It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you don't need a licence, insurance, tax, etc to "drive" in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Apparently a man called "Dave" has found a rather large loophole in the law, and has been able to "travel in his own private vehicle" without these things, despite having "run-ins" with the police.

To do this, he says he has had to rescind his drivers license and deregister his car amongst other things. He also seems to have a very good practical knowledge of the law.

It's a long watch, but IMO fascinating to see how the police react to an encounter with him.

Here's more from Dave on the subject of "our right to travel".

Finally, "About Freemen on The Land UK"

It seems that the DVLA admit that the common law "right to travel" still exists.

There are downsides, and it's not for everyone as Dave admits.

I'm not sure I'd want to try it, but apparently there are other people besides Dave, who are using the roads without any of the documents that everybody assumes they need, and getting away with it!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
After the first, "hello, we are processing your request," paragraph, the letter says :

I acknowledge that the common law right to travel still exists. However, if the travelling is to be done in/on a mechanically propelled vehicle on a public road, the vehicle must be registered and licensed.

The Freeman movement isn't the worst nuisance in the world, but it is in the top ten.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
plus , if you have an accident you need to pay up yourself , no insurance means YOU yourself pay a lump sum to the "victim". Dodgey grounds if you ask me ........ he`s also recinded his birth certifacte or something , this man is an absolute idiot .

If you`re willing to go to this extent i would like to say to you , as a british citizen , and on behalf of all british citizens .... get the f*** out ---->

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
For any Americans reading this who might get excited, be forewarned... The FBI considers "Sovereign citizens" to be domestic terrorists.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
There is a certain kind of knowledge you have to have in order to do these things, most look for the easiest way out, and yes exploit it for their own gain, but there are people our there that are truly concerned with what is happening in this world, if there was nothing about this, then there should be no worries.... yet there are.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

I have a question. Who in their right mind would drive without insurance? Accidents happen. What happens if you have an accident, you would be screwed, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ReptileSkinShoes

So what, if he has an accident he has to pay up himself, i think you dont like it as you see him as a tax avoider, after all, rescinded birth certificate, means you no longer exist as far as the tax man or any government official/department is concerned. Fair play to him i say. I would do the same if i was able to.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Shame how there isn't a video showing him in court getting sentenced.

This. Does. Not. Work.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Yep, you'd probably have to pay almost all of the money you had to compensate the victims. Which, in his case, might be 47 cents.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FFS4000
reply to post by ReptileSkinShoes

So what, if he has an accident he has to pay up himself, i think you dont like it as you see him as a tax avoider, after all, rescinded birth certificate, means you no longer exist as far as the tax man or any government official/department is concerned. Fair play to him i say. I would do the same if i was able to.

Tax avoider ? to live in England wether you recind your birth certifacte or not , you NEED to pay tax .

When you buy anything , you pay tax , you would still need to pay council tax , you would still have a "name" of some kind so you can be addressed and you still need to answer to British law , i dont get where you`re coming from with that utter bowl-locks.

Put it this way , he has £2000 in his bank account , he crashes into YOUR car doing £6000 worth of damage and writing it off , no insurance , no cash to pay , you lose your vehicle and effectivly your livelyhood since you cant get to work and what not.

But you`d get out of your car , pat him on the back , and say " well done for sticking it to the tax man " with your partial knowladge ?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

It just seems like alot of hassle to me. How hard is it to just get a license and insurance? It's not. The only thing I see here is a guy looking for a reason to be a douche to some pretty nice police officers that were just trying to do their job. I only wish the cops around here were as nice as those guys were to "Dave". He reminds me of the CopBlock idiots here. They go around with cameras being jerks to police officers just to try and get a negative reaction out of them on tape. I can't stand those guys.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I've seen this before and it is a good video. I wouldn't waste your breath on here though I'm afraid. In my experience most are socialst/communist/entitleist. They don't see what is happening here and refuse to see the point. You can see that in their replies.

One guy even spoke on behalf of the entire country, telling the chap to leave! This guy must be really important huh?

Then another asks who in their right mind would drive without insurance. I guess this is implying the guy is unhinged when clearly he is very rational and articulate.

