It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[black labyrinth] "View Source" changed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Orginally, the Source code for www.blacklabyrinth.com... only had what is visiable normally. the "una infinitas", the img src of the picture, and "abominatio nascitur autumno". Now there is a link to www.w3.org... and some other things in the source. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

---pineapple

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
that second link you provided is just a list of html tags and examples of their use. as for 'the other stuff' in the code... it all looks pretty normal to me.
but, then again, things aren't always as they appear....

Odd

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The source code is still innocuous, as far as that goes... the thing that's really bugging me is the fact that the Labyrinth is moving... I just wish I knew how that's significant.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Its probably not at all significant as of yet Odd.

I think we are going to have to wait awhile longer before things become alot more clearer for what we have to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think the fact that it is moving means the game has started

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
any ideas as to why they took down the doc type that should appear at the top of the source?

you know, the: !DOCTYPE html PUBLIC blah blah blah...

or, is this b/c i'm using FF as my browser?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It probably was taken out in order to not confuse the gamers. Having that on the page is not necessary, although depending on the web browser it can make a difference in how a page is rendered. For this site, the simplicity of the code allows them to remove DTD. In order to have a W3 standard page you would have to include a doctype.

For those who want to know more:
loose.dtd
and
loose vs. strict

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm a n00b. I stumbled accross the link to BL while I was reading some other article found via Google... and I was hooked. So, sorry if this is a dumb suggestion (I tried to figure out how the puzzles here usually work but I just couldn't piece one together in retrospect).

Could the fact that "una infinitas" and the rest of the body text are slightly different colours (#303030 and #404040) mean anything?

Nezuji

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Welcome Nezuji,
Could mean something. What are all the numbers exactly? We are trying to keep similar subjects in one thread. This one obviously is about source code.

These are the threads for the Latin additions:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one is for numbers and symbols:

There ae a few others you can find here:

Hope this is helpful to you. Also, your theory would fit nicely with numbers and symbols. If you dont mind Id like to add it over there. I dont know how the mods would feel about you posting the same message twice.

Some members think all this number stuff could just be there to distract us from our actual mission but I think its fun and its yeilding info so I say we keep at it.
Feel free to U2U me.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, sure, share the guesswork love

Uh, well I saw that threads were more or less on one particular topic, which is why I posted that here - I had to look up the source to confirm my suspicion. Maybe it could also go into numbers/patterns, but most of that thread seems to be about the "maze" graphic.

Anyway...
The "una infinitas" text is colour #404040
The body text ("abominatio nascitur...") is colour #303030
... and I can't see any simple reason for them to be different.

Nezuji

EDIT: Increased clarity (hopefully)

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Nezuji]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
the reason the hexcode is different is so you can actually see the text.
if both were the same, you would either see only the bg color (black) or the text color (grey) throughout the page.

but, i do see your question, 'why "those" numbers'?

i have noticed that if you look at the source to the page your reading right now, whoever coded it uses the same pattern for the hexcode colors, #808080 and the like...

maybe they just did that for simplicity while coding?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Assissin I call myself the incredibly UN-techie Harmony for a reason. I have no idea what a source code is. If Nazuji is referring to background color and text color even I get that but if we are talking about two different text codes, why would one have to be different from another in order to see it?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Assissin I call myself the incredibly UN-techie Harmony for a reason. I have no idea what a source code is. If Nazuji is referring to background color and text color even I get that but if we are talking about two different text codes, why would one have to be different from another in order to see it?

well, first things first. there is a NEW LINE OF TEXT on the page!

let me try to explain what i meant for you H...

if you look at the top of your browser (if your using IE) you'll see the word "view"...
click on it...
then, click on the words "source"...
there, you will see the HTML code that tells your browser how to display the webpage...

look for what i have highlighted in bold

bgcolor="#000000" this is the background color for the page.

color: #303030 this is a color for the text.

color: #404040 this is yet another color for the text.

the first code is the background color. (black, in this case).

if i am reading things correctly, the second code (the 303030) is the color for the text on the top. (the "una infinitas")

the third code (the 404040) is a slightly different color. (the small text under the image).

i just realized that there are, in fact, two shades of grey for the text color...

this is what Nezuji was talking about. i misunderstood him(her). the background color is the 000000 code... N is right, there is no reason for the two shades of grey. this, IMO, HAS something to do with the game...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Erm, if you have another look, "#303030" is given as the text colour for a DIV which encloses everything on the page, but the H1 tag for "una infinitas" has its own colour property which overrides this ("#404040"), so it's actually the other way around ("una infinitas" is #404040, the other text is #303030). I don't want to be needlessly pedantic, but it may have a bearing on something further down the track.

Of course, "una infinitas" might be a slightly lighter shade just to make it stand out...

Nezuji

P.S. - I'm a "him"

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Nezuji]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nezuji
Erm, if you have another look, "#303030" is given as the text colour for a DIV which encloses everything on the page, but the H1 tag for "una infinitas" has its own colour property which overrides this ("#404040"), so it's actually the other way around ("una infinitas" is #404040, the other text is #303030). I don't want to be needlessly pedantic, but it may have a bearing on something further down the track.

Of course, "una infinitas" might be a slightly lighter shade just to make it stand out...

Nezuji

P.S. - I'm a "him"

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Nezuji]

yeah, thats it exactly... sorry ppl, i suffer from intermittent dyslexia...

as for the him/her thing... some ppl have "genderless" usernames. it's hard to tell if they are male or female...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hi guys!

Just thought I'd point out something interesting. Along with the new background, the text colours also changed. The title changed from "#404040" to "#606060" and the body text changed from "#303030" to "#505050". There is a simple explaination for this, however; It improves the readability of the text against the new background.

Nezuji

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know this may not be something big, but the BL page expires Monday, November 15, 2004 1:11:08 PM.

So I guess we'll have to see what changes at that time. Too bad I'll be at school...

Also, the page changed last on Sunday, November 07, 2004 8:47:43 PM, and that's when the background was added... I wonder what's next...

Not big.. anyone with any ideas?

_df

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i guess we will just have to wait and see...

---pineapple

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What is this nonsence!? Now the experation date has been moved to tommarrow
Go figure...

Tuesday, November 16, 2004 11:09:20 AM

Wow...

_df

posted on Nov, 15 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
where can you see that darkflame?

---pineapple