It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Death-Threats. I needed to explain them and possibly get advice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To start with a little history, the guy I'm talking about was in prison in Jamaica for rolling with a hit-squad. He claims to have connections all over the US. He doesn't. He claims that his dad has cartel connections, but his dad lives on a $50/month disability check, so I doubt that's true, as well.

Over the course of a couple years, he's gotten extremely hostile, randomly dissing me on Twitter. Once, maybe a year ago, I mentioned, indirectly, on Twitter that he was essentially the one white-kid that likes to pretend to be black, or something to that effect. I got three voicemails, threatening to have someone "sent" to Atlanta to end my life. I disregarded it, considering that I didn't even live in ATL at the time.

The next few months passed without anything, and then he'd start instigating stuff on Twitter. Normally he'd post a link to some of my work, laughing at it and all. I honestly couldn't care about that, but every time I'd respond to his ignorant disses in a mature, reasonable matter, he'd get angry. The next threat was "Can't wait to be in ATL in a week, watching you bleed out at my feet." I screenshotted it for later use.

This guy carries Glocks and is public about it, so he could, if he wanted.

Two days ago, he posts a link to my Amazon author page, laughing at me for some completely random thing. I don't directly reply, but I do Tweet something, I believe. I think that I just RT'd his Tweet, looking back on it. He then Tweeted the address of my mom's house, mentioning me with "Hi, (username)."

Last night, he posted a link to a very old blog article where I was explaining the drama between us. I had since deleted it and hidden it from view, but he still dug it out through the archiving machine. He Tweeted some joke, asking how my family was. I, knowing way more about him, Tweeted back "How are your 3 male roommates or [Lucy] in Toronto?" He didn't know that anybody knew about [Lucy], so that worried him. [Lucy] is a girl he met online who's going to be renting a condo for him. I changed the name to protect her, for now.

A few hours later, someone who I'd trusted in the past, even though he played both sides of the field, reporting stuff to the kid and to me at the same time, texted me, telling me that Josh had a guy an hour from my house and that I need to shut my mouth or he'd make the call and end my life tonight.

This slightly scared me, but for the life of my mom and her younger kids, not my own. I have insurance in place that basically ensures my safety.

This morning, I wake up from texts from my Canadian friends who're keeping an eye out for me, saying that Josh deleted his Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Should this be a warning? I believe that it shouldn't; at first, he claimed that he could send a guy to ATL. Then, he said that he would come down. If he could send a guy, why would he come down? Then, he tells my "friend" that he has a guy an hour from my house. If this was really the case, why would he come down? I believe that he's contradicting himself.

Also, he's threatened numerous other people, and said that he had men out to get them that night. I believe he's bluffing, but I don't want to be careless and overlook something. Thoughts?
edit on 8-10-2012 by calebdaniels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by calebdaniels

I'd suggest the fact that he has more than passing knowledge of the whereabouts of your family, and that he openly carries handguns (plural?) and is quite openly making threats against you... Those should all be enough of an answer for your question. Be concerned.

Fear is no way to live, but fear is a good way to survive.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yes, many thoughts... mainly... stop getting involved in childish online arguments with low life knob heads... he's not worth your time mate.....

Carry on....

PA

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It sounds to me it is some wannabe getting kicks out of scaring you. Or rather trying to scare you. If he is stupid enough to broadcast this over the net, then his consequences will be well deserved. I would only say to not provoke him, and ignore him. But be aware of your surroundings and who's in them,just to be safe.

Or, involve the police.
edit on 10/8/2012 by hhcore because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

I'll admit, I'm slightly nervous. But half of me believes that is all he's trying to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectAnomoly

I've ignored most of his random insults, and I know it takes two to fight, but I do have to attempt to defend my reputation, to some degree.

Understood, however.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

The wanna-be idea is the most believable, in my opinion.

I'd involve the police, but I have no evidence, other than Tweets from an account that has been deleted.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

stop trembling!

why are you just sitting there waiting to for him to come?

find out his [or his mama's address].
dont post them! keep your knowledge secret!
then keep an eye on him, so that should he enter your territory, you'll already know, and have the upper hand.

some will advise letting the cops do it, but that's for weaklings who suck the state's u-know-what.
if you don't have any means of defending yourself like your own gun, you'll have to suck it in, and get helped by the authorities.

my point is you are reacting when you need to get proactive, this creep has in essence, threatened your mom.
so deal with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Thank you. And, I'm trying to be slightly proactive. I have his mom's address, but he's publicly commented on how he doesn't care about her and hates her. Also, she lives in Hawaii...

I don't want to go to the cops, as they won't be able to revive me from the dead or protect me. Plus, in this town, they have more important things to do, like stop people from speeding.

