It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS Reporter Lara Logan Rails Against 'Major Lie" of Last Two Years In Candid SPeech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I found this story about an honored veteran CBS middle eastern correspondent coming out...and speaking up against what she calls "a major lie" being told to the American people by the American government, regarding middle eastern foreign policy.

This woman has enormous credibility and has felt that it was time she spoke out!

During a recent keynote address at the Better Government Association annual luncheon last Tuesday, Logan delivered what the Chicago Sun Times called “a provocative speech” to some 1,100 movers in government, politics, media, and the legal and corporate arenas. She explained that the Taliban, al Qaeda and its proxies haven’t gone away and are in fact re-energized and coming back in force. Logan also informed the crowd that a “lie” is being propagated by the American government.

“I chose this subject because, one, I can’t stand, that there is a major lie being propagated…” Logan announced. The lie is that the U.S. military has tamed the Taliban. “There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan began. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,“ who claim ”they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban.” “It’s such nonsense!”

Source:
www.theblaze.com...

More:
www.suntimes.com...

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 9-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
One can only imagine how much the Taliban will advance if Obama is re-elected and cuts our military budget to shreds.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

“I chose this subject because, one, I can’t stand, that there is a major lie being propagated…” Logan announced. The lie is that the U.S. military has tamed the Taliban. “There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan began. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,“ who claim ”they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban.” “It’s such nonsense!”

I agree with her to an extent.

The current admin has claimed Al qaeda is all but destroyed truth is they are stronger than ever. The taliban is the same now and when the war began.

link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
I found this story about an honored veteran CBS middle eastern correspondent coming out...and speaking up against what she calls "a major lie" being told to the American people by the American government, regarding middle eastern foreign policy.

This woman has enormous credibility and has felt that it was time she spoke out!

During a recent keynote address at the Better Government Association annual luncheon last Tuesday, Logan delivered what the Chicago Sun Times called “a provocative speech” to some 1,100 movers in government, politics, media, and the legal and corporate arenas. She explained that the Taliban, al Qaeda and its proxies haven’t gone away and are in fact re-energized and coming back in force. Logan also informed the crowd that a “lie” is being propagated by the American government.

Source:
www.theblaze.com...

More:
www.suntimes.com...

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 9-10-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

Most everybody who has served in Afghanistan could tell you that the Taliban are far from finished. Just like most Vets from the Viet-nam era said much the same about the Viet-Cong and NVA.

We have entered a new age of warfare (Or maybe what warfare was always about).

Maybe we should go old school and actually wage war if that is what we bound and determined to do.

Meaning, we fight with all means at our disposal until the enemy surrenders...unconditionally.

link   
People just now realizing you cant kill people until they like you?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
The 'lie' is so that we can 'save face' and get out of Dodge. Exactly what we did in Iraq. These wars were pointless and un-winnable. Not that we don't have the military prowess to utterly desrroy both countries and their people. We do. But we still won't win. The enemy is borderless and stateless. The USSR learned this after it destroyed their country. Clearly we're stupid enough to go down the same path. Irrespective of waht some desperately want to believe, the United States cannot wage these wars and NEVER should have tried. Not because of military considerations (since moral considerations apparently don't even factor in) but because of plain, simple economics. We cannot afford these wars. When they started or especially not now. If we try to continue to fund these wars we will be destroyed economically. We're almost there already.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

One can only imagine what you could do with all that extra money cut from the military budget.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well if this is a true statement...."Time to go!"

I am personally sick and tired of the wars and the cost of the wars. Unimaginable pain and suffering to our young men and women, staggering financial burden, deteriorating foreign relationships. I'm done with it. I do not care what happens to Israel. If "they" are so concerned, give them Florida for their nation...hell they own most of it anyway.

I never understood why we thought we'd fair any better than Russia did. Afghanistan is called "the graveyard of Empires" for a reason.

It's time to do as other Empires of the last few centuries have done. Reel in the lines and head for the house. We have our own lands to take care of for awhile.

As far as oil goes...we've bled those oil fields to peak or beyond. It's time to plunder other sources.

edit on 10/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are, I fear, in essence correct. The US has been pulled into game of "death by a 1000 cuts" against an enemy that has proven largely faceless. It is the classic confrontation of large established military against smaller forces. Even if you go back as far as Rome - eventually the barbarians won.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

The truly saddest aspect of this is that TPTB know this. They've known it all along. We suffered through the Vietnam War and watched the USSR bankrupted by their Afghanistan adventure. The people pulling the strings of government have no interest in 'winning'. This is a business strategy. Win or lose a small faction makes obscene profits from these wars and they'll do whatever they can to keep them going. They don't much care about the deaths and mutilations of our military men and women or the devastation we bring on other countries' peoples. It amazes me that know one wonders why our military forces are turning to suicide in such numbers. They see the truth.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Obama is lying to us about the success of his middle east foreign policy.

