CBS Reporter Lara Logan Rails Against 'Major Lie" of Last Two Years In Candid SPeech

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Don't be a trolling twit.

I don't think you understand what a 'trolling twit' is.
This thread isn't trolling. It's a viable discussion subject.
A veteran war news correspondent has made a rather powerful statement.
It's very much discussion worthy.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
People just now realizing you cant kill people until they like you?

Or they're realizing you that if someone hates you on the level Muslim Arabs hate the United States... you can't make friends.

To them there is only victory or death - pandering to them in a lame attempt to curry favor just gets you killed quicker while making you look stupid at the same time.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by jtma508

If you harbor even the slightest belief that Romney would be any different you are sadly, sadly deluded. Don't be so gullible.

Romney has said he would fund Al-Quaeda fighters in Syria.

Maybe free money will make them like us more?

Hey, can't win em' over with kindness, can't bomb em' out of existence... how about we pay em' off? Hell, we have an endless supply of money (Thanks Fed!).

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I don't recall this 'major lie' ever having been told. I recall a time when the military was claiming making significant progress and the news reporting that the Taliban had all but fled out of Afghanistan and that al Qaeda was on the run. This was under Bush. I recall thousands of troops being withdrawn from Afghanistan to fight a new war in Iraq. I recall Obama after being elected stating that the Taliban were reasserting themselves in Afghanistan and that he was going to refocus on keeping them out, I recall him withdrawing troops in Iraq to re-deploy in Afghanistan and since that time mostly what we hear is that the fight remains to get the Taliban out. I wasn't told these things personally, by a General or the President... I heard about them on the news.

What about the Libyan incident that's now falling all over the place and it looks like the entire story of a "video" was a known and intentional lie?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
we must finish what we started over there. That or face it on the home front.

There is a similar lie with all terrorist organizations across the world.

IRA, reorganized, and are rearming..... new name, new people, but same motive, so still the IRA.

ETA, is supposedly done with, though they forget to convey that it is culturally inscribed into all Basque life for the most part.....Go to a bar there, and you will see a tin for donations for ETA prisoners and their families....

I can imagine how such a charged and seemingly motivated people would not throw in the towel in just under 10 years. They have been fighting for a VERY long time. It is a cultural dilemma now, not a social phenomenon. Not a fad that can just go away.

I don't know why people still believe things like that when they are told to them by profesional liars. It is way too good to be true, always is.

edit on 10-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Apparently, I am pretty much by myself in not affording Ms. Logan as having all that much credibility.
I had several questions about her "attack" in Egypt.
I thought her likely a propagandist.
If that is indeed the case, then this is perfect disinfo.
It is meant not to malign the US government policies so much as be another war-drum beater, which is the ultimate desired outcome of her speech, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Civics lesson: the President doesn't control the budget. Congress controls the budget. Congress also forces the Defense Department to accept weapons and planes and systems that the Defense Department says it doesn't WANT but because the defense corporations set up factories in various congressional locations, the congressmen can't allow the jobs to be lost. So, the jobs are kept, the stuff keeps getting bought by, under duress, by the Defense Department. This does NOT help their budget! Nor do the ridiculous cost overruns, the total lies on maintenance costs.... and so on. Saying the President is in charge of cutting Defense is Bull. And of course, our defense budget is equal to the combined spending of the next 20 largest defense budgets of other countries. I firmly believe in a strong military, but I also strongly believe in getting rid of the waste and fraud. Don't blame the Prez, blame Congress!

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Unfortunatley as credible as this reporter is, she is not very smart nor honest, lies have been pervasive since 911 it is not a recent phenomenon , we have fought many countries, regimes and won wars in the past, but it will be difficult to ever say we could defeat a religion or those that interpret their religion to the letter in an extreme manner.

The U.S. probably realizes this, as much as we would like it to go away, the Taliban and other extremist groups will continue to exist in some shape or form, morphing into some other named label for their organization.

One dynamic of what people are not talking about is the sucking hole that we are throwing taxpayer money into, the last 12 or 13 years of our economy into what is amounting to a hopeless cause and possibly eternal war zone of the middle east, we do not have a clearly defined enemy or a clearly defined strategy beyond handing out punishment for 911 and radical Islam, we went to the wrong country to begin with, if Afghanistan and the Taliban that was truly the base and target group for Al Quaeda and extremism, Iraq should not have been the first war to be waged in the first place if one had to be fought to begin with, we all know that especially after the it has since been revealed that the weapons of mass destruction case was a lie.

Early on after 911 the rumors were also pointing to Pakistan as the actual location of Bin Laden and also remember that Pakistan was not really our friends prior to 911 but somehow we started to get cooperation with them so why did it take us so long to find him ?

These events and efforts to stop the Taliban did happen way before 2 years ago, so before this reporter rails and runs around making speeches why does she not bring some truth and honesty to the matter? tell the truth that we are fighting wars that have no real definition and quite possibly might be a losing battle because of the order that they were prosecuted and they started long before two years ago, talk about the whole story not just one aspect please.
edit on 11-10-2012 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
First and foremost. These arent 'Wars" there "occupations" and there "Illegal occupations at that. Sorry for the one liner mods. And the off topic comment. But it's the truth no one wants to speak of.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The sooner you people learn that WAR = PROFIT the sooner you will realize we will never be out of war.

Why do you think these "wars" (they aren't really, they are conflicts) are so drawn out? The longer a war drags on the more profit there is to be made. It's just that simple. The United States has the global currency, our Central "Bank" (aka The Federal Reserve) sets monetary policy not just for America, but for the majority of the world as well.

Huge multinational companies and defense contractors game both sides of a conflict. These corporations are so huge that it's almost impossible to find out which "subsidiary" one is working for and where the money goes.
It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The link between sitting officials / politicians and the defense companies who we "hire" to do this dirtywork have been well established. I am not presenting theories, I am presenting facts.

I for one feel that this is more disinformation and propaganda to force us to continue fighting a war WE ALL KNOW we have no business fighting. If we are that concerned about terrorists - then we need to bolster defensivness at home. Put people to work creating better techonologies that can prevent terrorism without sacrificing privacy or liberty. It can be done. The sooner we ALL start thinking this way, the better our world will become.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

So Russia, having lost in Afghanistan is now under Sharia control?. Grow up. Do you really expect people to believe that pulling our troops out of the middle east will result in hordes of Muslims on camels riding down Main St whipping those who have failed to memorize the Koran?
If we pull our troops out of Afghanistan how long should we have to wait before memorizing the Koran becomes mandatory in public schools? Do you really believe that pulling our troops out of the middle east will result in American women forced to wear veils? Are you really that stupid or did you make that ridiculous post hoping others were?

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join