It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rat reality show: Russian scientists to broadcast GMO experiment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

There are thousands of way to make GMO. Some of them which are more lethal and some of them who are quite good.

There is no way you can prove GMO right or wrong using only some GMO compounds. It's like taking american criminals in a prison, and try to see if the rest of American people are good or not.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I can't remember what food I fed them other than just regular pet food for rats from the pet store. Bedding would be just wood chips. I also fed them whatever they wanted and sometimes I would also let them run around in the house. At times one would hop in my bed at night to sleep. No joke. They make great pets. But they always got huge gigantic cancerous tumors. Once in my 20's I actually took one in to the vet to get is surgically removed. This time it grew back on the throat and I had to put it down myself. This was around 1993, still no GMO yet.

No, there is no evidence of of GMO around in 1993, but farmers have always used heavy pesticides on grains. Maybe that was part of the problem.

Here is an ingredient list of items in a typical food rat block:

Processed grain by-products, plant protein products, grain products, animal protein products, molasses products, sodium calcium aluminosilicate, sodium bentonite, forage products, calcium carbonate, pork fat (preserved with BHA), salt, DL-methionine, propionic acid (a preservative), natural terpenes (a preservative), acetic acid (a preservative), sorbic acid (a preservative), benzoic acid (a preservative), monoesters and diesters of 1, 2 propandiol, hydrated ammonium phosphate, amorphous silica, propyl benzoate, propyl acetate, butylated hydroxyanisole (a preservative), ferrous sulfate, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Streptococcus Faecium, manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, calcium iodate, cobalt carbonate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, copper sulfate, ethylenediamine dihydriodide, vitamin A acetate, vitamin E supplement, niacin, sodium selenite, vitamin B12 supplement, calcium pantothenate, vegetable fat, biotin, vitamin A supplement, folic acid, riboflavin, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), vitamin D3 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate.

Rats can be cute, I used to like them until I got a rat infestation in my barn and they started killing my chickens. I'm not so fond of them anymore. Besides, they poop and pee everywhere. I bet your bed was a little stinky

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Does anyone know when and how we'll be able to watch? I thought it was surprising they estimated the cost of the research at a million dollars. I could beat that bid at least by $100,000.00
Hmmm, thinking, thinking, thinking.....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
cameras 24/7 on russian lab rats? count me in

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think it's great they are re-doing the study and they will be visible about their work. Hopefully their science will be so sound there won't be any doubt to the outcome.

Remember if your in California, vote for Proposition 37 in November to label these foods.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I will stick to Dom2

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
well this is great news!, if you can prove that the scientist, even though against it, are not paid off. money talks BS walks. also even if they are not paid off how will we know that the samples being used wont be messed with when no scientists around. are they going to test the batches eact time on live tv, and show same as used before ect ect.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

There is no way you can prove GMO right or wrong using only some GMO compounds. It's like taking american criminals in a prison, and try to see if the rest of American people are good or not.

well being the country that houses the most incarcerated people in the world, that might not be the best example ^^ lol

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Monsanto but I just want to say when I was younger, I had pet rats and they always developed cancerous tumors after about three-years. They looked just like the photos. They developed anywhere from under the legs to on the throat.

Apparently, it is quite common for rats to develop these types of tumors.

Rats probably do have a predisposition for certain kinds of tumors. But the point is that if under controlled conditions, the rats fed on GM feed develop many times more tumors than the rats fed non-GM feed, we can be fairly sure that GMO's are causing a much higher rate of cancer than would be normally seen.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
well being the country that houses the most incarcerated people in the world, that might not be the best example ^^ lol

Yeah, on second though, you might be right...

Anyway, you get the idea.

edit on 9-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join