. It's nothing to be afraid of. It's only proof that you are still human. You live in a world where there is so much wrong and you are powerless over the vast majority of it - as it's mostly happening outside of your sphere of influence. This is the core of frustration and rage. The price of a digital world - this voyeurs agony and fury. We finally evolved and adapted enough to be able to see the big picture, only to realize that we're basically still wired, internally, for living in small tribes.

Evolution is slower than technology. This is the curse and the paradox. This is what makes us angry. We see the bigger picture but are impotent before it. All we can do is watch as our tribal instincts override and skew the big picture. Some of us prefer one set of rules, others another. Still others see that division and exploit it.

And we watch, in horror.

If we lived in some small village, as our ancestors did, we might right the wrongs we are exposed to. We might fight for those we sympathize with - or petition a local leader on their behalf. But this big picture? It has no soul. It has no mercy. There is nobody to petition nor to strike.

In essence, what I am getting at is... do you truly hate people? Or paradigms? In my experience, most people are good in a one on one scenario. I can, at least, cope with most others on a one on one basis. But as a herd? When we're a mob? In groups? We cease being people and become something entirely different.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/11/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Wow Heff...as usual you hit the nail on the head.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The sad reality (IMO) is that the overwhelming majority of the People on this Planet are self-serving two-faced dirt-bags & have less intelligence than a walnut.

I prefer Cats.

Why? Here are but a few reasons:

1 - Cats do not judge each other by the color of their fur.
2 - It has never been known for one breed of Cat to declare War on a different breed of Cat.
3 - Not a one of my Cats has ever stabbed Me in the back.

I could go on but I believe I've made My point.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Well, as you have indicated, I think you are just having a bad hair day!

I've tried educating people but I am tired of being called a #ing nutjob.

How people treat you is their Karma - how you react is yours

Mate, I'm not from the US but the individuals I have met and now call my friends are, imo, very enlightened on many subjects and yes, there are also others who you simply must walk away from - they are not worth getting riled-up about.

Check out the YT channel that ur man above mentioned - "people are awesome" because, aside from a very very small portion of the global population - the individual human soul is very cool to interact with indeed!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thank you guys, Epirus, Heff and Sublime especially, for the very constructive replies. I am now feeling much better than I was when I posted this

edit on 12-10-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I feel the same way at times, I want to choke the other guy that works in my department, useless rambling over and over drives me nuts,

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Canadian beer is goat pee. German beer rules.

I'm on board with the OP. Sick of the human race. Desert island? Gimme a cat.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I love the world.

Except for all the people.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

lol the whole "i hate people" thing has become so overused it is a cliche now.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

There is nothing new under the sun

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll
I find that your average American is a short sighted, pig headed, deluded trainwreck incapable of thoughts deeper than a reflecting pool and possessing a very strong herd instinct. They represent a clear and present danger to my physical and mental well being.

Abovetopsecret doesn't improve the picture.

So many of you are incapable of critical thinking or asking yourself "What if I am wrong?"

Like all facets of this society the forum is degrading into a farce.

Thoughts and comments?

Rant aside, is called being a SOCIO-PATH !!!

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

In what way am I a sociopath for being frustrated with the direction this country? For being frustrated at how people swallow the lies made from whole cloth and continue to materially support the globalist cancer?

A sociopath wouldn't care about others by definition

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't hate people, I just dislike some of the things they say and do and that goes for some of the things I've said and done too. I don't think you are a sociopath or anything, I think you had a bad day and I think it's perfectly normal to get frustrated with the "state of things."

Also I agree with whoever said cats are better (manatees are better too though) lol...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I think the multitude of threads promoting misanthropy have more to do with a frustration many feel due to a large section of the population that are essentially zombies/sheep and are more concerned with what Justin Bieber has been up to or what's happening on Jersey Shore than they are about their rights being taken away from them.
reply to post by Epirus

MAYBE there's also a little dash of jealousy to go along with that. Ignorance IS Bliss...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

You're right, hate is a very strong word, especially when generalizing as much as I was. I'm a dog person myself though

@ all

Being on a college campus gets me quite worked up, I'm afraid. Streams of people walking in front of buses without even looking, as if it is their due to be able to interrupt traffic without regard especially makes me mad. That behavior made my bus a full 15 minutes late once.

And then the interpersonal behavior is horrifying. I was in a frat for a short period and those people are freaking terrible.

I suppose it is all symptomatic of a moral decay. We all know where the moral rot ends, we've seen it before many a time in civilization.

Originally posted by MidnightSunshine
MAYBE there's also a little dash of jealousy to go along with that. Ignorance IS Bliss...

I've entertained thoughts of "I wish I didn't know what I know" many a time. Ignorance truly is bliss.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

It is sad but encouraging to know that you are part of a small minority with this psychological defect. Most people (and animals for that matter) have no preconceived hatred toward others and prefer to act in a spirit of community and compassion.

Misanthropy

It should be added, however, that misanthropy does not necessarily equate with an inhumane attitude towards humanity. Schopenhauer concluded, in fact, that ethical treatment of others was the best attitude, for we are all fellow sufferers and all part of the same will-to-live;

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I don't think you are wrong in what you have stated. When I go out into the public daily I see and hear too many people who are so shallow; into apathy and are so asleep in their awareness (or lack thereof). It is very disturbing.

Also I have found (all to many times) that if I talk about what is really going on in the world; they just don't want to hear it and would rather talk about (the real housewives of....).

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
your concerning yourself too much with the status of others.
people need to learn to stop taking life so seriously.
If it makes you feel better all those people you hate are going to die someday.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by Mkoll

It is sad but encouraging to know that you are part of a small minority with this psychological defect. Most people (and animals for that matter) have no preconceived hatred toward others and prefer to act in a spirit of community and compassion.

Misanthropy

It should be added, however, that misanthropy does not necessarily equate with an inhumane attitude towards humanity. Schopenhauer concluded, in fact, that ethical treatment of others was the best attitude, for we are all fellow sufferers and all part of the same will-to-live;

It really seems like you just wrote up a reply based on my title alone.

Anger serves it's purpose. It is not a defect. I am angry with the way things are. I want to change the way things are. When I tried to inform people about what I know they would rather discuss sports or talk # on people or talk about what they want to buy, or they tell me that conspiracies are impossible, or they tell me I am crazy. That makes me more angry.

I don't hate people, really. That was inaccurate statement that I should have done differently; I hate the way that people act, allowing us to slide into serfdom with nary a cry of panic

I see people treat others like #. That makes me angry. I see people entrench themselves in either the republican or democrat camps and say the same things against their opponents that their opponents say against them. I see a mobius strip of insanity and it makes me angry.

Don't #ing tell me from your fortress of sublime smuggness and poor reading comprehension that hate is a defective wire, it moves me to want to make things better.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Well, at least you are not prejudiced. You hate everybody.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join