It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel and Palestine?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Here's a link to a good article I posted a while back about the carve up of the Middle East in 1922.

"It was late November 1922 and the map of the Middle East was about to be redrawn by a middle-aged British colonial servant who was determined to put an end to the impasse"

www.sundayherald.com...

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by kegs]

I must thank you for this link. I printed it the first time you posted it and gave it to one of my grad profs who specializes in ME/Ottoman history. He liked it a lot.

It equaled brownie points for observer!!!!

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by observer]

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
When the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 60, the last of the TRUE Hebrew Israelites were scattered and killed. Its even said that the sea of Galilee turned red because of the blood.

Ever since then, Israel has not been the home of the true children of Abraham, only people who have adopted his religion.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Abstract, they DID have universities, jobs, schools, and a decent infrastructure. But when they stated the Intfada (uprising) all that was destroyed. So from my eyes, their political action - motivated by wanting a political end - put them in the situation they are in now.

Mind you it is a chicken and egg situation, did they jump, or were they pushed. I think that Arafat made a poltical decision to start an uprising to achieve his own ambitions, and used the event of Sharon gong to the Temple mount as the excuse he was waiting for to start it.

The palastinians have been the ball for every Arab wannabe leader with a political bat to swing.

Others will say that the arabs were pushed into it by Israeli injustices.

All I can really say is that they were a heck of a lot better off then than they are now, so if this state of war is preferrable then they have a strange mindset.

Originally posted by abstract_alao

Originally posted by Gazrok
if they'd devote their resources to building schools instead of bombs, and teaching their kids how to read and write, instead of throwing grenades...they wouldn't be so poor?

The poverty dosen't come from that !?!? They have things like curfews and Tanks rolling around in the streets. How the hell is a kid supposed to learn in that type of enviorment. Plus where they saty is like a reservation ghetto. No Jobs no hope

[Edited on 30-4-2003 by Netchicken]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join