It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS. The damning evidence.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Alright, its not being caught red handed, but it IS intriguing.

Now I have some what of a decently knowledgeable opinion of different forum software and the basic syntax needed to work with php and mysql the program language most of them if not all of them are written in. Obviously there might be some open source, or custom setup I know nothing about. And ATS uses one of them.

Now why would they do that? There are several VERY well developed forum software' for pretty cheap ($70-$300). The most popular back a few years ago when I did a little moding(modifications) was invision. But ones built from scratch are rare because once you have a license to the software like invision, everything is open source, and there are thousands of mods for just about anything to cosmetic skins to forum role playing games. There is nothing on this forum that a free or cheap mod couldn't accomplish. Even if you wanted to make the mods yourself, it would take a thousand times less time than if you were to code from scratch.

The suspicious answer would be, they got some of the best tech guys in the world to build a perfect information gathering, sorting, allocating, calculating, responding, automated disinformation system!!!!!!!!!

Tho its circumstantial at best. It also explains all the bad designing. The didn't care about things like making the tag buttons more useful.

Are the evil forces upon us even now!!!!!!!?????

*I in no way endorse this as fact, purely fun speculation.

Edit: Quick to be defensive, the ATS moderator is a sketchy breed it seems. Are these isolated incidents or are there some on the staff with a sense of humor?
edit on 6-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Of course... On the other hand...they could be using a heavily modified and customized commercial package (as I believe I've seen stated this started as at one time) and just happily modifying it as time goes on to meet their needs. Have you run a website of any size? No forum system...no matter how nice and fancy...does everything in just the way the Admins would like it to. If only we all had the talent ATS attracts to work on their back end, every site would be modified like this, I'm sure. (and most high level professional ones are and much further).

(BTW... I recognize some areas of the s/w here and could say exactly what package they started as by little characteristics that haven't been changed...although they seem to prefer to avoid the names of what things started as, it really does strike me as great adapting over time)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Of course... On the other hand...they could be using a heavily modified and customized commercial package (as I believe I've seen stated this started as at one time) and just happily modifying it as time goes on to meet their needs. Have you run a website of any size? No forum system...no matter how nice and fancy...does everything in just the way the Admins would like it to. If only we all had the talent ATS attracts to work on their back end, every site would be modified like this, I'm sure. (and most high level professional ones are and much further).

(BTW... I recognize some areas of the s/w here and could say exactly what package they started as by little characteristics that haven't been changed...although they seem to prefer to avoid the names of what things started as, it really does strike me as great adapting over time)

Check out neocodex.us
Thats well designed for user experience.
If ATS really has high level professionals then what are they spending their resources on? Cause almost everything is inconvenient when compared to any other forum I am a member of. But the algorithms they have been using to set up hot topics, and trending topics, etc, is decently well thought out. But that would go hand in hand with the hypothesis presented in the op

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

I assume you didn't know about this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm really happy about their new redesign and how it's looking. Given that I just got myself a tablet, the timing couldn't be better for the compliance changes.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Feck it, Im convinced!!!!!!!!!

So what now?

I vote we hunt down all the mods and owners and give them a spanking for being naughty boys and girls.

Either that or we just accept this is a CIA Psy ops intelligence gathering tool and stick it to em.

Yeah you!!!!!!! you constipated coffee breathed corporate goon whos sitting in a room going through all our posts, GET A LIFE DUDE!!!!!!

That told em

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

I ACTUALLY lol'd for the first time in awhile at your avatar.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What evidence ?
ATS is one of the best site on the internet that i have came accross
so many good threads and bad yes .. but they have a point in commun
they all have a goal to try and expend the mind of people around the world to see other horizons
or people that have paranormal phenomenon or UFO sightings and wants answers
there is more good points then bad points
here none respect is NOT tolerated thats the ultimate rule
all other forums really dont care if people insults each others
if it was FFA the site would be completely different with much more bad points

just remember that a conspiracy site like ATS
must stress a lot of government folks and different agencies
everything must be precisely balanced for both sides all the time
im sure SO dont want to be shut down or have the CIA or FBI in his office at 5am

edit on 10/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you have some Earth-shaking evidence that will blow the doors off popular conspiracies...you can post it anywhere on the internet.

