It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

You are right that this goes way beyond politics.

I'm thinking with some of the threads lately we need a new thread topic called HUMAN INSANITY or HUMAN MADNESS.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Wish it would have been me I would have come back with "REALLY? You look like an abortion gone wayyyyy wrong!"

Even if I was another kid on that bus I would have replied to it in kind.

Besides wth it isn't the kid's views it's his parents...he still is too young to carry his own views or maybe he does and carries the same views or maybe he carries different views than his parents, it isn't like the bus driver knows how to read his mind or something. BTW my son had very strong views at 12 and much different than my views.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No power unless its going to Libya, Yemen, or authorizing drone strikes.

Also.. that's an old bus driver.
edit on 11-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This is why I love America on this planet, you weaklings call Earth.

Freedom of Speech!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I don't get the whole vote for Romney, vote for Obama thing. I mean don't people know its all bullsh$t? There's no difference between corporate whore A or corporate whore B....alright Romney is really kind of a douche bag, I'll grant you that, but Obama is the best president that Goldman Sachs can buy. So why would you knowingly vote away your sovereignty to either one of these rich, elite wall street puppets?
edit on 11-10-2012 by HUMBLEONE because: Bekuz eye kant spel

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
the bus driver is an idiot, but what about the fact that she was 79? i am not anti old age, but the fact that she is 79 and a complete moron on top of that should have raised concern with the parents before this.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladoneaAlso...I think the child being 12 years old is old enough to understand politics; but he just may not be very interested right now.

He supported the views of his parents...because that is his family.

Do you not remember being 12? I'm 27 and I remember that I didn't care one iota for politics. I mostly parroted or laughed at the nonsense that my dad said about liberals. This was 15 years ago and during Clinton's presidency. I do know that I didn't fully understand what was said and I know I wasn't old enough to form my own opinion on politics.

Your second sentence is more likely correct. His parents believed one thing and because he isn't old enough to fully understand the issues he just parrots what his parents say. The fact of the matter is that lady had no business talking to a 12 year old about politics and especially to get heated enough to flat our insult the kid. Glad she was fired.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Oh come on now.
How can you claim she doesn't speak for all when the actions of many are very similar?
A black actress speaks out in support if Romney, she is instantly attacked by many.
If people are planning on rioting if Romney wins, this should tell you many think alike.
So you are completely wrong my friend, it is not an isolated incident, it is a mob mentality!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

That can be said for both sides.

Why are the NeoCon on the Right so intolerant of minorities, gays, unions ...etc....etc?

No, I'm sorry but you are way off base and completely out of touch with reality because you keep letting the lame stream media dictate what they want you to believe.
Truth is, there are minorities, gays and union members that happen to vote Republican, the only difference is they/we are treated as individuals and Americans first and not clumped and segregated into groups as they are in the Democrat party.

Btw, I'm a minority.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Whatever happened to, "Sticks and stones" surely a word in the driver's ear by the parents at the outset, could have been enough, and a chance to apologise. Apart from all that sticking up political signs is buck stupid.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
hang on, a 78 year old bus driver!?!?!?

Budge up granny, give the jobs to the young uns

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is my neighborhood. Same bus company and same route, except different schools. The buses swing through three times in the AM and three times in the afternoon. LOL, the boy's bus just literally drove by my house while I was typing. (My daughter gets dropped off in an hour) Funny coincidence. Anyway, this boy goes to the Catholic School and my daughter goes to the public school down the street. The school district has three different start and end times to best utilize the school bus routes.

As soon as I heard about this (through the neighborhood mill), I called the bus company and said I was disappointed in the way this situation was handled and if I find they moved her to my daughter or son's route, I would pull them from the bus and call the news station. This is equivalent to an adult bullying a child. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

By the way, this started with the bus driver antagonizing the kid, because his house has a Romney sign in their yard. This went on for a bit and escalated to the abortion comment.

The most dispicable part is that this is the CATHOLIC bus route. The driver KNOWS the kid goes to Catholic school,SHE BRINGS HIM THERE! So, not only is it bullying (IMO), it's on another level. It would be a 'hate crime' if he was attending a Mosque or Muslim school.
edit on 11-10-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
She should have minded her own business, the bitch is there to drive the bus, not pass judgement on the parents of those that ride it.

