It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haaretz:Israeli attack on Iran this fall is no longer in the cards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Haaretz is reporting that an Israeli attack on Iran this fall is not going
to happen. Unfortunately I don't have a subscription to Haaretz and
am not able to see the whole story. But apparently they feel the
sanctions against Iran are working.

The wave of demonstrations in Tehran over the last few days, sparked by the plummeting value of the Iranian rial and the consequent rise in the price of staple products, has significantly changed the nature of the international discourse on Iran. The harsh international sanctions that took effect in July are now being felt with increasing force. Thus the question of whether continued economic pressure...

Haaretz

That is all of the text I was allowed to see. If anyone does have a subscription and can post the
rest of the story, that'd be great. Thx.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Cover for an attack this fall?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Looks like Obama was right and Benny and everyone else calling for war was wrong. Either that or Israel finally realized Obama isn't going to let America fight Iran for them.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's nice to know that there's still some sanity in the world.
Now all they go to do is survive the sanctions.
edit on 7-10-2012 by abdel because: second line

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Looks like Obama was right and Benny and everyone else calling for war was wrong. Either that or Israel finally realized Obama isn't going to let America fight Iran for them.

Or possibly the sanctions are working to their satisfaction.
edit on 7-10-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The full text is available for subscribers & registered users.
Click here to subscribe ($1 for the first 4 weeks)
register (free access for 10 stories a month) or login

www.haaretz.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
see above post
edit on Sun Oct 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

More like Israel hasn't been successful at getting the US to back them (for whatever reason, election cycle or other) and so had to put off their plans.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Of course he hasn't abandoned the idea. It's what drives him. He might be able to pull it in the winter after the election. The Israeli government is thirsty for this war.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

yeah I was reading that article last night and thought I had to pay $$ to read the whole thing but if you look closer you'll also see the Free option. You can register for free with that site and be allowed to view up to 10 articles a month! Lulz

So for everyone wanting to read the full article just register.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So let me get this straight. Israel do not feel threatened anymore because of sanctions which obviously are affecting the Iranian citizens and not the regime? Since when have sanctions stopped anyones nuclear program? Did North Korea stops theirs....

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Sanctions have nor ever will work against any nation, they are mostly put on countries by NATO or the UN when the country being attacked, or is going to be attacked have no will to fight so use sanctions as a get out.
The main problem with sanctions as a person just said on here is that hits the public, it wont stop governments doing what ever they feel like doing.
But America has a leader at this time that prefers not to support the USA's old friends like Israel or the UK, but prefers to look after nations or take over nations that have oil.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I hate to sound conspiratorial and all, but (looks around)
If I were Israel and I intended to attack...I wouldn't likely be another George Bush, thumping chests and making stupid statements of bravado. In fact, the logical thing to do when the stakes are all or nothing would be to appear to just relax and call it all off.

Egypt has absolutely NOT become more friendly.

Syria is still on the verge of collapse into who knows what with the largest functional chem weapons collection outside of Russia or the U.S..

It was just a couple DAYS ago people were talking about Iran's threat to raise enrichment to 60%. Now I know ADD seems to be epidemic these days....but years of slow simmer to the hot fire of war isn't going to be reversed by vague new "realizations" at the 11th hour. This doesn't track unless it's simply a deception play.

If that's the case...hang on. It could come any time...and I'd say ANY time...at this point. It'd be the logical thing to do unless there really is A LOT more behind the scenes than we can really even guess at. ...and I'd never rule that out either for this region.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I dont believe this one bit.

Im'ayahoo is like a Rabid Dog for this war to happen.

Nutjobs like him feel it is their Destiny.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It looks like Israel is hoping for a successful people revolution in Iran.They didn't have much luck with the green revolution did they?I don't believe Israel has given up their attack plans,only postponed.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Is this true that sanctions have never worked

I admit ignorance here.

I will offer my little bit of speculation:

If it's true that sanctions have never "worked" then one must ask why they have been retried over and over.

People claim incompetence in policies, but I think the truth is often an ulterior agenda which does work.

So a basic military strategy is to attack your enemy when they are weak.

Sanctions weaken your enemy!

You can claim that you tried "civil" means against a perceived enemy, and once these pressures fail, you attack them directly.

It works to rally up people to support such operations. Instead of just bombing the hell out of them off the bat, you claim to be the "good guys".

If they actually do "work" for once, awesome! I'm guessing that they don't actually expect the Iranian regime to comply, rather their version of "work" would be to cause a revolution and sway the coming order towards western agendas.

It seems to me that this stuff isn't in the least black and white, rather layered, yet with ultimate goals in place. How they get there can be tricky part.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

I admit ignorance here.

So a basic military strategy is to attack your enemy when they are weak.

Sanctions weaken your enemy!

Reality check incoming.
With the Prospect of War Looming, do you think the Iranian Military , or Leaders of Iran are feeling these Sanctions?

The Poorest people in Iran, along with the Poorest People in the US are the ones that Suffer the Effects of Decisions made by the Respective Leaders in each country.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Yes, they are feeling it in the way that they fear a coup or revolution within the next year.

You didn't reality check me. You showed your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

You didn't reality check me. You showed your ignorance.
Different approach to help my fellow ATSer.

Sept 11, 2001.
America was attacked, Unified together to fight a common Enemy.

Iran Oct, 2012.
Iran is under threat of Attack and is Unified to Resist a Common Enemy.
edit on 7-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated about a month ago that if it looked like Romney would win the election they would wait until after the election. It looks like they believe Romney will win. The Iran problem is not going away. Sanctions have never worked and Iran continues to call for death to Israel and America.
edit on 7-10-2012 by jimmiec because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join