It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Curent Brothers-A Masonic Dilemma, need advice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Need advice here gang. Brought a coworker candidate to a pre meeting dinner meet n greet before the meeting. All went well., candidate liked the guys and vice versa.Meres the "problem" (note the quotes)...this fine worthy man is African American. After he left, a long time member and 3 time PM informed the current Worshipful Master that, and I quote " I will not have a black man in this lodge and its against the rules". I have spoken to my DDGM and he stated in no uncertain terms that that sort of behavior will be brought up on Masonic charges and possibly result in expulsion. My friend is very excited and anxious and meets all qualifications. Now i gotta go back to work with him daily with htis nonsense in my mind. I will see him tomorrow but wont say a word about the controversy as to not dampen his enthusiasm.BTW, he lives a block from the lodge and Prince hall is far too expensive for him let alone on the opposite side of the city. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Put it to a vote , I'm sure everyone doesn't feel the same as this guy.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Ugh, I'd hope the Masons are better than that guy. What's the problem here? Is his racist attitude going to be taken seriously and your friend not given a fair chance or as a group is your lodge going to give him the green light?

This may be a good example of why Affirmative Action exists.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

The Church honors the Bible, embraces the Chief Cornerstone and has no secrets. They welcome anyone in the doors and private associations with exclusive benefits is not the way. Unequal weights and measures, taking the seat of honor and honoring men above God is rarely found in the walls of a church. Oaths of ritual based on theurgy are not the norm in a church, but the Grace of God and the Mercy of our redeemer (Your lost Word) are all part of a healthy church. I recommend that you and your friend visit your local Baptist Church and allow them to welcome you back Sunday after Sunday. All races, creeds, colors and nationalities welcome. Love the sinner and hate the sin is the only oath to take.

edit on 10-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Depending on my mood, I would have gently or "gently" admonished this PM. Regardless of his time in the East he is still a Brother and bound by the rules. It seems he has forgotten all the lessons taught to him, even the most basic down to the EA. His words are worthy of charges.

I would keep on encouraging his journey towards your Lodge. He has done nothing wrong and he doesn't need to hear about the bigotry of this misguided Brother.

reply to post by EnochWasRight

This is not a discussion about your opinions. Please stay on the topic at hand.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

How many black balls exclude a candidate in your Lodge?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Chances are.... your chances of acquiring a 33rd for exemplary and extraordinary services are ruined.
Stand Up To Him! But do it on the level. Do not... DO NOT use the race card!
Instead, IMHO, exemplify the need to find your brother and impose on them the need to raise a mortal to brotherhood status.

YET... consider now too... you are out of line. Reasons why black men are not allowed in white men lodges is because they are not responsible for the raising up of strange culture children. Respect it! Or fight against it.
YOU MUST DECIDE!
edit on 11-10-2012 by Pinocchio because: Pinocchio Is A Dirty B@STARD...

edit on 11-10-2012 by Pinocchio because: Yes... Yes... It Is True.

BTW: Reason Why Belief In A Supreme Being Which Is Equated With God And Presented As God Yet Permissible Under More Suitable And Delicate Terms Is Because Eventually You'll Find Out That You Are Being Asked To Love. LOVE! LOVE A WOMAN! A GODDESS! A FREEMASON DAUGHTER.
Hence Your role In The Master's Plan. Rise. Rise. Rise And You Shall See...

She Will Be There!
Welcome To The "HAREM ABOVE!"

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Welcome to my world. One Black cube rejects. After I discussed my thoughts with a few brothers, I came to the conclusion that I would have to bring most of the lodge up on charges, or just accept that it isn't going to happen. Keep harmony in the lodge, or cause a ruckus that would be heard of for all neighboring states. This issue will be much more common and will be a grand lodge issue in my state before long, and I assume in your state as well.

I won't tell you what to do, but my advice is to explain to your friend that masons are just men, and not all of them are as good as they are supposed to be. It's a cop out, but sadly, the truth.

On another note, it's nice to see you again. It's been a bit. Is all else good in PA?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If the racism was prevalent in your lodge, I'd say ask that the WM assign an investigation committee who would not be biased against the candidate. The reading of a petition is just a name. If the committee finds him favorable, then their report is what the brethren should base their votes on, and nothing more.

There's always the chance that petitions for advancement could be blocked after he was initiated, but that might require more work on the detractor's part.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A Man Onced Said That "The Secret, Once Attained, Was Not As Glorious As The Path That Lead To It!"

top topics

join