It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~YOU~ Are The REAL Illuminati!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One thing for sure is that we are entering the Age of Aquarius
the Age of Pisces was the last cycle of the 26k cycle
that has started 2000 yrs ago

We are returning to the source 13.0.0.0 on the 21 december
and another 26k cycle will then start

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

There are very realistic historic conspiracies that one can fairly easily document. The Star Chamber, for example. The Medici Papacies are another. And I am sure many secret societies have existed throughout the ages ( Subtle hint about 250-ish years ago one of those secret societies used to hold private, restricted, and highly secretive meetings at the Tun Tavern. ).

The psychological aspect of creating an "umbrella term" for this type of thing and then calling it "the illuminated ones" or "illuminati" is profound. It plants seeds. We live in the world we do because the knowledge or the ancients was finally given back to the people. This enabled learning, expansion, invention, and advancement on a scale unprecedented.

The folks who used to monopolize that knowledge, and thus rule by virtue of it? They want it back. So they try a lot of things to accomplish this. They create false paradigms. One of those paradigms... convincing us that knowledge - especially certain avenues of it - is evil. They attempt to make us reject enlightenment to attaching "baggage" to the term itself.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

(1 to (9

Are historically accurate, yet they are irrelevant when it comes to your premise.

Are there cabals, interests, bloodlines, sects, and secret societies trying to benefit themselves at our expense? HELL YES there are. More than one can count. In fact, it could be argued that every single one of us is guilty of this, in one way or another... we all try to profit. Some far more than others. But let us not be fooled by their games. If they want to make us associate enlightenment with their evils, we must deny them. It was enlightenment, illumination that set us free. And we WILL NOT give up that light.

What do you mean set us free, the people have never been free, and the real knowledge has always been for the few.

10) The very same year America declares independence from all monarchs - suddenly this society is born with a name that casts psychologically implied dispersion upon knowledge itself.

This is your premise. nothing you said before proves your premise. So you are saying the Illuminati were created to discredit the whole concept of knowledge, by association with "evil"?

How do you see this working out in reality. It's just about a word. How can you translate this to reality? Did we get dumber since then? We get turned of by knowledge, because we associate the term "enlightenment" with the evil Illuminati?

Most people worldwide don't even know or think about the Illuminati, and our acces to knowledge has only gotten much bigger since then, so how does your theory hold up, logically?

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

And what has been done to make the Illuminati look evil, by whom, and when? Examples please and sources.

Prove or at least substantiate your premise.

edit on 8-10-2012 by StraightBananas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
One of the best ive read on ATS

That was a genius interpretation of the history and timeline I try to make sense of myself. I thank you for your efforts. I'm ready to get out of my chair and riot in the streets or something. Where do I go now
:p

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

This thread has made you want to riot on the street or something?

It's good to see the enlightened appreciate this thread.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by StraightBananas

Originally posted by StraightBananas
(1 to (9
Are completely historically accurate, yet they are irrelevant when it comes to your premise.

One through nine are the entire premise. The timeline of events is the proof of concept. My premise is that the term "illuminati" became associated with negative things and secret cabals just as the two most powerful ( and related ) Monarchies were on the verge of insurrections ( England in 1776 and France in 1789 ). The "birth date" of the "Illuminati"? May, 1, 1776.

Before you counter with correlation does not indicate causality,.. I'll simply state that I am looking at the choice of, and consequent vilification of a word. What that word means. And how the word applies to the ending of the dark ages, the Renaissance, and the empowerment of people through a revival of Athenian Democratic principle.

What do you mean set us free, the people have never been free, and the real knowledge has always been for the few.

This is a totally inaccurate and misleading statement. If you don't think that we, today, in the western world enjoy more freedom than our European ancestors did, prior to 300 years ago... I would suggest thinking about taking a refresher course in history.

As for knowledge being for the few? You are aware we are currently communicating on the largest "library" of information ever contrived in the history of humanity and that rougly one third of the worlds population accesses it? And that this percentage rises substantially each passing year?

10) The very same year America declares independence from all monarchs - suddenly this society is born with a name that casts psychologically implied dispersion upon knowledge itself.

This is your premise. nothing you said before proves your premise. So you are saying the Illuminati were created to discredit the whole concept of knowledge, by association with "evil"?

This is not premise. As shown above, it is historical fact. The same year that American claimed independence from Monarchical rule, a "secret society" was created with a name that literally means "The Enlightened ones".

