It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA): Evolution, Big Bang ‘Lies Straight From The Pit Of Hell’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

please fix your idiotic herp derp post. It looks like I said it. I think that is one of the most embarassing expressions I've seen in my lifetime.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Do I really need to do that? How about the months and months of dialogue here by leftists and liberals and even Libertarians supporting Occupy Wall Street which was organized by one of the most anti-corporate organizations, Adbusters.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

HerpDerp

I'm not even going to legitimize what you said up there by quoting, because the bulk of the text is irrelevant. But really, I just need to ask you this because I'm really curious; what if the person you're replying to isn't a liberal? Because you can attack liberals all you want, and even be right, but that's irrelevant if the person agrees with you.

Basically what I'm saying is that people don't like to eat red herring much, and would appreciate it if you could stay with the topic that was at hand, which was about how elements of the republican party, the element being the god fearing and preaching, praise jesus culture preying upon sort, seem to denigrate scientific progress and yet hold an economic position that has only been made possible by that very same scientific progress.

I AM on topic and you are just bullying me. While I agree that scientific progress has been made which has allowed us to spend less time washing clothes at the river, which as one person stated has allowed the transport of product across the country via the railroads, and many other scientific inventions, many liberals bemoan that corporations are running our lives and the UN Agenda 21 promotes rationing of resources and a hands off approach to the land., and this guy says Republicans are denying science. It's ludicrous at best.
What Republican would have made a statement such as that? Therefore I used reasoning to deduce that he is likely to be more liberal.
Even if he qualified his statement as Christians, then where are the statistics to show that all Christians believe in the 6000 year old earth theory? And Nancy Pelosi is Catholic and yet she is not a Republican. Rev Wright is "Christian", but he is not Republicvan. Chickens coming home to roost and gd America sure is some intense preachin' good fellow. I think you have made an error in your understanding.

So where does he come off with this "Republicans are against science" *&%^ ?
I say that some scientific theory is (*&^ but not all of it. In fact, I believe that science and religion can work together. But that is just me.
Now the Soviet Union had science when they were fully Communist. But did they have prosperity? So while there is a scientific basis for the making of product, it does not necessarily ensure prosperity.
We are in serious debt, so where is all the prosperity Gaul is talking about? As a nation, we have squandered our prosperity.
Is there gold at Fort Knox?

In the meantime I disagree with the politician's stance on the age of the earth, but I am not against science by any means, just the misuse of it by those who want to enslave us with materialism.

What is prosperity when corrupt people control the use of the resources? Electricity, great but who controls the electrical grids and makes you pay through the nose? Who said he was going to bankrupt the coal industry to make way for "green energy"?
Yah what a way to blame Republicans for all the mess.
edit on 8-10-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Gaul, it wasn't my intent to deny the science involved in the building of railroads or any other scientific invention. But thank you for clarifying your position. Scientific inventions have allowed us a great deal of growth, but this is not the entirety of what creates prosperity.
When the Soviet Union was Communist, the Russian people had money to spend, but there were food shortages. They had farms to grow food, but where was the prosperity? Would you consider the long lines for a loaf of bread a sign of prosperity?
Today we have cars, and computers, video games, all kinds of technology, big screen tvs, but people are losing their homes, people are out of work. What went wrong? We have all the science to fix these things? People in Greece and Spain are out rioting in the streets as a result of the austerity programs which were needed to stem the spending. Where is the prosperity?
When science is used to deny the existence of God, that is when Christians say hey what is wrong here? Even the science shows that an unborn baby has a beating heart at 5 weeks and liberals say the baby is not viable and is just a bunch of cells. So what is the true basis of prosperity? What is science without wisdom and love?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
oh yah found this....

An old evolution myth still hanging around is the notion that things that look like gill-slits, tails, etc. in developing human embryos show the embryo repeating all the stages of evolution. In 1866, Ernst Haeckel proposed his "biogenetic law" (not to be confused with the law of biogenesis that says life only comes from life). His idea was that growing vertebrate embryos went through all the forms of their supposed evolutionary ancestors ("ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny"). He published drawings comparing growing embryos of a number of animals such as the pig, cat, salamander, etc. to growing human embryos. The similarities that he said he found helped persuade people to believe the theory of evolution. Scientists eventually discovered enough about embryology to quietly discard the "biogenetic law", but it was not until a careful photographic study of growing vertebrate embryos was conducted in 1997 that Haeckel's deceit was fully revealed. They found that his drawings were so far from reality that they could not have been done from the actual embryos.31 He must have faked them.

www.newgeology.us...

Might this be the "everything they taught about embryology"?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Facts?

We don't need no goddamn facts!

Looks like you'd fit in perfectly with Paul Broun's demographic.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

What an ass#@%$! This guy is a DUMB AS A BAG OF ROCKS! The only thing that is more sickening that to listen or read what this guy has said...is the thought of the people WHO ACTUALLY VOTED FOR THIS GUY!

But in my relatively vast experiences...KARMA...what comes around...goes around. I am willing to BET this guy will be named in some SUIT involving either RAPE or perhaps INFIDELITY! Watch...just a matter of time! LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Facts?

We don't need no goddamn facts!

Looks like you'd fit in perfectly with Paul Broun's demographic.

No I do not! I do not deny science, I only deny stupid zombie science! I deny humanist philosophy which masquerades as science. I do not accept the young earth theory, nor do I subscribe wholly to the Darwin theory of evolution. Darwin's theory is promoted by secular humanists to substantiate their ideas that God does not exist, and also to promote materialism. The idea is we just evolved from some animals and will always just be animals evolving.
I bet you didn't even bother to look at the link I provided.

Enjoy your magical thinking VaterOrlag

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Magical thinking?

Isn't that what creationism is for?

The idea that we were intelligently designed by the magic big man in the sky?

It's more plausible that E.Ts did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join