“I said we’d refocus on the people who actually attacked us on 9/11 — and today, al Qaeda is on its heels and Osama bin Laden is no more.” The extraordinary thing about Obama’s claim is that it was made less than a month after al Qaeda carried out a terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya that killed the American ambassador to that country, as well as three other Americans. That attack coincided with the same day–9/11–of al Qaeda’s most successful attack again America, which happened 11 years earlier in New York City. More over, in the same month, al Qaeda carried out at least 3 other successful attacks against American embassies abroad. “[T]he U.S. consulate in Libya was not the only diplomatic facility assaulted by al Qaeda-affiliated groups in September,” Thomas Joscelyn reported. “Terrorists with ties to al Qaeda’s senior leaders, including al Qaeda emir Ayman al Zawahiri, were involved in at least three other U.S. embassy sieges in Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, and possibly elsewhere.”

Source:
hotair.com...

Lara Logan is a hero for daring to speak out against these lies.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The taliban are only growing in power because of military presence. The only way to fix that is to end the wars. Since that won't happen, expect more talibad news.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Let's see, why do/did these 'extremists' hate us, anyway?

OH right. Because we were in their lands, influencing and getting involved with governments such as Saudi Arabia - which of course houses 2 of Islam's holiest cities, Mecca and Medina.

So, we were supposed to believe that they had some how calmed down after us STILL being over there all this time? Blowing all of their $hit up?

We're supposed to believe that we can beat fundamentalist Islam, can defeat terrorism, with more war and terrorism?

Hm...
edit on 9-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Don't be a trolling twit. This isn't some daring revelation. This has been business as usual. It's got nothing to do with Obama. Bush started the wars under false pretexts. He had his big 'mission accomplished' moment as everything was unraveling in both wars. There hasn't been shred of truth since the beginning and any senior office that has gone off-point hasa found themselves 'reasssigned'. The whole endeavor has been a massive cluster frack from the beginning. What you're seeing is simply a continuation of the spin for the benefit of the people who are profiting from it. If you harbor even the slightest belief that Romney would be any different you are sadly, sadly deluded. Don't be so gullible.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

If you harbor even the slightest belief that Romney would be any different you are sadly, sadly deluded. Don't be so gullible.

Romney has said he would fund Al-Quaeda fighters in Syria.

Maybe free money will make them like us more?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

We could start by hiring teachers that speak Pashto to teach our children in our new Sharia-contolled schools.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by IAMTAT

Don't be a trolling twit. This isn't some daring revelation. This has been business as usual. It's got nothing to do with Obama. Bush started the wars under false pretexts. He had his big 'mission accomplished' moment as everything was unraveling in both wars. There hasn't been shred of truth since the beginning and any senior office that has gone off-point hasa found themselves 'reasssigned'. The whole endeavor has been a massive cluster frack from the beginning. What you're seeing is simply a continuation of the spin for the benefit of the people who are profiting from it. If you harbor even the slightest belief that Romney would be any different you are sadly, sadly deluded. Don't be so gullible.

Trolling twit? How does someone troll the thread they started?
Really. Use your brain, friend.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Yeah, but who knows if the U.S. and our allies want to give up on all of those resources that are reportedly there in abundance... Oil, Opium, Lithium, Copper etc. I imagine them saying something akin to this:
"I came here for those solid-gold goodies, and I ain't leaving without them. On account of I am greedy."
-Daffy Duck

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I don't recall this 'major lie' ever having been told. I recall a time when the military was claiming making significant progress and the news reporting that the Taliban had all but fled out of Afghanistan and that al Qaeda was on the run. This was under Bush. I recall thousands of troops being withdrawn from Afghanistan to fight a new war in Iraq. I recall Obama after being elected stating that the Taliban were reasserting themselves in Afghanistan and that he was going to refocus on keeping them out, I recall him withdrawing troops in Iraq to re-deploy in Afghanistan and since that time mostly what we hear is that the fight remains to get the Taliban out. I wasn't told these things personally, by a General or the President... I heard about them on the news.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That's what I was trying to recall myself. What the OP probably also needed to be accompanied with it's story were a few examples to back her claims:

Taliban are Weak and Divided 2011

Taliban Splintering 2011

However, a few minutes of searching seems to reveal more claims that they are actually stronger than the US estimated, so I'm not sure what the actual ratio is, but it would make sense to me that the current admin would claim they are at least 'weakening' to pass down to us a false sense of their progress. Doesn't surprise me either way.

Kinda like this guy:

edit on 10-10-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join