And to say such a thing to a child is unconscionable. Big thumbs down.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

No, I'm sorry but you are way off base and completely out of touch with reality because you keep letting the lame stream media dictate what they want you to believe.

Wow. That's a talking point I hear regurgitated by the Right wing machine quite often. Instead of addressing the issue they simply say "You're a MSM puppet!"

Truth is, there are minorities, gays and union members that happen to vote Republican,

So the hardcore Republicans are in no way intolerant of gays? The Republicans in no way despise unions and their voting efforts? The Republicans do not try to push legislation that will make it harder for the poor and and inner-city minorities to vote?

Well you are entitled to your opinion, but if I were you I would look around and see what is going on. The Right has gone out of their way to specifically alienate these very people.

the only difference is they/we are treated as individuals and Americans first and not clumped and segregated into groups as they are in the Democrat party.

This statement is a great example of party rhetoric. It doesn't mean anything. There is no substance, but sounds good when your talking to a bunch of people that are dumb enough to buy into it.

Not me buddy. Your gonna have to do better than platitudes and half-assed propaganda.

Btw, I'm a minority.

BTW I'm a Republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes
This is my neighborhood. Same bus company and same route, except different schools. The buses swing through three times in the AM and three times in the afternoon. LOL, the boy's bus just literally drove by my house while I was typing. (My daughter gets dropped off in an hour) Funny coincidence. Anyway, this boy goes to the Catholic School and my daughter goes to the public school down the street. The school district has three different start and end times to best utilize the school bus routes.

As soon as I heard about this (through the neighborhood mill), I called the bus company and said I was disappointed in the way this situation was handled and if I find they moved her to my daughter or son's route, I would pull them from the bus and call the news station. This is equivalent to an adult bullying a child. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!

By the way, this started with the bus driver antagonizing the kid, because his house has a Romney sign in their yard. This went on for a bit and escalated to the abortion comment.

The most dispicable part is that this is the CATHOLIC bus route. The driver KNOWS the kid goes to Catholic school,SHE BRINGS HIM THERE! So, not only is it bullying (IMO), it's on another level. It would be a 'hate crime' if he was attending a Mosque or Muslim school.

But your children are not on that bus, yet you called the bus company on the basis of the grapevine? Please God I never have to be in court with you as a juror.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This, is exactly what most Democrats are like, they run around, insulting their counter parts just because they have different beliefs. I see democratic "comedians" making jokes about how high class republicans should just die, and it doesn't stop there. Other Demos' run around telling Rep's that they have some mental illness. It's so ignorant, I do wish that this moronic bus driver said anything close to me on the topic, she clearly has no idea what she is talking about. Most Obama voters blindly follow him not understand what he actually does to this country. Ignorance, nothing pains me more than it. Unbelievable to see such a thing said to a 12 year old kid though, I hope she doesn't get any job that relates to kids.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

But your children are not on that bus, yet you called the bus company on the basis of the grapevine? Please God I never have to be in court with you as a juror.

Perhaps I could have explained it better. The bus company had originally stated they were going to switch her from the Catholic school to the public school. Same route, same bus company, same neighborhood, different time slots. So, basically there was a one in twelve chance she would have driven one of my children (one elementary, one middle/high school).

The press coverage was enough to cause the company to fire her instead.

edit on 12-10-2012 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
12 year olds are far more savey & sophisticated in today's high tech/info age than when I was 12 (50some years ago).

Why is a 79 year old being entrusted to drive a bus filled with Kids?

Just saying.

Oh yes the topic. The driver is 100% wrong on so many levels.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

A 79 year old female school bus driver obviously was none too please to see a Romney/Ryan sign in the yard of a 12 year old boy she picked up. She engaged the child in a political debate to which he replied that his family is pro-life and Obama is pro-abortion.

Wait, wait, wait. A post-menopausal woman is debating the merits of the unborn with a prepubescent boy! Hate to have to give this biology lesson, but neither have a dog in the abortion fight!

Moreover, She's 79 and still working. The fact that she is 79 and still in the workforce, because apparently Social Security ain't paying her bills, should be the proof-in-pudding on what her concern should be -like an economy that demands a near-octogenarian still be part of the labor force!

Talk about needing to refocus your life.
edit on 12-10-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join