It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is infinity?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I dont think anyone can see infinity or define it!!! According to me, whatever / wherever infinity is, you are in the center of it...so you cannot see it, you just need to know where you stand IMO.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Its out there...keep going. When you get to what looks like from here might be the end....just keep going! And when you get THERE..still keep going....and going.
(Like the energizer bunny: he keeps going, and going and going.....)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Hilbert's Hotel is interesting: en.wikipedia.org...'s_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel

Another interesting idea is that an infinite numerical change (e.g. unit of time) cannot be traversed. For instance, if the past is infinite then we could never arrive at the present.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Grins.. it goes on and on

edit on 10-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

and you absolutely 100% certain of that?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Infinity is everywhere. It has no limits of any kind, which means you don't have to go anywhere to find it.
edit on 10-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Of course we can't memorise it out head would actually implode due to the amount of information in it, and that is a actual theory.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Where is infinity?

Where is big?

Have you seen small lately?

What about tiny? Large? Immense?

Infinity is a concept just as all the other things I just listed, it's not something to be found.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
Infinity is in our minds and nowhere else.

Are you sure? I could climb into a spaceship and fly forever.

If infinity didn't exist, I would crash into a wall where all space stops.

If infinity does exist I would run out of fuel and need a tow back to earth. Can you say, Embarrassing!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
A true fractal is infinity.

The only limit is our ability to view them, but the relatively simple equations that define them create images with endless detail at any level of zoom.

They are beautiful.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You are in it, you yourself, and everything else, animate and inanimate, intelligence and non intelligent energies, are all infinite parts of infinity.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The only thing I could label infinite is human credulity.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
The only thing I could label infinite is human credulity.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Humans seem to have a talent for finding an infinite source of whatever attribute will cause them the most trouble.

edit on 10-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
exactly behind you,trying to catch up!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Awareness. Because it has existed since before time, it is called without origin. Because it is without origin, it is called primordially pure. Because it is primordially pure, it's essence is indestructible and without end. Because it is without an end it is called "infinite". Because it is infinite, it is within you now and beyond absolute description.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This one is easy peasy....

Start with a normal sized politician or lawyer....then (in theory) divide him in half...then divide one of those
pieces in half......

Keep going until he is itsy-bitsy-teensy-weensy........then cut that part in half....then cut the next part
in half......keep going ad infinitum (that's like Latin for infinity and whatnot)

Or you could just follow Buzz Lightyear...To infinity and beyond..............!

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Recently, it occured to me that is a two-dimensional representation.
But, suppose you look at it three-dimensionally and imagine, as would be logical, that it does not end at enclosed ends, but continues on in both directions.

What if that symbol is not an "eight" on it's side but is a double helix?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Infinity does not exist outside of the imagination of the human mind. Quantum physics has proven this by debunking the concept of infinite linearity between two established points of existence, be they distance, motion, action, time or magnitude. And if infinite smallness is not a reality, then infinite bigness is also not a reality. This is due to the fact that infinite whatever is a quality that is possessed only by that which exists in an absolute state of being, and you can't simply restrict infinity to one gradient over the other. Either the infinite gradient of delineation exists (which quantum physics has proven that it does not) or infinity itself is a human construct that is used by mathematicians and physicists as a placeholder term, and was never intended to be taken literally by the lay public (as it obviously has). The word itself does also have dictionary meanings that present it as a metaphor for immeasurable quantity or quality, but again, the word represents a construct in that case as well.

So, where is infinity? It's in your mind's playground.
edit on 10/10/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

You're in an infinite system, and there is infinite energy within the vacuum of space, and though science has glimpsed this, they always try to pound the round peg in the square hole of their erroneous big bang nonsense. Not only that , but we're in a hologram.

deoxy.org...

According to our current understanding of physics, every region of space is awash with different kinds of fields composed of waves of varying lengths. Each wave always has at least some energy. When physicists calculate the minimum amount of energy a wave can possess, they find that every cubic centimeter of empty space contains more energy than the total energy of all the matter in the known universe!

I've actually chosen this, because its true, but ever so well put compared to what I've been doing, wading through science articles that always try put it all back to the big bang and then do some erroneous math.

www.levashov.info...

This article on Einstein and the false science, and who should have become world known for his work, Dayton C Miller.

Almost everyone knows about the supposed confirmation of Einstein’s theory by the Michelson-Morley experiments, which is taken for granted in scientific texts. However, almost nobody knows that the total distance through which light passed in the Michelson-Morley interferometer was 22 meters.

Moreover, these experiments were conducted in the basement of a stone building that was practically at sea level. Further, they were performed during a period of four days (July, 8, 9, 11, 12) in 1887, when the data of the interferometer were recorded over a period of 6 hours with 36 turns of the device. This experimental base supposedly confirms the non-existence of the ether drift and, hence, the "correctness" of Einstein’s Special and General Relativity Theories.

Since the facts are very crucial here, let us appeal to them. In 1933 the American physicist Dayton C. Miller (1866-1941) published the results of his experiments on the so-called ether drift, carried out during a period of over twenty years. His research was published in the journal "Reviews of Modern Physics". All these experiments confirmed the existence of an ether drift.

He began his experiments in 1902 and finished them in 1926. For these experiments he created an interferometer with a general trajectory for the beam of light of 64 meters. This was the most accurate interferometer in the world at that time and at least three times more sensitive than the interferometer used in the Michelson-Morley’s experiments.

Interferometer data were taken at different times of the day and at different times of the year. Miller performed more than 200,000 observations and made more than 12,000 turns of the interferometer. He periodically brought the interferometer to the top of Wilson’s mountain (6,000 feet above sea level), where, as he had supposed, the speed of ether wind was greater.

And now let us look at what the facts tell us.

On the one hand, we have the Michelson-Morley’s experiments, which altogether were performed for 6 hours, during 4 days, with 36 turns of the interferometer.

And on the other hand, we have experimental data recorded by the interferometer over a period of 24 years, with the device being turned 12,000 times! At the same time, Miller’s interferometer was 3 times more sensitive! These are the facts.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.orgonelab.org...

"The effect [of ether-drift] has persisted throughout. After considering all the possible sources of error, there always remained a positive effect." — Dayton Miller (1928, p.399)

"My opinion about Miller's experiments is the following. ... Should the positive result be confirmed, then the special theory of relativity and with it the general theory of relativity, in its current form, would be invalid. Experimentum summus judex. Only the equivalence of inertia and gravitation would remain, however, they would have to lead to a significantly different theory."
— Albert Einstein, in a letter to Edwin E. Slosson, 8 July 1925 (from copy in Hebrew University Archive, Jerusalem.) See citations below for Silberstein 1925 and Einstein 1926.

"I believe that I have really found the relationship between gravitation and electricity, assuming that the Miller experiments are based on a fundamental error. Otherwise, the whole relativity theory collapses like a house of cards."
— Albert Einstein, in a letter to Robert Millikan, June 1921 (in Clark 1971, p.328)

Yes well, Mr Einstein was certainly IN ERROR.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Where is infinity?

Everywhere.

Next question.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join