It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, My Name is Ned and I’m a Drug Addict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
reply to post by guitarplayer

I have worked in a family business for most of my life, so it's hard to get fired. I probably would have been many times over if I was just another employee.

I have been done for DUI and been jailed for drunk and disorderly a couple of times, but that was when I was younger - reckless and crazy, with a death wish. I don't do that crap anymore.

Are you just wanting to quit drinking or change your life?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Man you need to man up and quit. You have no ideal how much better you would feel if you stop drinking that poison.

Ever see how stupid you look, a fool, get down on you knee and ask that a higher power takes this from you, I did.

You will feel better about yourself and everything, what are you afraid of.

Aline yourself with that which is, the Grace , glory and Truth of the Creator are upon you, do yourself proud, hold your head up high and rejoice in all that is good, beautify, love.

You wrote this thread, now man up your question has been answered, come home to the Truth Brother, be not afraid as the Creator ever walks with you.

Rejoice you are saved. whether you want it or not you and all are saved, the Maker won't let you really fall you are his Creature that is dearly loved the choice is yours, but a light in the darkness for those more lost than you.
Gain the respect you deserve and want, you have the most powerful thing in the Univese as your back up support, fear not all is good.

Time to come home to the Truth that is before you, that undeniable thing which supports the mighty pillars of the Universe.

That booze was only a taste of the extacy that awaits you, once you find the path.

edit on 11-10-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO

Man you need to man up and quit. You have no ideal how much better you would feel if you stop drinking that poison.

Ever see how stupid you look, a fool, get down on you knee and ask that a higher power takes this from you, I did.

You will feel better about yourself and everything, what are you afraid of.

Aline yourself with that which is, the Grace , glory and Truth of the Creator are upon you, do yourself proud, hold your head up high and rejoice in all that is good, beautify, love.

You wrote this thread, now man up your question has been answered, come home to the Truth Brother, be not afraid as the Creator ever walks with you.

Rejoice you are saved. whether you want it or not you and all are saved, the Maker won't let you really fall you are his Creature that is dearly loved the choice is yours, but a light in the darkness for those more lost than you.
Gain the respect you deserve and want, you have the most powerful thing in the Univese as your back up support, fear not all is good.

Time to come home to the Truth that is before you, that undeniable thing which supports the mighty pillars of the Universe.

That booze was only a taste of the extacy that awaits you, once you find the path.

edit on 11-10-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)
Which path would that be? Christianity? Buddhism? Islam? Any of the hundreds of thousands of offshoots of the thousands of religions?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have just one drink on occasion, and that is most times.
It's just you.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zero1020

There is only one Creator call what you will.

If you don't believe , denie yourself for starters see what that gets you.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Hey man, good thread yea I was kind of trying to think which "drug" you were talking about. At first I totally didn't think Alcohol..Than I was trying to think what drug is sweet, well besides some very nice Exotic weed. I don't think of Alcohol as a drug really.

But, I have a very strong will power and I am lucky not to get addicted, I've quit* ciggs by a flick of a switch, after smoking 2 years. ##SNIPPED##

Alcohol, When I was working on the oil rigs, I did drink a lot. I'll sadly admit. I did drink a lot by my self, Just a City boy and country people don't get along to well.. So yea it sucked but i'd just be blasting music and drinking some whisky by my self on days off in a small down of 2500 people. I was lucky to have my cousins there, but they're older 32 ish and married with kids, So couldn't really get "hammered" with them.

So, it was like that for about 5 months that I was there for. I was lucky to come back to my city, I couldn't take that town, to many country people think they're "hard" it was funny. But yea, I got back to my city and I just drank socially with friends and all.

Now a days, I will have a beer or 2 afterwork few times a week by my self, I don't consider my self to be an alcoholic cause of it, I don't drink it to get drunk.

But, you really need WILL power and the power of mind to get through anything..Your mind is very intelligent!
edit on 12-10-2012 by live2beknown because: spelling

edit on Fri Oct 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

Thank you for the sentiment.

Unfortunately I have succumbed again tonight, but I don't care right now. I am happy, blissed and comfortably numb. I feel alive in a holistic way, be it tangental.

Yeh, it's the week-end !!

Peace Out

* Ned

PS - Are You Dreaming ?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I too love being drunk man, going out and I just become so much more social it's pretty awesome, Although my ex didn't like it to much as I was sometimes an asshole, but i've changed now a days not pissed off as much at the world..But I still to this day drink my problems away, it's cowardly but It's only way I can try and forget my problems. Onlything about drinking everyday is your liver will turn to dust soon.. It's why i've been cutting down, just drink socially, or to get rid of my problems..

