It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS. The damning evidence.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ubeenhad

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Sure, go ahead. Complaints are taken seriously.

Use the *alert* function and staff will discuss your complaint.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There are two large "camps" taking over all the internet forums

The first is IB or Internet Brands - who purchased Vbulletin forum software and owns many domains

IB operates the largest portfolio of powerful, vertical brands on the Internet:

- 100+ category leading websites
- 98% organic (non-paid) traffic
- 1 efficient, growth-oriented operating platform

the second is Verticalscope - they usually run Vbulletin software and are in direct competition with Internet Brands

Founded in 1999, VerticalScope Inc. is a privately-held Canadian corporation headquartered in Toronto. We are a leading Internet media company that provides detailed coverage and analysis of the powersports, technology and sports vertical markets. VerticalScope’s network of industry web magazines, portals and online communities reach more than five million enthusiasts and decision makers each month. A pioneer in Consumer Generated Media, VerticalScope’s targeted network of discussion forums and community web sites have in excess of one million registered members and tens of millions of consumer generated posts, articles, and blog entries. For more information please visit www.verticalscope.com...

I know that both these "brands" are still buying up every and all popular forum based sites!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Not ATS.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by BrianG

Not ATS.

Maybe just not the right offer yet

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubeenhad
Alright, its not being caught red handed, but it IS intriguing.

Now I have some what of a decently knowledgeable opinion of different forum software and the basic syntax needed to work with php and mysql the program language most of them if not all of them are written in. Obviously there might be some open source, or custom setup I know nothing about. And ATS uses one of them.

Now why would they do that? There are several VERY well developed forum software' for pretty cheap ($70-$300). The most popular back a few years ago when I did a little moding(modifications) was invision. But ones built from scratch are rare because once you have a license to the software like invision, everything is open source, and there are thousands of mods for just about anything to cosmetic skins to forum role playing games. There is nothing on this forum that a free or cheap mod couldn't accomplish. Even if you wanted to make the mods yourself, it would take a thousand times less time than if you were to code from scratch.

The suspicious answer would be, they got some of the best tech guys in the world to build a perfect information gathering, sorting, allocating, calculating, responding, automated disinformation system!!!!!!!!!

Tho its circumstantial at best. It also explains all the bad designing. The didn't care about things like making the tag buttons more useful.

Are the evil forces upon us even now!!!!!!!?????

*I in no way endorse this as fact, purely fun speculation.

Edit: Quick to be defensive, the ATS moderator is a sketchy breed it seems. Are these isolated incidents or are there some on the staff with a sense of humor?
edit on 6-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

First off, I have been "online" longer that most people on this site. I was a forum moderator for Compuserve, Delphi, and GEnie in the day. I helped develop FORUM BBS, one of the most prolific software BBS systems back in the mid 1980's. I was a sysop for a dozen or more BBS's in my day, and was an early developer of FIDO net. I have written hundreds of online applications, long before the internet came online to the world. SO I think I am qualified to comment as an expert.

While ATS lacks some functions and is quirky, it is SECURE and it works. It is custom, so that means ATS has access to the source code, to add, edit, or customize when they wish.

vBulletin has had security issues. It is locked down, so there is no customization capabilities.

Both ATS and vBulletin, however, are equally able to collect data -- its what you do with the data that matters.

Open Source does NOT mean "better." I don't know why you would think that. Yes, there are some VERY GOOD open source applications out there...but I would choose a software application that WORKS, as apposed to being POPULAR. The two DO NOT equate.

I could go on and on...but my pizza is getting cold.

If it works, don't fix it.

edit on 6-10-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Vbulletin can be totally modded out, been running their software for a looong time

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Alright, its not being caught red handed, but it IS intriguing.

Now I have some what of a decently knowledgeable opinion of different forum software and the basic syntax needed to work with php and mysql the program language most of them if not all of them are written in. Obviously there might be some open source, or custom setup I know nothing about. And ATS uses one of them.

