It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire cities dead on some World of Warcraft realms

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by yahtzeestone
wow.joystiq.com... - Exploit Hotfixed: Azeroth's cities safe once more

Guess Blizzard resolved the issue...

Awesome.

Thanks for the update.

O/T ....Your avatar brings back fond memories.

edit on 7/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah!! Was my third computer, after the TRS-80 Coco 2 and a Commodore Vic 20

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Eh, not news.

It only affects WoW players, not the general public.

Yes, really.
This has no connection to the real world does it? I am not a gamer, so I don't know much about it other than that is a game.

Shouldn't this thread be in the gaming forum?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
How the hell is this Breaking Alternative News and what bearing does it have on the REAL world?

Should I make a thread everytime I score a hat trick on FIFA or when strange things happen in the land of Skyrim?

No, is the answer...this is just ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Looks like all the characters couldn't stop dying from laughing at the new Kung Fu Panda expansion.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
It is the government using the game to simulate real life, it is the best think they have to actually doing it, a world with millions of people on, practicing for the real thing,

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I've been 'clean' of WoW since June 10th. The reason I left the game was that I didn't want to pay a monthly subscription. I'l go and get myself a scroll of res to level my fishing up to 600 now that I have read this lol...

I was surprised to see that a lot of players that is 'awake' on WoW. Happy days

''For the Alliance!'' ~ Grandma Jenkins of Sporeggar/Defias Brotherhood.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yahtzeestone

omg.

I had two TRS-80's (and a daisywheel printer to suit) that were purchased cheap as surplus from Monash University in the 1980's.

I wish I had of kept them and the box of 8" floppys that went with it.

The Vic-20 was an awesome machine, though, I still shudder at the thought of the hours of boredom induced by my father and his friends flying a Lear jet simulator in real time....yawn.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Well if you actually bothered to look at the articles offered before making one of your typically idiotic comments, you would realise that a whole lot of people just lost a heap of money and the company involved could quite easily be held to ransom by terrorists.

Is that tangible enough for you?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
About time people are set free !
its just a stupid game that waste so much precious time
maybe now the young kid will go outside and have real fun

remind me of one Simpson scene
where Itchy and Scratchy cartoon dont play on TV anymore after being banned
all kids then all wake up from inside the house with their eyes tired
and go play outside all together like in the old times

edit on 10/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
First world problems.

Seriously though, it's a freaking videogame. People will want to see blood for this, you say? It's about goddamn time people want to see blood for the killing of innocent people for the profits of some greedy corporations and banksters, just to give an example.

"Oh no, my virtual alter-ego died, my life is so important that I must now demand someone suffers for this!!"

Get over it, learn to direct your anger towards the people that actually cause you to seek distraction in non-worldly things because life is too 'boring' that you need a fantasy world to live in.

If someone hacked it, good job. I used to spend time on a gaming forum and when sony's playstation network was hacked, people were talking about how the hackers should be hanged, jailed, etc... That's about the time I took my leave there.

Gamers and conspiracy theorists are quite the same on some areas, but on others, I'm often ashamed I ever called myself a gamer.

On the other hand, it is good to see that there are apparently people out there that have enough frustration in them to want to see corpses when sh*t happens that affects them, so I say; More government! A global ban on videogames and other things that make people go insane when you take it away from them! Anime maybe? Yeah, ban it all!

(don't worry, after the junkies have killed off every government involved, the bans can be lifted)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Get over it, learn to direct your anger towards the people that actually cause you to seek distraction in non-worldly things because life is too 'boring' that you need a fantasy world to live in.

Who are you talking to?

If it is at me, it is misdirected, I'm just a person reporting on what is a major hack in a corporate system.

It sounds like someone got called n00b one too many times and has developed a complex because of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
this could be the end of the world....

offf warcraft!

man i loved that south park episode

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
If someone hacked it, good job. I used to spend time on a gaming forum and when sony's playstation network was hacked, people were talking about how the hackers should be hanged, jailed, etc... That's about the time I took my leave there.

