It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When they do come back they have a lot of things to do. Lots of trees in the hole from yuesterday's storm. We had 40+ mph wind down here. No new developments amoung the residence.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
100 million cubic feet of gas estimated in the aquifer. Only 2 million cubic feet vented as of the 20tg. At this rate it will take them 5 years to fully vent the aquifer. Assuming it isn't from the gas fields disrupted by the sinkhole which DNR has yet to say it is. They also stated that they have faults around the dome. When the DNR rep was questioned where those faults are he didn't know.

Also word is going around that Jindal may be in bed with the oil industry and people are now going to start looking into his campaign contributions. He has only been in contact with 1 person regarding this disaster and that is head of DNR. He hasn't been in contact with parish president, head of the local department of homeland security, nor state reps.
edit on 27-12-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
100 million cubic feet of gas estimated in the aquifer. Only 2 million cubic feet vented as of the 20tg. At this rate it will take them 5 years to fully vent the aquifer. Assuming it isn't from the gas fields disrupted by the sinkhole which DNR has yet to say of it is.

The sinkhole and the Fukushima Daichi disaster have some things in common.

In both cases...

1 - The private companies involved are snowballing the public about the "progress" they are making.

2 - The responsible governments and their agencies are doing as much, or more, to cover up how bad things really are as the companies.

3 - If you examine the facts, and reports by experts not beholden to the companies or governments, it is clear that there is much more danger from each event than is being let on officially.

4 - Even though much of it is speculation; it is speculation by people who should know that the dangers from both could extend into the area of biblical proportions.

5 - And finally, there is no end in sight for either event.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Texas Brine Company, LLC UPDATE December 26, 2012

1. The Observation Well remains shut in. The snubbing unit that was required for the removal of the 4 inch tubing from the well is being dismantled. The removal of the tubing was necessary to facilitate a Vertical Seismic Profile (VSP) procedure set for early January.

2. The sinkhole released vegetative debris to the surface last night. Very little liquid hydrocarbon accompanied the debris, all of which was contained within the boom that is secured around the perimeter. Clean-up crews were able to remove a large portion of the debris and liquid hydrocarbon today. Those efforts will continue on Thursday. Other than this activity, there were no observable changes to the shape or size of the sinkhole

3. The shallow aquifer relief well was closed today while water was removed from the casing and logging of the well was conducted. Upon completion of those procedures, the well was re-opened and flaring at the surface continued.

4. The pressure monitoring well on the Texas Brine site that is now also serving as a vent well continues to flare natural gas from the shallow aquifer. During the past 24 hour period, the flow rate from this well, identified as TBC-2, was measured at 22,000 cubic feet. Tests are scheduled for another of the on-site pressure monitoring wells to see if can also serve as a vent well.

5. There has been no further progress made on securing landowner approval for a second pressure monitoring well in the Bayou Corne community. The first of those wells has been installed and will be regularly monitored for gas pressure in the aquifer.

Source

Next Operational Period (27 Dec 2012– 3 Jan 2013) Incident Action Plan

• Texas Brine installed temporary geophones in their well (December)
• Texas Brine pulled the 4-inch pipe out of the Oxy 3A well (24 December)
• Texas Brine contractor completed pressure monitoring on Geoprobes (December 2012)
• PDK log was run on Texas Brine vent well #1 as of 26 December

– Staff providing assist Assumption Parish Incident Commander and DEQ with bubble site monitoring, communtiy air monitoring, and in-home monitoring

And still no date for next public meeting.

Source

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Newest update from Celestial Convergence dated today, 12/28/2012

Not a lot new again but I want to post it anyway for documentation purposes.

SOURCE

December 28, 2012 - UNITED STATES

The 8.5-acre Assumption Parish sinkhole, located between the Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou communities, burped this week for the second time in a month, the company cleaning up the site reported Thursday. Sonny Cranch, a spokesman for Texas Brine Co. LLC, said the burp happened either Christmas night or early Wednesday.

Celestial Convergence's source - The Advocate

Cranch has said the sinkhole’s belching is simply part of its “natural life,” especially following a slough-off where more land was swallowed by the sinkhole.

“When trees on the perimeter fall in due to the supersaturated soil conditions, the weight of the dirt around the root structure carries many — not all — of those trees to the bottom,” he said. “As the dirt washes off the roots over time, the natural buoyancy allows some to rise to the surface.”

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Was listening to a radio show this morning and they had our Lt. Governor talking about how he rarely talks to our governor. Jeeze! Where is Bobby!?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think its time we spread the word big time. We need to write our officials, tell the media anyone that will listen, this has gone on too long. I was thinking about starting one of those white house petitions demanding Obama take action. What do you all think?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
I think its time we spread the word big time. We need to write our officials, tell the media anyone that will listen, this has gone on too long. I was thinking about starting one of those white house petitions demanding Obama take action. What do you all think?

Start it and provide a link and I will sign it and encourage my friends to sign it as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I was just on the petition site debating how to word it any suggestions? I want to give it a good enough headline that people will look at it and want to sign it.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird
I was just on the petition site debating how to word it any suggestions? I want to give it a good enough headline that people will look at it and want to sign it.

Maybe you could word it something like this. Fine tune this how you feel, I wasn't quite sure what you were exactly looking for but I take it that you are demanding some attention to this and some answers about the dangers, so maybe this would do.

"Concerned citizens petition the White House to publicly recognize the inherent dangers posed to the public of the Louisiana sinkhole in Ascension Parish and encourage the media to do the same. We feel that Texas Brine and government officials haven't released all information in regards to these possible dangers, which include dangerous radiation levels which are said to be 15 times higher than state-recognized safe levels. The information in a state news release about the radium levels were buried deep in the press release. The release downplayed the results and was poorly written. Other dangers to the public include dangerous levels of oil and methane gas releases, risk of a catastrophic explosion, continuous tremors that could potentially increase in measurable size, and the possibility of an ever growing sinkhole. It’s unclear just what exactly Texas Brine did or didn’t bury at the sinkhole. Neither company nor state regulators have been clear about what’s been taking place at the site for years. They haven’t been honest with the people of Louisiana, the displaced families or the worried residents in the area. We petition the White House to take action on this matter without further delay."

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

I think you captured it all I will condense it and put it forth then link it here. Lets do this

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

OK signed! Thanks for making it!

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am number 3 to sign. I will get the link out to my friends tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
You already know I signed Brie
. So far all AtS members lol

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Anyway we can get a forum moderator to help us out and send our a mass message?

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

Shared on my f/b page.

I'm in TN, but I have friends who live in LA.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I am having a hard time signing here on dial up
I will try again a little later. I think you should start a new Thread for this! It will get to more folks that are not following this Thread.

Edit: Signed and shared on FB

edit on 29-12-2012 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread, may as well post it here too...

There are daily updates posted on these two websites:

www.deq.louisiana.gov...
dnr.louisiana.gov...

And here's a recent public briefing paper (PDF):

dnr.louisiana.gov...

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Sinkhole prompts study for possible alternative road Why would they need to do this promptly???

The brine-filled slurry hole has had expected edge collapses, causing the sinkhole to grow from an area of about two football fields to one now covering about six. Scientists working for the Louisiana Office of Conservation and Shaw Environmental and Infrastructure have estimated the sinkhole could ultimately grow to 1,500 feet in diameter. That’s an area covering more than 30 football fields, or about 40 acres.

They don't expect this to stop soon. If you look at the proposed road, it is well out of harms way.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join