What they fail to understand or acknowledge is this guy is doing us a great service! He is pushing the control system back because it has got out of hand! I would love anyone to tell me why our society is so great and righteous! Our system is reliant on FORCE, for everything! Why do you get a drivers license? Because if not you will be dragged away like this unfortunate chap! You pay taxes and do quite a lot of other things you wouldn't really want to do for the same reason! This is not a civilized way to behave! 'do as I say or I'll come and kidnap you and lock you up!'... And if the system was so wonderful then why the need for force? lol

On to the specific question of insurance, I can assure you that in a free open society this man would no doubt have insurance! It would most likely be rolled in with his house/health/life insurance! The problem is we are NOT in a free and open society! For him to purchase insurance he NEEDS his license! It is a racket! It will eventually price most people off the roads so only the rich may enjoy such luxuries! Let me ask you, if you were driving around with no insurance knowing and accepting (as dave most certainly does) responsibility for your actions, how would you drive? What if you hit a porche due to careless driving and had to pay for the damage out of your own pocket? How would you drive? Now let us look at someone who is protected by insurance? When they hit the porche due to careless driving their insurance company pays up! How will they drive?

What is happening here is legitimate, moral and peaceful non-compliance! I salute this man whether he is 100% accurate or not! He is trying to make a difference and for legitimate reasons!

I speak on behalf of the UK and beg the guy to stay and fight the good fight with us! (See what I did there?)
edit on 8-10-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I watched the first 3 videos and it's clear he knows what he's talking about. In fact he's completely right in what he says he believes but in this type of society, is it really worth the effort to destroy all traces of your birth certificate, driving licence and other documents to what....get stopped by the cops every other day for an hour plus?

For whose who don't have time to watch, the cops do attempt to understand what he's putting across, but after 30 minutes or do simply use brute force and a tough attitude to just seize the vehicle anyway merely because it's what they're used to doing!

To sum up, a clear indicator the NWO have clear markings in the UK police force, but is it worth the hassle. Absolutely not, just keep your licence and give up your right to travel as a freeman ot the land....you'll sleep better at night.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I understand your apathy and it is a very very common feeling probably one I do hold sometimes but that is what makes dave so valuable! He can be bothered to put up with the hassle! Can you imagine if we applied your type of feelings to everything? Why work for yourself? You'll only have the stress of paying your own taxes and insurance and all the licenses and such! Sod it, just join starbucks and get paid a meager wage! Hell they would just price me out of the market anyway if they wanted to! It is very defeatist. Please try to shake that off! We all need to do what we can no matter how small and insignificant you THINK it is! The fact is the more people see and hear people fighting back the more they will be inclined to as well.

It is most certainly "worth it", every little helps!

Ask yourself if you will be happy on your deathbed knowing that you did things purely to get along. Basically bullied your entire life! Not a very appealing thought to go out on...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Freeman on the land is a state of mind. It's action in the realization that I take responsibility for MY OWN LIFE, instead of being a slave. Yes, a slave. In order to have a license (to a car you don't own, you're just the "keeper")you have to make money....oh, I don't know if it's even worth getting into. Never thought I'd say this, but like another poster mentioned, it's wasted breath to talk about Freemen here on ATS.

Deny ignorance? By telling someone who's taking responsibility for their own life to shove off?
Deny ignorance? By saying you need to pay taxes for services which are at best, rather sh!te.
Deny ignorance? Only if we have a free mind, can we deny ignorance, and that, I'm afraid, is a very rare thing. There's a difference between a "Free" mind and and "open"mind.

Before you throw this one off the bandwagon, do a bit of research, please. For your own good. Freeman on the land is a state of mind!

Common law (case law) states:
1. Do not harm others.
2. Do not damage the property of others
3. Do not use fraud or mischief in contracts.

Honestly, go google this, talk to people involved, and make up your own mind. This is a "biggie"

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30

I understand your apathy and it is a very very common feeling probably one I do hold sometimes but that is what makes dave so valuable! He can be bothered to put up with the hassle! Can you imagine if we applied your type of feelings to everything? Why work for yourself? You'll only have the stress of paying your own taxes and insurance and all the licenses and such! Sod it, just join starbucks and get paid a meager wage! Hell they would just price me out of the market anyway if they wanted to! It is very defeatist. Please try to shake that off! We all need to do what we can no matter how small and insignificant you THINK it is! The fact is the more people see and hear people fighting back the more they will be inclined to as well.