Go ahead and slam-dunk it on a blog or some other website.

ATS isn't the only site on the web.

What's holding you back?

Instead, you want to complain about a site you post on and will no doubt be offended if the site-owners prefer not to host allegations against them.

If you were in my home and made allegations, I'd ask you to behave or leave and you'd do the same too.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

...build a perfect information gathering, sorting, allocating, calculating, responding, automated disinformation system!

I thought it already existed. Its called the Internet.
If you can't take the heat...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The ATS headquarters are located in Agartha deep below inside the Hollow earth. The Mods, are the elders also called the illuminated ones. The site administrators were cast down to earth a long time ago along with Lucifer who is now called ScepticOverlord.

The first contact with humanity was made between the the illuminated ones and the United States of America's Government a couple decades ago and Project ATS was launched.

The legend says that one day, the chosen one will appear here on ATS, his introduction thread will receive 666 flags and stars. From there the ATS project will be accomplished.

All who have ever posted on ATS will be hit by a strange plague and be turned into demons. This should happen around december 21th 2012. The Mods (elders) will fly out of Agartha and enslave humanity helped by the former ATS members.

This is all going to happen very soon.

And there is nothing you can do about it.
edit on 6-10-2012 by Synarchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2012 by Synarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You lost me at php and mysql lol

Seriously though, the entire internet is one big data gathering cluster you know what. I like it here and I'm not too worried

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Maybe its because PhpBB and other proprietary software tends to buckle under the weight of 2 million visits a month and 14 million posts.

Did you even consider that?

The sheer size of this site means there has to be customisation in order that it runs.

Of course, its easier to try and make crap up than think about practicalities...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

If you have some Earth-shaking evidence that will blow the doors off popular conspiracies...you can post it anywhere on the internet.

What's holding you back?

Instead, you want to complain about a site you post on and will no doubt be offended if the site-owners prefer not to host allegations against them.

If you were in my home and made allegations, I'd ask you to behave or leave and you'd do the same too.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Why is this being starred????

The OP clearly states its just a bit of fun speculation, hes not insulting the site or anyone attached to it yet many people seem to be having a case of bunched up panties.

First off people get a sense of humour
2nd Its a conspiracy website, it would be more conspiracy worthy if there werent any conspiracies related to the site.

Seriously people cheer up a bit

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Fair enough, but I still think you guys are inside the hollow earth plotting for world domination.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

What's holding you back?

This isn't your home. Its the internet. A conspiracy forum were people talk about comets being rocks with teachers inside like little prizes.
Believe me, I hear much more far fetched conspiracies talked about as FACT in the science forum every day. And that misinfo actually does damage. I even said it was fun speculation and even provided a smiliey. This post could at worst, make the paranoid a little more paranoid. Wanna do some usefull moderating go yell at the dude who says the stars and planets are tricks of demons.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I love this place, conspiracy and drama.
Amazing.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Of course, its easier to try and make crap up than think about practicalities...

Wait, so you guys DONT support the distribution of wildly unsupported claims?

And your kidding right?
The technical part.
..........Not on the tech team I see.....

link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

No drama. I should have put one these at the end of the post >>
or

Is that better?

CX

link   
Really, who cares how the forum is built?

It's good enough for people to come in and enjoy it, if it was that bad a design, surely we wouldn't come right?

Some people would just say thanks, instead of criticizing it just a week after signing up.

CX.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

No if your so concerned about wrongful information getting out I wanna take advantage of that. Can I file a report on a couple nuts who frequent the science forum and confuse people with nonsense?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join