Indirectly threatening my mother is the one thing that set me off.

I'm armed and ready.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
People like this nutjob who make numerous threats like that hardly ever follow through. It is the person who makes no threats or just one or two vague threats that you have to worry about (generally speaking). Sounds like he is just trying to sound tough. If he could do what he claims he would have already.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Maybe try lifting your arse for at least 5 minutes from your chair and start interacting with the "real world out there" ?

Apparently your life consist mainly out of twitter and facebook and iphones and virtual name-calling using pseudonyms and avatars.

I, for my part, would have simply ignored the issue. I have a hard time imagining this thing going on for this extended period of time if you had not willingly and repeatedly counterattacked and reacted to each and every ridiculous little statement the subject made. So now you're left with a mere set of two options:

Option 1: Just ignore it and hope it goes away from all alone. Might take a while.

Option 2: Grow a pair of balls and tell the guy to meet at a specific location at a specific time. Then you can discuss it like civilized men.

Using neither of these options, but coming to a *conspiracy related message board* ( !! ) in order to gain advice speaks volumes about your character.

Jut my two cents.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In my own experience, the ones who give it the 'big'n' are the ones who won't do a thing. If I was going to kill someone the last thing I would do is post it all over the internet.
Just stop getting in contact with him. If he links your work and laughs, so what. Ignore it.
Replying is only going to put the ball in his court.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Why are you replying to these silly messages? It's like some kid at school or something. If he was going to do these thing he wouldn't tell you, he would just do it.

Some sad people actually seem to love these dumb arguments over the internet and unfortunately you have got sucked in yourself. I know it's annoying when people like this give you hassle, but they want you to respond back, you're doing exactly what he wants you to do! Just ignore him, why do you care what he says? He'll soon get bored and move on to someone else.

Threats should be taken seriously however, especially towards your family, not matter how childish this idiot is. Personally I don';t like getting the police involved unless it's really needed, but have you considered reporting the threats at least to them? Even though it is just silly threats and immature online arguments, you don't want to risk that 0.01% of a chance that something serious might happen if he ends up being embarrassed and over reacting like a lot of stupid young people do.

Also I would bet my bottom dollar that drugs or at least alcohol play a large part in this behaviour which is why the threats should be taken seriously as drunk and high people do dumb things in the heat of the moment, which is why responding to him is a big no no as well. Don't give him any reason so keep doing it. Even though it's annoying you wont get anything out of saying anything back to him because he obviously doesn't care what you have to say, he just wants a reason to keep this whole pathetic charade up.

Get the police involved, he'll soon move over to pick on someone else who is less willing to get it sorted out. Stay out of the silly arguments too, it will make you look just as immature and silly.

I hope you and your family are ok. Always think about their welfare as well. Get the police involved and he'll back off. He sounds like a total wanabe rather than a genuine criminal.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It would be foolish not to report this. Better to be safe than sorry. Imagine how badly you would feel if something happened to your Mom and you could have prevented it? You don't want anything bad to happen to yourself either. The guy has threatened your life. Report it!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Why did you mention that you have his Mums address, but he doesn't care about her anyway? That implies that if he did care you would in turn make him worry for her safety, which makes you just as bad as him.

You say the police have more important things to worry about, but then say that they can't save you from being shot!?!? Make up your mind! You just said that it's not serious and then go on to imply that it could lead to murder! The police will scare him away as he is all mouth. I suspect that you don't want to go to the police though as he will dis you online for contacting them, but when it comes to your families safety from harassment or worse you shouldn't care about being made to look bad online or anything.

I can tell from how you are responding that you are actually enjoying some of this drama to a certain extent as well, like your last line for example, it's almost like you have a 'come take me if you can' attitude and that's very silly indeed. The reason he isn't leaving you alone is because you are fuelling him by responding, replying etc. Stop and have a think about how this is making you look, even though he is instigating it you are going to come out looking equally as childish and ridiculous. I think I would be right to say that you are embarrassed when he makes fun of you online to other people.

Cut all contact with him and also with your 'friends' who are feeding him information because they obviously arn't friends and don't care about you at all. They just want to see a load of drama kick off which is totally pathetic. You can end this now by ignoring him and if it persists contact the police, you should do anyway as he has made death threats, the police do have time to handle such serious threats and since they have been made towards your family then you owe it to them to at least take it seriously in this respect rather than worrying about looking bad on facebook or whatever for running to the police. He's counting on you feeling this way so when you do it then he will panic and stop this childish game.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Update on this. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Dude set up multiple hits to take place at different schools and places of work. I talked to the cops, they didn't give a #. So, for y'all who told me it was dumb not to, there you go.

An ex cop that I know talked to him for the post part of the night and was able to mediate something.

top topics

join