Now why would they do that? There are several VERY well developed forum software' for pretty cheap ($70-$300). The most popular back a few years ago when I did a little moding(modifications) was invision. But ones built from scratch are rare because once you have a license to the software like invision, everything is open source, and there are thousands of mods for just about anything to cosmetic skins to forum role playing games. There is nothing on this forum that a free or cheap mod couldn't accomplish. Even if you wanted to make the mods yourself, it would take a thousand times less time than if you were to code from scratch.

The suspicious answer would be, they got some of the best tech guys in the world to build a perfect information gathering, sorting, allocating, calculating, responding, automated disinformation system!!!!!!!!!

Tho its circumstantial at best. It also explains all the bad designing. The didn't care about things like making the tag buttons more useful.

Are the evil forces upon us even now!!!!!!!?????

*I in no way endorse this as fact, purely fun speculation.

Edit: Quick to be defensive, the ATS moderator is a sketchy breed it seems. Are these isolated incidents or are there some on the staff with a sense of humor?
edit on 6-10-2012 by ubeenhad because: (no reason given)

First off, I have been "online" longer that most people on this site. I was a forum moderator for Compuserve, Delphi, and GEnie in the day. I helped develop FORUM BBS, one of the most prolific software BBS systems back in the mid 1980's. I was a sysop for a dozen or more BBS's in my day, and was an early developer of FIDO net. I have written hundreds of online applications, long before the internet came online to the world. SO I think I am qualified to comment as an expert.

While ATS lacks some functions and is quirky, it is SECURE and it works. It is custom, so that means ATS has access to the source code, to add, edit, or customize when they wish.

vBulletin has had security issues. It is locked down, so there is no customization capabilities.

Both ATS and vBulletin, however, are equally able to collect data -- its what you do with the data that matters.

Open Source does NOT mean "better." I don't know why you would think that. Yes, there are some VERY GOOD open source applications out there...but I would choose a software application that WORKS, as apposed to being POPULAR. The two DO NOT equate.

I could go on and on...but my pizza is getting cold.

If it works, don't fix it.

edit on 6-10-2012 by phantomjack because: (no reason given)

Atleast you will admit its quirky.
I agree with most of what you said and was informed by the rest.

I know there was alot of rumors about ATS and i wanted to entice the looney tunes with a fun topic. If you have met me over at the science forum I am a staunch realist, and wouldn't never form a strong opinion without fact.

The idea that 2 different moderators had to get butt hurt over it is laughable and an embarrassment.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Feck it, Im convinced!!!!!!!!!

So what now?

I vote we hunt down all the mods and owners and give them a spanking for being naughty boys and girls.

Either that or we just accept this is a CIA Psy ops intelligence gathering tool and stick it to em.

Yeah you!!!!!!! you constipated coffee breathed corporate goon whos sitting in a room going through all our posts, GET A LIFE DUDE!!!!!!

That told em

Dude! You know as soon as you bring spankings into it, you're not going to have to hunt them down! They'll line up at your door!!

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

neocodex.us??? I checked out that site and the forum on that page is exactly like every other "forum" on the internet.

I have participated in many forums and i can assure you, as far as this "user" is concerned, that site is not "well designed for user experience" This site is, and thats why i continue to frequent this particular site.

From what i gather from your OP, this site is most likely a popular forum software modified to the current appearance. If that is the case then SO WHAT?!?

Is this some kind of internet hipsterism? You were a fan of forum software before it was cool?

Whether this site is modified forum software, or custom coded software is irrelevant, it is eye pleasing, easy to navigate and has a kick ass community.

Trying to attribute a gathering of minds on the internet to disinformation is pointless as the internet is nothing more than information. ATS is an open platform for ANYONE to post evidence, opinion, or facts about just about anything. Don't try to make the site creators out to be evil for providing the platform.

DC
edit on 10/7/2012 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx

I have participated in many forums and i can assure you, as far as this "user" is concerned, that site is not "well designed for user experience" This site is, and thats why i continue to frequent this particular site.