It is most certainly "worth it", every little helps!

Ask yourself if you will be happy on your deathbed knowing that you did things purely to get along. Basically bullied your entire life! Not a very appealing thought to go out on...

Yeah you're right I suppose, and I understand how we are all been played by the system. FWIW, I am self-employed as a web designer, but aside from that I do as I am told because apparently this is the norm and it appears this is how to live a comfortable standard of life.

I do see what he's trying to do, but it's to little avail unfortunately because of people like me. I don't have a driving licence because I'm unaware, I have a driving licence because I just don't have the time to challenge the truth.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I just don't have the time to challenge the truth.

This is the sad crux of our system, I believe. If we were to spend our time veg gardening, gathering wood for cooking fire and fetching water, we can sit round the fire at night, eating veg stew and having a nice cuppa tea, knowing the stuff in my compost loo is just enough compost to feed my garden, to feed my family. Instead, we spend hours in traffic, going to a job we don't like, stressing like hell to make money we're gonna give back to the system anyway. Live off Macdonalds, wrapped in styrofoam, which will go in the bin, for which I have to pay taxes so the binmen can do a job they don't like, to make money they don't need, so they're too tired to tend to the veg garden so they get macdonalds, that go in their bin, that......

We're caught in their viscous web of not enough time, not enough money.

Luckily, it looks like we're running out of time and money (just me being cynical
)
edit on 8-10-2012 by 3Dplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Very interesting few clips of video and I do understand what the guy, called 'Dave' is doing..............however...... we all wish to live in a law abiding society where (hopefully) criminals and wrong doers are punished accordingly......

Yes, we and I may agree that the law is an ass sometimes and that the cost of car insurance et al is too high but if we all on mass followed Dave's lead then the country would be a far more dangerous and wreckless place............ do you see many of the idiots in society acting with the same restraint that Dave exhibits, under what he would see as provocation...??!

The answer here is quite simple....... if he feels that the rules are to much or too draconian and that he wants to be 'different' then maybe he should find a place in the civilized world which allows that .??
- answers on a postcard please to..........

Dave.......?
C/O Hertfordshire Police,
Somewhere in the UK
Earth........possibly.....??

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Yeah you're right I suppose, and I understand how we are all been played by the system. FWIW, I am self-employed as a web designer, but aside from that I do as I am told because apparently this is the norm and it appears this is how to live a comfortable standard of life. I do see what he's trying to do, but it's to little avail unfortunately because of people like me. I don't have a driving licence because I'm unaware, I have a driving licence because I just don't have the time to challenge the truth.

The fact that you clearly know the game kinda makes it all the worse and I sympathize because it is not an easy predicament. But you can still make an impact without being all too confrontational. Just by refraining from posting defeatist comments and supporting those that are doing what you no doubt would love to do. Talking to people about the corruption and system at every opportunity, etc.

I have come up against the system for some shocking reasons. The worst was when my son was born at home unassisted (no midwife/doctor etc. it is totally lawful and legal btw). We had police at our door forcing us to take the midwives care (which is unlawful and is in fact battery. We had social services investigate us as a result of us declaring and using our rights! We were in the end vindicated and left alone! My son is now 10 months old and still is not "registered".

Another point to consider is, is it really easier to just comply? It may appear that way but ask all the people that lost their homes due to the financial collapse that was most obviously fraudulently implemented. Even if it wasn't planned where are the arrests? Where is the responsibility ? You had government and big business in on the whole fiasco. So these people that no doubt work and pay their taxes, have licenses and such (seeing as they own a home) lost it all from no fault of their own but rather due to the criminals you say we should follow to make our lives "easier".

You could also ask the people of greece if going along to get along is getting them anywhere.

I'm not trying to lecture you, I know that living life against the grain is not easy, I was threatened with losing my children! But I see no alternative! There are thousands of laws and it is pretty much certain that at some time you may well fall foul of one of them at one time or another. Or as I mentioned above you could get caught up in the mess the criminals in "power" instigate. Besides what exactly will we leave for our children if this system is allowed to continue due to our apathy?

We MUST fight back surely?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

If I could give you any more stars, I would!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join