It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rat reality show: Russian scientists to broadcast GMO experiment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hi all

This should be an interesting experiment. Russia have decided to their own experiment, but this time they will make it available for the public to see..!

After a French study suggested that rats fed on Monsanto GMO corn suffered tumors, Russian researches plan their own, this time public, experiment. The unique reality show with rats is expected to prove or deny GMO’s health-threatening influence.

The Russian scientists, who oppose genetically modified organisms (GMO) in food, expect that their year-long experiment will show whether the controversial cultivation process has effects as dangerous as French revelations claimed on September 19.

And seemingly this experiment is going to be broadcast worldwide for all to see 24/7. They are installing webcams in the rat's cages - so if you want to watch it will be available online.

The idea behind the test is to feed several groups of rats with different food. One group will be fed with soybeans and corn with a high content of GMOs, while the other gets the same products, but with low GMO levels. The third will be given food with no GMO whatsoever, and the fourth with standard rat food.

rt.com...

Well we shall all be able to see what the outcome will be, and we can make our own minds up about it... However, I do believe that the rat's given the GMO food will have similar and if not more fatal diseases/illnesses like the rats in the French study showed, by the time this year long study is over. Should this be the case, then every country should ban GMO products... Russia obviously will.

One things for sure, I do feel really sorry for those poor rats who have to go through the pain and suffering of being used in an experiment. I do not agree with animal testing, however it seems that this is the only way we can do such research at this time..

Peace
Fluffx

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

edit on 7-10-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well this will be good. We will get some conclusive evidence of what is really going on here. There is a mounting pile of evidence to suggest that some of these GMO are detrimental to our bodies. Monsanto only released test data for a three month period. The tumours developed in rats after 4-5 months.. If these products are found to cause tumours Monsanto directors should be facing jail time for their actions. Along with members of the Environmental agency who would be complicit in the crimes also..

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's about time. I have heard of people doing their own experiments but going public will be the final clencher. I wonder what Monsanto is thinking about this.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I can remember even as a 6 year old hearing something about GM food and thinking it was wrong and evil.

There is absolutely no need for GMO food, I really wonder whats wrong with the people who are responsible for this.
They cant even say its necessary, we have more than enough food for everyone, its a matter of distribution not quantity or quality.

Realistically if we cant survive with what nature has provided maybe we shouldnt even be here!!!

P.s your cat looks a bit scary

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Not only that. If GM's are found to be detrimental to health, they should be outlawed worldwide and Monsanto should be liquidated and all it's patents should be shredded.

IRM

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There is absolutely no need for GMO food, I really wonder whats wrong with the people who are responsible for this. They cant even say its necessary, we have more than enough food for everyone, its a matter of distribution not quantity or quality.

Agreed with thee 100%..!!!! I don't understand it either... It jsut makes me wonder, are they trying to make us all sick..? That way can they 'control' us better..? Or are they just trying to cull the population...?!

Its all very scary, and I don't like it one bit..!

P.s your cat looks a bit scary

:O
You really think so..? Hm, I didn't think he was scary - to me the look on his face says; oh really..?

He's not actually my cat either, I just liked the pic lol

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
They don't even look the slightest bit appealing... and apparently taste doesn't matter - but production does.

For taste, strict rules are enforced by the company to meet minimum taste requirements. "Last year we chose not to introduce a tomato variety, although there was demand among the growers. We didn't think the taste was up to our requirements."

www.freshplaza.com...

I can't wait for the outcome of this experiment, I shall be following it closely. It starts in March 2013.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

however it seems that this is the only way we can do such research at this time..

Even that much is, sadly, not exactly true. There's only a limited amount of relevant information we can extrapolate from animal studies to humans. It's more of a point in the right direction, opposed to a clear mark of danger/safety.

Furthermore, regarding GMO technology, the basic premise upon which this science is founded is wraught with red flags, dangerous shortcuts, and tweaks of genetic material which the working scientists KNEW were unsafe. There's no question - anyone smart enough to figure this stuff out would be aware of that danger. The book Seeds of Deception goes into great detail on this, and goes down the (lengthy) list of exactly why. My favorite book on the subject.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
America is the number 1 country for cancer, and is also the number 1 country w gmo consumption.

If nobody seems to see the correlation between these 2, then maybe I should just retire from ATS.
edit on 7-10-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
How do we know the scientists havent already been bought by monsanto?
How will we know the rats have really eaten GMO?
If they feed them only organic food how will we know?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
America is the number 1 country for cancer, and is also the number 1 country w gmo consumption.

If nobody seems to see the correlation between these 2, then maybe I should just retire from ATS.
edit on 7-10-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

You also recieve the highest amount of vaccination of all countries, so it could also be at least partly due to that.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Monsanto but I just want to say when I was younger, I had pet rats and they always developed cancerous tumors after about three-years. They looked just like the photos. They developed anywhere from under the legs to on the throat.

Apparently, it is quite common for rats to develop these types of tumors.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

do you know what was in the food you were feeding your rat? if you cant say for sure it included no gmo i dont think you have much of a point

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You won't separate me from my GMO, my precious frankenfoods. Their wholesome genetically altered goodness sustains me to a greater degree than anything some big bosomed biatch can sprout from the ground - aka that skank called Gaia. Don't be surprised if you see some Mad Hatter (yours truly) dashin through those Russian webcams and snappin all kinds of sh!t up. This is a godless war against nutrition. No Putin sucking Soviet wanker is going to temper my passion. I'll see to it that you'll be downing GMO from now until 6 months after your DEAD.
edit on 7-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Wow thats weird... I haven't been a rat owner myself but have had many friends who were and still are and having worked at veterinary practices for 3 years, I can say that I've only see maybe a handful of rats who have had tumours... and they didn't look like those in the photo - they were smaller and more subtle - and they were cancerous. I have never seen a tumour on a rat like those in the photo.

So maybe it was something in the food..? What bedding did you use for them..? What kind of hutch/cage were they in..? Rats don't just grow massive tumours for no reason. And from my experience it doesn't seem that common at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

There was no GMO when I was a kid. We're talking 1980's

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by FlySolo

Wow thats weird... I haven't been a rat owner myself but have had many friends who were and still are and having worked at veterinary practices for 3 years, I can say that I've only see maybe a handful of rats who have had tumours... and they didn't look like those in the photo - they were smaller and more subtle - and they were cancerous. I have never seen a tumour on a rat like those in the photo.

So maybe it was something in the food..? What bedding did you use for them..? What kind of hutch/cage were they in..? Rats don't just grow massive tumours for no reason. And from my experience it doesn't seem that common at all.

FWIW, they're doing this experiment again and with cameras rolling because of criticism it received last go. One of the criticisms is that the species of rat used has problems with tumors. Perhaps it was the species in your case?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

That would truly make my day! I really hope that something comes of all of this and that Monsanto is no more.
I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by FlySolo

I can't remember what food I fed them other than just regular pet food for rats from the pet store. Bedding would be just wood chips. I also fed them whatever they wanted and sometimes I would also let them run around in the house. At times one would hop in my bed at night to sleep. No joke. They make great pets. But they always got huge gigantic cancerous tumors. Once in my 20's I actually took one in to the vet to get is surgically removed. This time it grew back on the throat and I had to put it down myself. This was around 1993, still no GMO yet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join