Nigel Farage (EU politican): Who do you think you are?

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Most of you have perhaps seen this epic speach by Nigel Farage in the European Union, but its just so awesome that its worth bringing attention to if you havent seen it before. This guy seems like a European version of Ron Paul. It takes a lot of guts to stand on the side of the people these days, and not many do.

This video was filmed in 2010. Notice that he says he suspects Spain will be next for the bailout banksters, and look at what we are seeing in spain now....its all planned before it happens.




edit on 7-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
What an excellent speech. Too bad it won’t have any tangible affect on how the EU goes about its business, though.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I love watching Nigel in action, he certainly has a grasp of how they are working , shame he can't seem to do much about it.
Some of his addresses are epic.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You really do have to admire him, getting up there and not just telling them all how it really is to their faces but to stand and point out how wrong they are. He often has a go at them for being 'non elected rulers' too. Why can't he be running our country instead of the gruesome twosome that we have at the moment?
If I had a choice I would vote in Nigel Farage, Brian Gerrish (from uk.colum.org) and Lord Christopher Monkton. They are the only 3 I know of so far that actually seem to be awake and agaisnt what is going on.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I enjoy watching Nigel Farage's speeches and agree with the vast majority of what he has to say about the EU.

Unfortunately he is very much a one trick pony - ignore his views on the EU and it's pretty obvious he's just another privately educated Tory toff whose primary interest is in maintaining the present corrupt, incestuous and elitist UK systems and society.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   


Unfortunately he is very much a one trick pony - ignore his views on the EU and it's pretty obvious he's just another privately educated Tory toff whose primary interest is in maintaining the present corrupt, incestuous and elitist UK systems and society.


What makes you feel that way? Got anything I can read or watch to try and understand your views?



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn
 


Indeed, but because of the other parties ignorance of the masses over the EU issue, UKIP are getting a platform now. One glance over their manifesto though and you realise they are a little unhinged and definitely a one trick party. There is a real risk however of massive Tory defections to UKIP at the next election, which could be interesting....

EDIT: Too add, I have just re-read their manifesto properly and it has changed somewhat since I last looked at UKIP. To be honest, they seem somewhat coherent these days...

Then again, manifesto's are not binding and are often ignored once elected...
edit on 7/10/12 by stumason because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


Have a read of the UKIP manifesto and make you own mind up:

www.ukip.org...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


Actually, having read some of the manifesto, I am quite intrigued by them now... Before I had only read snippets...

Damn.... I am now confused...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


I read it too.


What are you confused about?
edit on 7-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


Whether to give them my vote or not....

Oddly enough, I rather like a lot of what their saying.....

Before I read it today, UKIP were always a one trick pony to me... Now, I am not so sure. I still think they are Tories in different colours, but I jive with many conservative values, I consider myself centre-right anyway.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


You show your ability to change your views based on the information you read, which is a sign of strength of character in a person. Many of us pick a side and then we defend that side for the rest of our lives, because we somehow make it a personal battle. And we want to win.

I salute you for not being one of those people. I myself hadnt come across your information before I created this thread so thanks again for sharing it.

edit on 7-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


The world would be a better place if we could all admit we might be wrong! Not saying I do it all the time, mind you...ask the missus...



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


Whether to give them my vote or not....

Oddly enough, I rather like a lot of what their saying.....

Before I read it today, UKIP were always a one trick pony to me... Now, I am not so sure. I still think they are Tories in different colours, but I jive with many conservative values, I consider myself centre-right anyway.


I had a similar experience about 6 months ago.

I was shocked to find how much of their manifesto i agreed with.

They cant win but voting for them may force the Tories to steal their ideas.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911
 


Farage used to be a member of The Conservative Party but left after The Maastricht Treaty.

Apart from the EU issue UKIP's policies were always either identical to The Tory's with just a different spin applied or idealistic nonsense with little substance.

However, stu, (he maybe centre right, which as much as I hate labelling anything I don't think I am, but he is a man of integrity whose opinion I hold in high regard), seems to think they now offer something at least worth considering so when I have a bit more time I'll have a good look at their 2012 manifesto - but as previously noted, manifesto's mean very little nowadays.
Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dems all brazenly disregard pre-election pledges with open disdain and impudence - promises made to the electorate count for nothing anymore, if they ever did.

Despite Farage's dislike of the EU and his apparent disgust at the waste, expense and corruption of it - which I agree with him - it seems he doesn't mind dipping his nose in the trough, he claimed an additional £2million pounds in expenses over two years.