At some point, thereafter, negative associations with the word "Illuminati" began appearing. And, yes, I do believe that the term was picked (possibly from outside of the original founding group ) as a means of creating a negative association with the term "enlightenment"

How do you see this working out in reality. It's just about a word. How can you translate this to reality? Did we get dumber since then? We get turned of by knowledge, because we associate the term "enlightenment" with the evil Illuminati?

I address one aspect of an issue - you use a broader brush to try and diminish the fine detail. As for dumber? No. As for just as suggestible as we have always been. Yes. And now, with the advent of an ever present media - the ability to control information has once, again, fallen into the hands of the few. This shows in our current society and on ATS rabidly. We have many members who get their information and knowledge almost exclusively from TV networks - and blogs recommended to them BY those same networks. The cycle is repeating.

Oh, and if you don't believe that there are people who think knowledge is bad. Hang out on the political forums for ten minutes and wait for it. You'll soon see offhanded dismissals of information based solely upon which network breaks a story. "Oh, Fox reported that? Then it's BS!.

Just a refinement and modernization of the concept addressed in my OP.

Most people worldwide don't even know or think about the Illuminati, so how does your theory hold up, logically?

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

This is unsourced supposition. ATS is a microcosm of the world. Care to post a poll asking how many are unaware of the concept of Illuminati? We have members from all cultures here and you'd be hard pressed to find a single one unfamiliar with the concept and term.

And what has been done to make the Illuminati look evil, by whom, and when? Examples please and sources.
Prove or at least substantiate your premise.

Really? Dan Brown, a parital list of Illuminati in pop culture,, A popular Illuminati card game and so on.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

One through nine are the entire premise. The timeline of events is the proof of concept. My premise is that the term "illuminati" became associated with negative things and secret cabals just as the two most powerful ( and related ) Monarchies were on the verge of insurrections ( England in 1776 and France in 1789 ). The "birth date" of the "Illuminati"? May, 1, 1776.

The timeline of events is just that, a timeline of events.

It does not prove your theory that the Illuminati was created to give knowledge as a whole a bad name. it is just a connection you make, yet you do not corroborate it.

I asked you some questions. How was the Illuminati being discredited, by whom exactly, and when exactly. There must be some easy examples you could give us.

Before you counter with correlation does not indicate causality,.. I'll simply state that I am looking at the choice of, and consequent vilification of a word. What that word means. And how the word applies to the ending of the dark ages, the Renaissance, and the empowerment of people through a revival of Athenian Democratic principle.

Which is ridiculous. It's like saying that the impopularity of president Bush, made the population hate bushes, and therefore removed them from their gardens.

It is complete nonsense.

This is a totally inaccurate and misleading statement. If you don't think that we, today, in the western world enjoy more freedom than our European ancestors did, prior to 300 years ago... I would suggest thinking about taking a refresher course in history.

I pointed out we did. This fact alone blows your theory out of the water.

You act like there was a time where we were free and had acces to all knowledge, and that the creation of the illuminati, or/and discrediting of the term enlightenment, put a stop to this, which is also complete nonsense.

There never was such a time. You think that is what the renaissance was?

Like you, and I myself pointed out, our acces to kowledge has only increased since then, so how does your theory hold up.

The plan you speek of didn't have the desired effect then.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've heard this argument before. Its quite possibly correct too if its used in a pure form, non group,non contracts, non rituals, but pure truth seeking. I am pushed very hard inside, not nudges, not gentle murmurings, no its more like quick swift kicks in the behind. Also, another metaphor for the swiftness of the nudges is like a river with strong current, and it just keeps on flowing. It tends to ignore my misgivings, or the paradigm boundaries I used to have a bit more of, and she just flows onward, dragging you along kicking and screaming if necessary.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Really? Dan Brown, a parital list of Illuminati in pop culture,, A popular Illuminati card game and so on.

This is what I was waiting for.

0) The very same year America declares independence from all monarchs - suddenly this society is born with a name that casts psychologically implied dispersion upon knowledge itself.

So they created the Illuminati 500 years ago, so Dan Brown could make them look bad, centuries later.

How does this make sense?

You have no examples from around the time they were created? If you don't, how does your theory hold up?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It's obvious you don't follow. And that's fine. But I can't make it any clearer than I have. And that's OK. Not all things are for all people. Thanks for your participation!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It's obvious you don't follow. And that's fine. But I can't make it any clearer than I have. And that's OK. Not all things are for all people. Thanks for your participation!

~Heff

Ok, this makes me mad.

