It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a SHTF scenario what would be the best non firearm weapon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

the Easton hammer bat? i took about a foot out of the skinny part filled her half way with cement dust and jb welded the pommel piece back on the end.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
For longer distance, where I had the time to reload, I would choose a sling (like David and Goliath) because it only takes one piece of string about 12 feet long to weave one. You can also make one out of two shorter pieces of string and a piece of jeans or other suitable material for the pouch in a pinch. You can even braid one (or plate, depending on where you're from) using plant fibers to make one, like they do in the Balearic Islands. The ammo is free and readily available almost anywhere. And I don't care who you are: a 4 or 5 ounce rock striking at 100 miles per hour will do damage no matter where it hits.

A bow and arrow would be quicker for succession firing, but for long-term, I would choose the sling. Unless I had spare bow strings and was able to make my own arrows and/or a new bow.

For close quarters, definitely some kind of sword. Preferably one that is all one piece so I don't have to worry about the handle breaking, etc. The handle part would be wrapped for comfort, of course.

EDIT: I meant to put plaited instead of plated. I went to correct it but was told I passed the 4 hour time limit to edit a post.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You guys are all a bit crazy.

The most likely thing to happen is that someone breaks into your house looking for "goods".
You probably just want to avoid the idiot.
Any weapon you have can be taken away from you and used against you.

Wasp spray is a good at-home weapon. It has a 10 or 15 feet range so you don't have to get close enough to get hurt. Spray and run so you will live another day.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
A rope to hang yourself, because as soon as you figure out the whole Rambo thing does not work you could easily put yourself out of misery.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join