It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A danger of realizing unity consciousness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
All is one. You are the all. When this is realized and applied correctly, the individualized identity becomes obliterated. Therein lies the danger.

It is okay for the individualized identity to shift, but as your mind integrates the newfound identity, it can do so in two ways. One way is dangerous. The other is uplifting and is a source of unending enlightenment.

Upon realizing that all is one, you now see that I am you and you are me. We are not separate. This realization becomes dangerous when you project your previous, individualized identity onto others. This is a false awareness.

The true awareness is that you are now what others are. The false awareness is that others are now what you (as individual) are.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Here is an easy, fun to do excercise.

Simply look at an inanimate object and say, "I am this". See yourself as the inanimate object.

If done correctly, you will notice that this inanimate object now has a living quality. This quality is the essence of life itself.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I like doing exercises like this.

The concept of completely obliterating ones previous ego based human identity is interesting to me. I work on it sometimes, trying to see myself more as total life. It is difficult to accomplish, and I always find corrupting thoughts wandering into my mind.

Some moments in this ideology have been pretty powerful, though. Good post.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Couldn't help but be reminded of a story of Jung.

Psychologist Carl Gustav Jung had a strong affinity with stone. When he was seven years old there was a special stone which he imagined could think. Jung would sit on the stone for hours and wonder, "Am I the one who is sitting on the stone, or am I the stone on which he is sitting?" He never reached a conclusion.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
To walk in the shoes of another, and find those shoes fit. Revelation

If I am not to be myself these days, I prefer to be the guy in the parade with the shovel, walking behind the horses. At least I get to see it coming.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Be the change you wish to see.

All is one. But in the All, we currently have it ALL (good/bad - yin/yang).

This is EARTH we have it all, you think that once this is realized we're all going to be good?? No of course there's a coming purge. Question is... what do your energies align with??

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

There are no 'others' in oneness.
There is only what is happening.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Oneness threads always seem to turn into a thread of overused platitudes.

A rock has no life-like qualities even when one tricks himself into believing he is one with it.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
We are simply NOT ONE. We are unique and wonderful rays, once we start to grow and love. The only person we are ONE with is our Higher Self, Greater Soul, Infinite Soul, for we are all infinite parts of infinity. Though we need equality, and a good system, we always honor individuality and freedom, its not beehive. Beehive is very dangerous.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
Oneness threads always seem to turn into a thread of overused platitudes.

A rock has no life-like qualities even when one tricks himself into believing he is one with it.

Externally and at the subatomic level, the rock is in a state of order and high, perpetual, selfsustaining activity. When I think of the essence of life, and how that feels, this is what comes to mind.

top topics

join