It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on Strassman DMT Spirit Molecule Documentary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm confused here...so he's saying that this '___' is found in everyone and every living thing and is created at just being about a month old in an embryo. He talks A LOT about religion in his documentary

Is he trying to say that '___' is responsible for religion/spiritual beliefs and therefore dismisses the "paranormal"?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Everything is connected, from the microscopic to the macrocosm. Paranormal is one in the same as too small to perceive or too large to perceive, while both influence you in between. Its all the same, its all good.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What I took from his book (still havent watched the movie) is that '___' is a naturally occuring chemical that appears to be associated with dream and spiritual states. I dont think he is saying that '___' is the reason for these things and is just saying that there appears to be a connection here and we need to do more research on the subject.

Personally I think it could explain a lot or paranormal situations. Certainly should be looked at in situations where people think that they have been abducted by aliens during sleep. Again I am not saying that is what is happening but I think more research needs to be done.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chadderson

But if he found it is a chemical then it's a chemical then right? Not spiritual. Confused.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
'___' is an illegal substance even though it does occur in every living persons brain naturally (stupid I know)

Because of it legal status this thread will soon be closed for violation of T&C

I suggest you read the below thread that has a lot of detail about '___' and has been allowed to survive in the RATS forum!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace
edit on 10-10-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Dang. Thanks I'll read. Seems LONG though.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Why do people create such a absolute division between physical reality and spiritual reality?

Just because there is a chemical relationship between the physical world and the spiritual world doesn't mean there isn't such a thing as the spiritual world...

This attitude is the whole problem right now, why spirituality and science can't be reconciled, when really they could and should.
edit on 10-10-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Dmt is one of the sacred keys to alternate realities. These matters were kept secret, and for good reason. We are the stargates, the magic is within us. Our pineal gland is a reducing valve. Certain substances retune the brain to recieve information that ordinarily would be hidden from us. Other dimentions can be accessed with these tools. The Ankh, Djed pillar, and Uas branch all represent the same thing :Entheogenic mushrooms.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Because it's hard to believe. That's like saying we get sick because of a bad spirit when in actuality it's because of certain viruses and bacteria. I'm not saying they are right I'm just in between with questions in mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689
I'm confused here...so he's saying that this '___' is found in everyone and every living thing and is created at just being about a month old in an embryo. He talks A LOT about religion in his documentary

Is he trying to say that '___' is responsible for religion/spiritual beliefs and therefore dismisses the "paranormal"?

I have read the book and seen the documentary. '___' is found in most living things. In people, it is normally dormant but is active in the brain during birth and death. It is speculated that it is in the pineal gland and responsible for our "religious" experiences but that is not confirmed, at this point, it is just a theory.

Strassman didn't know what to think of his volunteers experiences so he stopped the research. he couldnt come up with an explanation why people were having the visions they were. At this point, what it all means, to science anyways, is all up in the air.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

But if he found it is a chemical then it's a chemical then right? Not spiritual. Confused.

I don't think that Strassman is saying that '___' is responsible for the spiritual or the paranormal.

I think he is suggesting that '___' can lead us to experiencing the spiritual or the paranormal.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

I don't think that Strassman is saying that '___' is responsible for the spiritual or the paranormal.

I think he is suggesting that '___' can lead us to experiencing the spiritual or the paranormal.

I agree 100%! This is what advocates of Ayahuasca think as well as it contains '___'

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have not watched the documentary but I do have a question for those knowledgeable about these '___' experiments and experiences.

Are all of these experiences personal experiences?
I mean is it just internal for the person, or do these experiences go outward and effect others, like does it trigger psychic abilities that other people have experienced through the one that is experiencing the '___' experience?
I could see it being an inward journey, but does it come outwards too I guess is what I want to know, because otherwise it just seems like a personal trip, and although maybe mind blowing for the person, it is otherwise just another drug to abuse.

edit on 10-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd

Originally posted by seabhac-rua

I agree 100%! This is what advocates of Ayahuasca think as well as it contains '___'

I think it's amazing that the Brazilian rainforest tribes who use Ayahuasca figured out that the vine they process has to be mixed with the leaves of another plant in order to be metabolized by humans. Of all the different plant species in the amazon basin, they mix these two together for the purpose of visions, the odds are remote to say the least. I read somewhere that when one of the shamans was asked how they knew this he replied "the plants told us". There are a lot of things that the western mind cannot understand.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I have not watched the documentary but I do have a question for those knowledgeable about these '___' experiments and experiences.

Are all of these experiences personal experiences?
I mean is it just internal for the person, or do these experiences go outward and effect others, like does it trigger psychic abilities that other people have experienced through the one that is experiencing the '___' experience?
I could see it being an inward journey, but does it come outwards too I guess is what I want to know, because otherwise it just seems like a personal trip, and although maybe mind blowing for the person, it is otherwise just another drug to abuse.

Humans have been using mind altering substances for as long as there have been humans.

We have a rich history with 'tripping', and the using of 'drugs' has given us some of our greatest insights, some of our greatest art. It has been theorized that the altered states humans entered when using plants gave rise to the roots of religious and spiritual belief systems, even the birth of linguistics.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Yeah, That I do understand.

What I am more wondering though is if there is evidence that people while being in a lab on '___' showed an increase in psychic abilities. I have no doubt about spiritual experiences,which change a persons perspective, but am wondering on the science.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Unfortunately this subject is banned from discussion on this forum, but there are other forums out there where it can be openly discussed if you would like the links to some PM me. Most likely this will be taken down

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I love science. But I believe that there are a lot of things humans experience that science just has no handle on. Maybe some day science will have an explanation, maybe not.

I think about it like this, we view the world though the only medium we can, our human minds. Consciousness is not exclusively human, so it is possible that we can experience reality through another medium, with the use of mind altering substances. This can of course mean that science, which, it can be argued, is exclusively human, has no meaning outside our own minds.

edit on 10-10-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

I was just curious.

I prefer the natural way, good old fashioned meditation and some pretty intense visualization, and I bet I get better results

My stuff reflects outward

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

Yes, but you don't need the substances.
My teacher told me that waaaaay back in high school and I didn't believe him.
I do now.

Taking the quick road to self discovery will make you miss all of the scenery you are intended to see.
However, no one way is right or wrong, so keep on keepin on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join