DC

Obviously not.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
There's lots of information available if you look for it.

Back in 2002 +/- Simon Gray migrated the discussion board to the XMB Forum software. It was semi-open source, but soon after (2004) I purchased the ability to expand upon their core code. (XMB went closed source a couple years later).

To ensure security, we created a custom code base around the XMB core. And, since no then other forum system is capable of responding to the traffic levels we see -- at least not with the quantity of servers we have -- a long list of custom modifications have been created that no other "forum" system has. The recent VB announcements as to new performance features are just now catching up to where ATS was in 2009.

And with our current upgrades, we'll be the only forum package that is fully responsive; meaning the website URL will behave as a native app on smart phones without the need to download an app. Essentially the only forum optimized for modern browsers and HTML5/CSS3.

So what was your point again?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
I was a forum moderator for Compuserve, Delphi, and GEnie in the day.

Do you remember the Computer Arts Forum and/or PoliSci Forum on Compu$erve? If so, that was me.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
*Bows out

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Dont know the answer to this but they could have beefed up the search engine. Or was that part of the conspiracy? Make it hard for us to search...?
edit on 7-10-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I know there was alot of rumors about ATS and i wanted to entice the looney tunes with a fun topic. If you have met me over at the science forum I am a staunch realist, and wouldn't never form a strong opinion without fact.

Odd that - 'cause you were arguing your case, and the title of the thread is "ATS. The damning evidence...."

Reads like a preconceived opinion to me.

The idea that 2 different moderators had to get butt hurt over it is laughable and an embarrassment.

Well, you'll get past your embarrassment. Maybe next time you could couch things differently and ask instead of accuse, without the "sensationalist" thread title. Heaven forbid that two of the board staff - who are both long term members and have heard all of this before numerous times over - would be defensive about a place they enjoy so much eh?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I Believe it.

Deny Ignorance, Accept Idiocy,

Or

Deny Truth, Accept ATS

Or

Deny evil exists, accept The Next Program

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Cool topic..

It's not ATS you have to worry about. It's all the guys I trained with in the Army and the NSA Computers/data mining you should be worried about.

As far as I can tell, they keep every piece of information ever. With the right coding they can have all that info pre sorted and searchable. Wouldn't be surprised if they even have algorithms to build a psych profile on you so that if you ever break your security clearance they will know what your likely next move is.

I don't understand how people wouldn't be able to get info on you, and try and dissuade important topics in a PUBLIC forum. The psych ops guys are allowed to join here too. Monsanto guys could be here. FSB could be on here. Israeli lobbyists can be on here.

What can you do?

Don't live in fear. Stand up TALL for what you believe in. Don't go on witch hunts. You can win the game if you are on the side of truth.

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There's lots of information available if you look for it.

Back in 2002 +/- Simon Gray migrated the discussion board to the XMB Forum software. It was semi-open source, but soon after (2004) I purchased the ability to expand upon their core code. (XMB went closed source a couple years later).

To ensure security, we created a custom code base around the XMB core. And, since no then other forum system is capable of responding to the traffic levels we see -- at least not with the quantity of servers we have -- a long list of custom modifications have been created that no other "forum" system has. The recent VB announcements as to new performance features are just now catching up to where ATS was in 2009.

And with our current upgrades, we'll be the only forum package that is fully responsive; meaning the website URL will behave as a native app on smart phones without the need to download an app. Essentially the only forum optimized for modern browsers and HTML5/CSS3.

So what was your point again?

I know nothing about computers or programming or servers or anything else your talking about but to me what you just said seems like an admission of guilt!!!!!

What I understood from the above post is that ATS's system is so advanced it was either created by aliens or demons!!!!!
And here we were thinking it was just the military.

For coming clean Mr Overlord you can choose the tool of your spanking, belt or ruler?
edit on 7-10-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ATS's top secret headquarters - aka as the "gathering room" - buried deep with the lower intestine of the internet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join