I'm not here to argue on the seriousness of video games, especially wow, but anyone that does something willingly against a vast number of people should pay for it. In fact, everyone should pay if they willingly know that they are doing something wrong that doesn't only affect themselves.

Justice is always right.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMediator

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

I'm not here to argue on the seriousness of video games, especially wow, but anyone that does something willingly against a vast number of people should pay for it. In fact, everyone should pay if they willingly know that they are doing something wrong that doesn't only affect themselves.

Justice is always right.

What if its Blizzard itself and the creator of the game .. would you still make them pay ?
maybe the goal of this hack was to try to wake up its million of members
that WOW is not good for the health .. kids playing this all day long

people should go outside more with the familly and friends
games like this shouldnt exist they are totaly useless and complete waste of time
applause to anyone who made that happen .. good ridance no more Wow

whos gonna cry ? not me

if that would have happened during the time i was playing Starcraft .. i wouldnt care less
edit on 10/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
How the hell is this Breaking Alternative News and what bearing does it have on the REAL world?

Should I make a thread everytime I score a hat trick on FIFA or when strange things happen in the land of Skyrim?

No, is the answer...this is just ridiculous.

Calm down.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81[/i

What if its Blizzard itself and the creator of the game .. would you still make them pay ?
maybe the goal of this hack was to try to wake up its million of members
that WOW is not good for the health .. kids playing this all day long

people should go outside more with the familly and friends
games like this shouldnt exist they are totaly useless and complete waste of time
applause to anyone who made that happen .. good ridance no more Wow

whos gonna cry ? not me

if that would have happened during the time i was playing Starcraft .. i wouldnt care less

NOTHING is good for your health if over done, but I certainly don't see anything critically destructive in spending a little bit of time in a game chatting, dungeon running, etc. I've had people say that it's a total waste of time for me to spend 2-3 hrs of the evening gaming, then look at me like I'm stupid because I don't know about the latest episode of whatever TV "reality show" is popular with the sheeple at the time. 2-3 hours planning a raid, executing the run as a team, and interacting with friends online is dangerous, but 3-4 hrs in front of the TV is fine. I don't agree.

Gamers aren't all kids who play 20+ hours a day, and aren't socially reclusive with no social life. Such stereotypes are often false, and does nothing but to polarize and stigmatize others.

You obviously have a strong bias against WoW, but publicly stating that you support hackers or those that maliciously destroy what others enjoy just makes you seem like a self centered jerk. Let people enjoy life as they please,and refrain from dictating your morality to others.

p.s.
Before you go off on me about being a WoW/Blizzard apologist, please note that I've only once played WoW, on a free trial, and I never progressed that character past level 8 before uninstalling the WoW client. I don't like that game, but I really don't like when people say "I don't like it, so I condone malicious attacks on your accomplishments, and hope that your right to choose a past time you enjoy be taken from you.... because I don't like it."

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

I have know a few people that are way to much obsess with that game
heard many young people that took their own lifes
because some jackass deleted their perso or hacked their profile

This game is very dangerous if you cant balance it
but if you can be moderated and dont get angry if the servers are down
then you are ok in my book

you can set yourself ftree at any time you want
has for myself .. i dont play any game anymore
but i like doing puzzles

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
is this like the episode of south park, where they need the one sword......and they get fat and nasty....killing pigs in a forest....

Is it a morbidly obese gamer with no life that goes around killing people, and no one can kill him, so 3 kids from south park will have to gain XP by killing pigs in the enchanted forest for 2 XP points a pop, until they can forge an alliance to kill the no life gamer that has a billion XP....and so they will need to get their newb dad to log on and give the one sword with 20% mana draining per strike, and then kill the gamer guy......

LOL.....your avatars are dead.....LOL.....
JK....that sucks....

edit on 8-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This may be relevant;
from wired.com
"Hacker Goes on Massive WoW Killing Spree; World Survives"
www.wired.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cmdrkeenkid

"How do you kill that which has no life?"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>