He also seem to share that complete disregard for law that most current politicians seem to have when it comes to personal gain;


In 1999 the BBC spent four months filming a documentary about his European elections campaign but didn't show it. Farage, then head of UKIP's South East office, asked for a video and got friends to make illegal copies which were sold for £5 through the UKIP magazine. Surrey Trading Standards investigated and Farage has admitted the offence.


en.wikipedia.org...

Or is that just showing entrepreneurial initiative?
edit on 7/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity


ETA
Of course that is just one side of the story - I'm sure Farage will have his version of things.
edit on 7/10/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Farage used to be a member of The Conservative Party but left after The Maastricht Treaty.

Apart from the EU issue UKIP's policies were always either identical to The Tory's with just a different spin applied or idealistic nonsense with little substance.


There does appear to be an element of Tory-ness about them. Thing is, their polices (like the Tories pre-2010) are all very nice, in principle. Then, once in power, they simply don't get implemented. Now, the ministers will have you believe that the Civil Servants are trying to dictate policy, and there may be an element of truth in this, but they have to take responsibility and come down on them if they are blocking reforms...


Originally posted by Freeborn
However, stu, (he maybe centre right, which as much as I hate labelling anything I don't think I am, but he is a man of integrity whose opinion I hold in high regard), seems to think they now offer something at least worth considering so when I have a bit more time I'll have a good look at their 2012 manifesto - but as previously noted, manifesto's mean very little nowadays.


I hate labelling myself too, I have some lefty ideals as well and like to think of myself as "politically versatile", but I suppose my core beliefs are what would be traditionally called centre-right... It is worth a read, whether you like it or not is another thing. Not saying I am now going to vote UKIP, but it's worth looking at certainly.


Originally posted by Freeborn
Labour, Conservatives and Lib Dems all brazenly disregard pre-election pledges with open disdain and impudence - promises made to the electorate count for nothing anymore, if they ever did.


Indeed. Partly I suspect this is down to the Civil Servants, as stated above, trying to maintain the status quo or their own little fiefdoms, but at the end of the day I liken a manifesto pledge as the same as getting a guarantee on a new vacuum cleaner or washing machine. If it didn't do the job it was advertised to do or was broken on receipt, you should be able to take it back. The same should be said of our Politicians by making manifesto pledges legally binding. See Japan for how that works....


Originally posted by Freeborn
Despite Farage's dislike of the EU and his apparent disgust at the waste, expense and corruption of it - which I agree with him - it seems he doesn't mind dipping his nose in the trough, he claimed an additional £2million pounds in expenses over two years.

He also seem to share that complete disregard for law that most current politicians seem to have when it comes to personal gain;


In 1999 the BBC spent four months filming a documentary about his European elections campaign but didn't show it. Farage, then head of UKIP's South East office, asked for a video and got friends to make illegal copies which were sold for £5 through the UKIP magazine. Surrey Trading Standards investigated and Farage has admitted the offence.


en.wikipedia.org...

Or is that just showing entrepreneurial initiative?
edit on 7/10/12 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity


ETA
Of course that is just one side of the story - I'm sure Farage will have his version of things.
edit on 7/10/12 by Freeborn because: Add ETA


Admittedly, Farage is not a character I've ever liked which is perhaps another reason I never looked at UKIP seriously.



posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 


I don't doubt for one minute that senior Civil Servants try to unduly influence policy to further their own agenda's.

I seem to recall civial servants being involved in the various alleged plots against Harold Wilson - I have no reason at all to think that they would act exactly the same with any Prime Minister who wished to implement policies which would be contrary to their wishes or more specifically interests.

However, I suspect that this would be most unlikely under a Conservative administration - they tend to be from the same sort of elite background and with the same vested interests - I dare say that offered little resistance to Blair and Brown's policies for the exact same reason.

Obviously there are inherent faults with the Civil Service system and they have an obscene amount of power and influence for unelected officials.
But I'm not convinced with this recent bout of passing the buck on to them.
It seems as if all our current politicians are incapable of accepting responsibility for their own actions and poor decision making.
Whatever the process the ultimate decision and responsibility always lies with the relevant Minister.
How often do politicians resign nowadays?
Very rarely.
Politicians like Heseltine, Hurd and Lawson had principles and accepted that the buck stopped with them - quite the opposite to this amoral bunch we have today.

Seems quite obvious to me that this is the usual deflection tactics for public consumption whilst absolving the politicians of any responsibility.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Like most things in the UK, reform of the Civil Service is required but for this to happen we need politicians of conviction rather than the careerist, self-promoting and self-advancing crop we have today.

A bit of preaching to the converted I know, and I've wandered a bit off topic yet again - becoming too much of a habit this.





new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join