But, As I said..It all comes down to will power, and I usually if I feel like I'm addicted or anything, I set a challenge to prove that I'm not. I would say, i'll go a week of noo drinking or 2 weeks to prove my self that I can quit if i needed too. maybe you should try something like that.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If you are worried about your liver and still drinking might I suggest eating a lot of spinach and asparagus. They help clean the toxins out of your liver. That's why your urine will look really dark after you eat it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Also, I do, but some people can't smell there urine from the asperagas..I think only 40% can smell it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

You had to mention the smell....ughhh
My husband sweated alcohol like crazy.
The smell after eating either spinach or asparagus is quite strong I wish I was one that couldn't smell it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yo, ned. This "drug" you speak of, I mean... you drink it because it makes you feel... I don't know what to tell you.
Personally, (and everyone ignores my posts because I use the "A" word everytime, but they REALLY don't realize that I'm telling them the truth about something), I drink this "alcohol" because I get forced to. A really, really long time ago I would drink it because life was hard and it was the only friend I had, but then I bumped into something thats hard to describe logically... something "aliens" related. Then, even though by that time I had quit the alcohol completely for a long time, eventually the excruciating pain (the pain they can inflict remotely is impossibly intense) was too much and I couldn't get to sleep. Once I got enough alcohol I was able to get to sleep and even though life wasn't "normal", I could get to sleep at least. Well, that's a case of forced liquor drinking. Have you ever been forced to do something like that?
But, you've gotta look on the bright side. I'm still here. I'm not very coherent and I don't think straight with "something" switching around my thoughts every split second, but I'm still here. Liquor isn't so bad when you'd be dead otherwise. If or whenever the "aliens" (yeah, the folks you don't think about and the folks you don't think exist) get out of my head, then I'll probably quit the liquor cold turkey. Simple as that.
Alcohol isn't an awful drug, and isn't even very powerful. Yeah, it can kill you, but it really isn't that powerful, it really isn't that big of a deal, and there's folks that would die without it.
But, you're not capable of comprehending some of these things...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

FTR......

This thread is about alcohol abuse.....and only alcohol abuse!!

Just to clarify...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm confused..... Doesn't everyone drink 6-10 pints a day?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I drink because i'm bored stiff.I also drink sometimes to help me sleep as my shifts are different every week and sometimes everyday.I may finish at 1am and then have to be back at 7am.When i finally change my job and get in a routine i will get back to exercising every day and meditating.
I have nothing i am escaping from,i actually love who i am and my life and most of the ups and downs in it.

If i was you i would cold turkey for a week and get your brain into a project or two.Find a programme of exercise and more specifically something like a Thai boxing club that engages your brain and not just your body.
I believe addiction for some people is in the mind,i can personally take it or leave it.I've been n vacation and drank every night for two weeks and the just instantly stopped and gone back to my healthy routine.
You can also try self hypnosis.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned
My name is Ned and I’m 42 years old. I have been addicted to a nasty drug for nearly 30 years. I first tasted this sweet substance when my parents had a party at home and I sneaked away with a small cache and experimented with my cousin in the back-streets of my neighbourhood. It made me feel good. My inhibitions abated. I felt more ‘real’ somehow. I laughed, I fell over. I wanted more.

30 years on and I’m still using – every day. I can’t wait to get home from work and partake. I slip in to a casual slumber – it feels good. My consciousness changes from tight to easy – I ‘feel’ more stuff when I’m on it. I use to try and regulate who I am.

I come from a long line of drug users. My mum always said to me that if I ever got the ‘taste for it’ then that would be the end of me. She had already seen many of her family members succumb to this wicked substance.

Many out there will know what I’m talking about, because they feel what I feel. Living in this realm of existence without this drug would seem almost unbearable. I have tried to go without it for periods of time, but life keeps forcing me back on to the tread-mill it seems.

Yes, this drug I speak of is alcohol. Legal in nearly all countries, but ever so dangerously addictive. Don’t fool yourself if you think that you can drop it, once you’ve started using. Once it’s in your blood stream it’s there forever.

I know I will get some opposition to this thread, with members attempting to support responsible use of alcohol. The truth is, nobody really uses responsibly, because it’s nearly impossible to stop at just 1 drink.

Before your next drink , think seriously about what you’re doing to your mind and body. Are you an addict too ?

[video removed by staff]

Peace

* Ned

edit on Wed Oct 10 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

Wow. You sound like a counselor congratulating themself on recognizing an addiction from which you've rescued yourself, and yet somehow convinced yourself we all suffer this same addiction. How does that delusion aid your recovery? I can't say I understand how that misperception could inform your path to wellness. It sounds like another form of denial.

Did someone tell you we're all alcoholics as soon as we take a drink?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

And that helps how? Dude has an addiction. Many do. Doesn't have to a given substance. Hell gambling can be an addiction to some. There are sex addicts. Etc. Your high horse doesn't aid anything imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just to clarify...

edit on Fri Oct 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join