It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington State Cryptid thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Washington Cryptids

Washington State is well known for its large number of bigfoot sightings, but this interesting and scenic state has many other mythical creatures in ancient or current legend. With its varied terrain of deep forests, large lakes, numerous mountains, and even deserts, mysterious atmosphere (fog and clouds), and large undeveloped areas, Washington is an ideal place for creatures real or imagined. Here is a sample of some I've found.

The Giant Palouse Earthworm (so rare it's almost mythical):

en.wikipedia.org...

Sea Monster Willatuk in Puget Sound near Seattle:

www.willatuk.com...

Lake Monsters:

Ogopogo at lake Osoyoos is fairly well known as far as lake monsters go, and has even been on Monsterquest! www.okanagan-valley-guide.com...

Rock lake. Indians and later settlers reported seeing lake monsters here. The indians claimed that the monster killed people many times and decided to make it off limits to their people:
www.spokaneoutdoors.com... (near the bottom of the page)

Lake Chelan:
books.google.com... =en&sa=X&ei=-LlvUKWfD4nIiwL07IGoBg&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=lake%20monster%20lake%20chelan&f=false

Even lake Washington in Seattle has had reports of it's own lake monsters: www.seattlepi.com...

The Spedis Owl along the Columbia River and may have served as a protective icon against water "monsters."

centennial.sno.wednet.edu...

Batsquatch, a strange, big bat like creature that preys on livestock: www.bellaonline.com...

And of course, bigfoot, otherwise known as Sasquatch, with the most sightings of any part of the country (or world I believe): wiki.answers.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I should probably add the geoduck which, while definitely a real creature, probably sounds like a legend to everyone not from Washington: www.ecy.wa.gov...

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, seeing as how Wasington seems to be on fire, now might be a good time to see some of them on the move.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wouldn't that be something? A herd of bigfeet swarming past the news cameras as they escape the fire?
edit on 6-10-2012 by subject x because:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I live in Oak Harbor, WA. and I feel it's a little odd, and unfair, that you left out the PNW Tree Octopus!

zapatopi.net...

I like your thread though.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Never heard of that one!

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Well, there's always the Mount St. Helen's story to look at, where the national guard supposedly removed an injured bigfoot from the area. Seems almost plausible to me, given that there's a valley in the area called Ape Canyon.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
An indian lady I know said she has seen them up by Mt Adams on the Yakima reservation.

top topics

join