I obviously debunked your OP, and this is your response?

I just don't get it. I see.

You are not refuting my claims, so I can only assume you have no way of refuting them.

Your premise is obviously flawed, and you don't have to be enlightened to see it.

As long as everybody agrees with you it's cool, but as soon as valid arguments are used, Heff don't wanna play no more.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Knowledge, "illumanation", awakening...whatever term you choose to use is something that is at the "heart" of mankind...and as we became able to share information, the world changed...and this pissed the "powers" off.....so every nasty trick in the book has been used to suppress, manipulate, and change the facts.....

One of my favorite daydreams is to figure out how to beat the "devil" at his own game......there are always "conditions" when you deal with the "genie"...and you better make damm sure you wish for the "right" thing........lol...hope that makes sence to someone?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I'll have to dredge them up and source them, but several very ancient documents address this very concern - the hoarding of knowledge. Same themes addressed here.

Megos Alexandros ( Alexander the Great ) was a great proponent of enlightenment and made sure roads and libraries were built as he went upon his conquests. He was a leader who wanted a literate population. Most others, throughout history have been much less forthcoming in that regard.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I know you are, but what am I.

I believe we are entering a new age sure enough. That's about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

One thing I notice in responses to your threads is that people respond to one of the many , somewhat vague and general references to concepts, you make throughout your thread, but that the vast majority doesn't completely comprehend the thread as a whole. So you always cater to someone, there is always agreement because of the use of generic references, and that is enough for the masses.

Yet few have the oversight to see that premises are flawed, connections are loose, and that as a hole, a thread doesn't make sense in itself.

Knowledge, "illumanation", awakening...whatever term you choose to use is something that is at the "heart" of mankind...and as we became able to share information, the world changed...and this pissed the "powers" off.....so every nasty trick in the book has been used to suppress, manipulate, and change the facts.....

Like this, it touches on some things you said, yet it has nothing to do with your premise, and it is a total generic, common conspiracy related view.

It is fluff, upon fluff. Sorry to say.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I understand you heff.. I am illuminated. Now where do I go to get that money before I riot in the streets.........

Im really not serious about the rioting for the record.. Like Unity so eloquently put. Its a kick in the ass. A truth in meaning as well as a bit of conspiracy to boot.

I enjoyed the thread, I don't think it can be debunked...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

What part cannot be debunked?

What is the kick in the ass; the info you didn't know yet?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Look around you my friend....knowledge and dissent has BIG enemies that are willing to kill you rather then give up thier power.....not really very "fluffy"....and I understood the OP's point I believe.....the fact is the without US, and our collective knowledge they would be nothing....and we need to take our power back....just saying...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Its not something that can be debunked, or even really explained well, for that matter. Some see the codes and not only see them, but are pushed, prodded, and pulled, poked with a stick, carried over someones shoulder, some might even call it called, to be more aware of things and to develop recognition. For some it will actually be deciphering complex pictographs, and psi interpretations, others it's astral travel, some its like ATS, simply being more aware of the way the world is, and what some elites seem to be planning. That is also knowledge. For some it is being called to study up and recognize all of this, but given alternative information on what some of the beliefs some of the mystery school has, and so having alternative truths, but seeing how they interpret.

How on earth can you prove, explain even, or debunk this?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A few ancient quotes, as promised:

There is danger in both belief and unbelief.

Phaedrus(15 BC - 50 AD)

Beware lest in your anxiety to avoid war you obtain a master.

What we have in us of the image of God is the love of truth and justice.

Demosthenes(384 BC - 322 BC)

Conceal a flaw, and the world will imagine the worst.

Marcus Valerius Martialis(40 - 103)

Now as of old the gods give men all good things, excepting only those that are baneful and injurious and useless. These, now as of old, are not gifts of the gods: men stumble into them themselves because of their own blindness and folly.

Democritus460 BC ~ 370 BC Greek

We must form our minds by reading deep rather than wide.

Marcus Fabius Quintilian (35 - 90) Roman orator

And one for fun:

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

~ Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC)

These are just some I came across - though not the ones I had in mind. IMO they apply to the spirit of this subject at least, and were worthy of inclusion. I will, as my night progresses find the passages and quotes I began seeking out half an hour ago, or so. The problem is that several are in the Bible - which can be hard to "concept" search - even with the benefit of a computer... and others? Well, as a layperson keeping track of my Greek and Roman speakers is not my forte'.

I am sitting at the Google thinking... I'm pretty sure his name ended with a "us"...

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join