It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bus Driver Tells 12 Year-Old He Should Have Been Aborted Because of Romney Yard Sign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
A 79 year old female school bus driver obviously was none too please to see a Romney/Ryan sign in the yard of a 12 year old boy she picked up. She engaged the child in a political debate to which he replied that his family is pro-life and Obama is pro-abortion.

The bus driver allegedly said to the child, “Maybe your mom should have chosen abortion for you.” Understandably, this really upset the boy. Other kids on the bus verified the boy’s account and are providing written statements.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

His mom made the school and the manager of the bus system aware of the problem. Is was not until after a letter she wrote about the incident was read on a radio show that the woman was fired.

Honestly, this election is bringing out the worst in people. To talk to a child this way is inexcusable. If she said this to my kid I would probably let the old hag know how it felt to be verbally assaulted.

ATS search done

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

what type of idiot would engage a 12 year old AMERICAN in a political debate? Apparently a 79 year old moronic bus driver.

Most American adults aren't even up to speed with politics, let alone a 12 year old kid. The kid can't vote, not for a few more years, so quite obviously the parents are the Romney supporters, and a 12 year old simply doesn't have the mental capacity to have an opinion about this subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
UPDATE: Driver has been fired.

ETA: OOOPS...missed that in the OP. Sorry.
edit on 11-10-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Damnit.
Why is ok for Libs to think they have a right to be completely intolerant of others?

Don't they practice what they preach?

That angry woman probably watches Ed on MSNBC

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

What a horrid thing to say to anyone- much less a child! I can't believe that they hesitated even if for a brief period before firing this woman. All I can say is the woman is lucky that she is elderly, because if she weren't I am sure the boy's mother would have LOVED to give that woman a good smacking across that nasty mouth!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

what type of idiot would engage a 12 year old AMERICAN in a political debate?

They are many types of idiots, this one at had is a political idiot. You know the kind that spout off what ever "their" party is a preaching at the moment. Bud sadly idiots come in all colors creeds and religions, but the ones that are political idiots are lower than that.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It's getting crazy!

Both sides talking about riots, upheavals if the opponent wins!

I can imagine the verbal cage matches here leading up to the election.

The driver should be fired and punched in the ovaries!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The senor bus driver was totally wrong in her abusive statement and should have kept her mouth shut; her getting fired is justified.

Also...I think the child being 12 years old is old enough to understand politics; but he just may not be very interested right now.

He supported the views of his parents...because that is his family.

Really (as we all know) elections bring out (mean behavior) in many.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I really don't think it matters who wins the election. Nothing will really change in the US.

As for the bus driver, yea, that was probably a bad thing to say to a child.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Damnit. Why is ok for Libs to think they have a right to be completely intolerant of others?

Yes, this idiot bus driver speaks for all Liberals. Seriously man, come the heck on. I've met my share of republicans that would have done and said the same damn thing, probably worse.

Then again, they'd be saying that to me, not a 12 year old, so who knows.

politics brings out the worst in people, but this woman speaks for no one but herself.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Also...I think the child being 12 years old is old enough to understand politics; but he just may not be very interested right now.

Sorry, I know far too much about the US education system to believe that for a second. And the kids answer speaks volumes.

Romney is "pro life" Obama is "pro-abortion"

No, Obama is not pro-abortion. Obama, at least his government, believes in the right of a woman to choose what does and doesn't happen to her body. Romney, on the other hand, feels that the government should decide what she can and can't do.

I wonder if this kid knows Romney wants to cut funding (the tiny amount of funding) to PBS, meaning, no more Oscar or Big Bird.

That said, I have indeed seen some young kids with a very good knowledge base on politics and other current events. None of them went through the american school system.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The driver should be fired and punched in the ovaries!

Now see, this right here is why I love ATS. I don't tend to see eye to eye with Beezer often, but when I do, it's 1000%, and this is one of those times.

I also agree that nothing will change, your "choice" is between pepsi and diet pepsi, it's not really a choice at all because......

The president, as Obama clearly has shown us, doesn't have any real power if congress and the senate aren't behind him...

the entire system needs to be dismantled in my opinion, as well as the Canadian system, and probably the UK too.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
**Clearly saying this to a child is wrong, and goes to show the level of intelligence we are dealing with here. 72 years old, better off not driving our kids anyway.**

Such intolerance of other peoples view points is all I have seen in the last few months. Fighting back and forth, and making so many people show their true colors I guess.
But I have to ask. Is this being made into a bigger deal to get more people into a frenzy over this election? Or are we really concerned about the Bus driver said to the kid? Does this serve an agenda?

I see this as Americans failing to have any tolerance for anyone's view point but their own. I will not lump everyone in the same glass jar. But lately I see people wanting to go fist to cuff over this BS. Like really throw down!!!

I believe in standing up for what you believe in and all that good stuff, yet when both sides are a sham, and everyone has the wool pulled over their eyes, I just slink back into my hole, and hide from the crazy people who think I am crazy, because I think its an illusion, a puppet show to make people hate, and fight each other. While they pillage this Nation year after year..
edit on 11-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit

edit on 11-10-2012 by zysin5 because: **Edit

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Aside from the obvious inappropriate conduct here, this firing probably increased the safety of the school children and the general public. A busload of kids should not be entrusted to a 79 year old driver. There's no way that's the safest choice.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Damnit.
Why is ok for Libs to think they have a right to be completely intolerant of others?

Don't they practice what they preach?

That angry woman probably watches Ed on MSNBC

That can be said for both sides.

Why are the NeoCon on the Right so intolerant of minorities, gays, unions ...etc....etc?

On topic though, I agree that this woman should not have started a political debate with a twelve year old. Children should be left alone so that they can be kids! That being said, I hate it when I see kids at political rallies or are used as advertising space for politicians in local parades.

While it's sad that this old woman had to say what she did, it's also sad that she no longer has a job just because of something she said. It seems to me that people no longer have the thick-skin our ancestors used to have and we get our panties all twisted when someone says something we disagree with.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Gee, what's next, the milkman seeing on Obama sign and telling the poor kid on the sidewalk he wouldn't deliver milk to his family because he doesn't support gay marriage. This thing is getting out of control on both sides.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is why I hate this time of year.

Personally I can't stand political signs at all and I hate seeing them.

I wish I could ban them. They are an eyesore.

I believe in free speech, of course, but to me when I want to see the mountains I want to see the mountains not some big sign that blocks them.

This is why I hate advertisers. Everything has to be blocked by a sign or the words on the internet has to have an ad connected to them.

It's the money that gives them this power.

Ah well.

edit on 11-10-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This goes beyond political. This is a case of a woman too old to drive a bus full of kids, too insensitive to communicate with children, and too disrespectful to have a job working with the public. This is wrong on every level.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I can dig that, sounds like a reasonable response. One that is not being baited into an agenda. You honestly sound like you are concerned about a child being verbal abused. And other children being driven by someone who sounds and acts like they are no longer able to do their job. 72 is reasonably a dangerous age to be driving a school bus with kids.
edit on 11-10-2012 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, Obama is not pro-abortion.

Clinton wanted abortions to be: safe, rare and legal. Obama took "rare" out of the equation making me think he has no problem with the number of abortions performed. For that reason I will say he is pro-abortion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join