It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacteria Produces Pure Gold

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

www.moneytalksnews.com

Researchers at Michigan State University have perhaps discovered the secret of alchemy. They proved that a bacteria called Cupriavidus metallidurans gobbles up a toxic liquid chemical called gold chloride and spits out 24k gold in metallic form a week later.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Surprising thing to digest. Could the secret of alchemy ultimately be just a strain of bacteria capable of producing gold? I can get the alchemy of converting one's soul into gold, or the spiritual part. And can digest alchemy as a spiritual path like any other spiritual paths out there. However the physical claims made by alchemy, if there were any, that it can produce gold from metal, and if it was the result of a bacteria strain.. is just surprising

www.moneytalksnews.com

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by skywalker_

some plants mine gold

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That's interesting I was just watching a vid on how to make gold by reduction of chloroauric acid with sodium metabisulfite.
I can't wait till they show how to breed chickens to lay golden eggs!!!

edit on 6-10-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Yeesh...the bacteria does not produce gold!

It seperates the gold chloride from the toxin & its already been posted on here.

Would love to here what this process costs per ounce - guessing more than 2K an ounce.

Peace

edit on 6-10-2012 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_

Surprising thing to digest. Could the secret of alchemy ultimately be just a strain of bacteria capable of producing gold? I can get the alchemy of converting one's soul into gold, or the spiritual part. And can digest alchemy as a spiritual path like any other spiritual paths out there. However the physical claims made by alchemy, if there were any, that it can produce gold from metal, and if it was the result of a bacteria strain.. is just surprising

www.moneytalksnews.com

OK, so you can "get" all of the airy fairy, mumbo jumbo, make believe, pretending friend soul stuff but you can't accept or maybe even entertain that there could be bacteria that want the chlorides from gold chloride and expell the gold as waste? Hmmmm fair enough.

But, saying that, I thought gold was inert hence hearing that there is gold chloride is something that I'll now have to look into

here we go

Source en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6/10/12 by steve1709 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
yea this is an art project, and is used as an example

his solution is gold-chloride which costs more than the gold the bacteria would produce. But he setup this project as an Art piece with a little "science" tossed in.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
A number of us small miners have known about using bacteria for over 30 years.

I know of at least 6 old mines that have a setup where they run mine water through tanks filled with wood chips and winter septic tank activator.
The bacteria in the septic tank activator will pick up gold in the mine water and hold it on the wood chips.
After a couple years you dry and burn the wood chips in a charcoal making furnace to ash then add flux to the ash and fire it in a fire assay crucible.

The good thing about this system is that it helps clean up the mine water before it can get in streams and cause problems and can be added just before a regular mine water clean up plant.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

According to Brown, it wouldn’t be profitable to mass produce gold this way – so this probably isn’t the world-changing discovery the word “alchemy” would suggest. But it’s still pretty cool, like the fact that you can buy gold from a vending machine.

Why do you alchemy guys always leave stuff like this out?

This is only the first time this has happened to the best of my knowledge but I can see a trend developing very quickly.

This is witchcraft!

This is blasphemy!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

nothing to get too excited about, they are feeding in gold chloride which is spitting out hard gold. just like feed water to refrigerator and it turns into ice in few hours.

if it was turning gold from even liquid brass then probably this finding would not have even been publicized.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by skywalker_

www.moneytalksnews.com

Researchers at Michigan State University have perhaps discovered the secret of alchemy. They proved that a bacteria called Cupriavidus metallidurans gobbles up a toxic liquid chemical called gold chloride and spits out 24k gold in metallic form a week later.

Now I've heard it all.

S/F Interesting read.

-SAP-

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
According to Brown it says, who is Brown?

Is he from Michigan or is he from Australia? Devry?

Seems they have to lie to get you to read, shame.

Seems to me some of you just skimmed this article without actually reading it.

And this gem from the lady posting on the article...

Ida Thomas · Pensacola Junior College
finally a bacteria that doesn't kill U.

Reply · · 6 hours ago

I felt my brain cells dying as I read that, perhaps Pensacola Junior College lets anyone in its doors?

edit on 6-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The researchers even say this is not an economical way to extract gold metal from gold chloride. Existing chemicals do the job much better than bacteria.

What is interesting about this story is the way it is presented in the MSM and the spun perception that this is a form of alchemy and the way public then lap up that idea, disinformation indeed!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So much for the gold standard.

Copper standard any one?
edit on 7-10-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Copper standard any one?

I hope so! I have lots of the stuff.

On topic, this is pretty cool; I hadn't heard of it before, but, in my opinion it is not heresy or blasphemy or witchcraft (I couldn't tell if whoever said that above was being sarcastic or not).

Seems to me it is biology/chemistry at work, and a keen discovery.

edit on 7-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Neat discovery.

However Alchemy was/is mental processes and seeking cloaked in the language of matter to hide it from those who would persecute those working on reaching "golden" consciousness (or spirituality to use the word preferred by some).
edit on 7-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Never would have thought of gold as bug crap.
If this indeed is true it is amazing how everything seems to connect in nature. Next we find out that oil is a product of a virus.

Nice find OP!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sounds like a classic case of fools gold This is by no means close or as illustrious as the forbidden art of transmuting gold with alchemy.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've never understood people trying to create gold. The whole reason gold is valuable is because it's a limited resource. If people started creating gold in mass the value of it would drop.

I could understand someone making gold in secret, but a government, or group of scientists doing it.. what's the point?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join