It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarians Building a House

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

WTF??? The Dodd-Frank bill ruined the economy? What about the Wall Street melt-down that precipitated the D-F bill? Didn't that have anything to do with it?

But put that aside... the real economy-killer are the pointless wars that Bush started. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are expected to cost over $4 Trillion dollars. Add to that the amorphous 'War On Terror' boondogle. And Bush finananced those through China. Prior to that we had a budget surplus. That's a fact. The wars are essentially what ballooned our national debt and tanked the economy.

Blaming Dodd-Frank is yet another shallow Republican talking-point devoid of facts. If anyone had been minding the store on Wall Street instead of letting those asshats run free there wouldn't be a Dodd-Frank.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I like how people play this left-right paradigm stuff. I myself from here on out, if I vote at all it will be for anyone other than the ruling Oligarchy's two sponsored and approved "candidates." Does anything ever really change? Have we not learned from the "Hope and Change" crap? How about Obama bringing us the NDAA? The two party system is an illusion.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gusmonkey

Exactly! That's what I've been saying. The op seems to think it is ok to continue to vote for one or the other, but my eyes are open. Neither of the candidates are worth my vote.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
What the Libertarians don’t seem to understand is that you don’t build a house by starting with the roof. You have to have a foundation to hold up that roof.

Libertarians, and I think many of us, want to see a drastic change in our government from the county level to the federal level. However, the Gary Johnson, and Ron Paul fans want to take over the White House immediately but they don’t have the base to get it accomplished. No libertarian candidate is going to win the White House. Plain and simple, they don’t have the voter base, i.e., no foundation.

Instead of starting to build the foundation of the party before the primaries, they wait until the Libertarian Party announces their candidate and then simply vote for them at the election. How much campaigning did you actually see for Ron Paul before the primaries? The Paul people simply tried to take over the caucuses which alienated the undecided voters in those areas. They thought by getting Paul enough votes to speak at the convention, that he would overwhelm the delegates with his common sense, force a second round of votes and then be nominated for president. They were wrong. They did not have the foundation to hold up the roof.

Now, the Libertarians, because they couldn’t get the roof up (phallic reverence?) (get Paul nominated) they would rather burn down the house, toss away their vote, and let Obama destroy the country. Why not try this: live in a tent while you are building the foundation? More simply put, vote out Obama (the more government candidate) vote in Romney (the less government candidate) and continue to build the foundation and the rest of the house prior to the next primary? This would be called your temporary housing and you could be vocal about it.

Those of you who say both Romney and Obama are the same, are disingenuous. They are not the same. They are clearly different. Those Libertarian voters who say they will vote for Obama since Paul is not on the ballot, were never Libertarians in the first place. They were vote dividers either put up to it or influenced by the Democratic Party.

Ron Paul, has lost any respect I had for him. He is not the patriot I thought he was. Paul will not endorse Gary Johnson or Mitt Romney. Source Instead, he will let his supporters divide this country, see Obama re-elected, retire with his money, government pension and health care for the rest of his life without worry. Paul wants to see the house burn. He has no worries about his future. Many of the rest of us have worries and obstacles to work around.

What Paul should have done is advise his supporters to support Romney simply to get Obama out. Then he should say, that during the next 2-4 years is that his supporters should organize and mobilize to start filling their local, state, and federal offices with Libertarians. Begin to prepare, ardently, for the next elections everywhere. Knock on doors, hand out flyers, run for office, support libertarians intelligently rather than outrageously. Build the foundation before trying to raise the roof.

Paul already forced the Republican Party to adopt some of his precepts. Yet, the Libertarians, refuse to identify with those precepts or the party for the good of the country.

Those of you who say they will vote for Gary Johnson because of their conscience, are taking away votes from someone who can beat Obama and is radically different than Obama. Those of you who vote for Johnson or Paul are still mopping the floor while your house is on fire. Those of you who say you will vote Libertarian at this point in time, want to see the house burn.

If you must,hold your nose, live in your tent while you are building your house, and vote against the incumbent and continue to work towards your goal of building the Libertarian Party. Otherwise, just have a good supply of marshmallows because your house is going to burn to the ground.

Good ol' political FUD with marketing NLP sprinkled on top.

How much do they pay political operatives nowadays to astroturf the republican corporate sales pitch on conspiracy forums?

Well before I read this being an anarcho-syndicalist I wasn't going to vote for anyone. They screwed RP and the process is completely rigged by powerful offshore corporate interests. Voting now is just a hollywood sideshow.

Ok. I'll vote for...Gary Johnson.

Thank you for encouraging me to vote in bilderberg's rigged election.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join